News

07/13 Weekly Post: Shadow Boost Activation Update

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

🚨 Update 07/14:

We have read and seen all of your comments. We are temporarily closing down the comments to prevent misinformation. We understand the current frustration that people are experiencing and are working hard to address these issues. We will be coming out with more communication soon. We would like to reassure everyone that they will get their Shadow. 

-Greta, CM UK. 

Hey #TeamShadow,

This week we’re adding a new section beneath each data center, “Start of week”.

As one might imagine, this will be the beginning point of activations for each datacenter in a given week. Combine this with our target for your datacenter and consider yourself in the know on whether you should be activated this week!

For New York and Chicago, the deployment of necessary storage to activate your Shadows is still in progress but slower than our desired frequency. We’re sorry for this, and appreciate you for your patience as the team works to exceed our current activation targets.

As a reminder:
-We activate Monday through Thursday

-Beginning at 8am local time each day for each datacenter

Below is the activation information by datacenter. You can check which datacenter you belong to here

CHICAGO:

If pre-order date is before May 26th:
Activation in Early July 2020 (delayed from June)

If pre-order date is between May 26th - June 1st:

Activation by July 23rd 2020 (after pre-orders before May 26th)

If pre-order date is June 1st or later:

Activations starting from July 2020 (after pre-orders before June 1st)

Start of week:
May 17th pre-order date

Target by next Monday:
Latest activation has May 20th pre-order date

TEXAS:

Start of week:

May 24th pre-order date

Target by next Monday:
Latest activation has May 29th pre-order date

NEW YORK:

Start of week:

May 18th pre-order date

Target by next Monday:
Latest activation has May 21st pre-order date

SANTA CLARA:

If pre-order date is June 26th or later:

Activation starting July 2020

Start of week:

June 26th pre-order date

Target by next Monday:
Latest activation has July 7th pre-order date

PARIS:

If pre-order date is before June 10th:
Pre-orders are on track to be delivered late summer (August-September)
If pre-order date is June 10th or later:

Activations starting October 2020

Start of week:

April 15th pre-order date

Target by next Monday:
Latest activation has April 19th pre-order date

AMSTERDAM:

If pre-order date is before June 10th:

Activations starting July 2020

If pre-order date is June 10th or later:

Activations starting July 2020

Start of week:

May 23rd pre-order date

Target by next Monday:
Latest activation has May 27th pre-order date

To learn what “Activation” means and what it takes to activate your Shadow, check out this post:
https://forum.shadow.tech/activation-account-billing-31/activation-58

This topic has been closed for comments

100 replies

Userlevel 3

@Mist if anything this is helpful to Shadow. It shows where they have critical communication failures with their customer base and how to rectify them. I reject your characterization of this criticism as unreasonable or toxic. With all the people out of work they should hire some service reps to handle questions and talk people through what is really going on.

Also please stop saying how hard they are working. Unless someone works there we have no way of knowing that. Also give credit here it is due and recognize the men and women who work in those data centers which are not Shadow employees at all. 

I haven’t once made a comment in regards to how hard they’re working, because I have no idea. What I do know is that complaining about a product that you knew could possibly be delayed(that’s literally what you sign up for when you pre order something), comparing it to competitors, and then staying here through all that and still getting upset at the slow activation rate is all very unreasonable behavior.

Userlevel 1

@Bodie @Mist Full disclosure: do either of you work for Blade Group (Shadow?)

It is disingenuous to simply say “go to a competitor’ after we have waited months.  Especially when we may have been misled. It is not unfair or “toxic” to ask for an accurate and transparent accounting of what is really going on so we can decide for ourselves if we want to cut our losses at this point. 

No lmao. I’m just a customer too. I only got activated last week, so I understand how you guys feel about this. But I think a lot of other people here are being very unreasonable in regards to activations, and something had to be said. They’ve already said that they’re having issues in regard to storage orders. I don’t understand what more of an explanation you want from them.

@Mist I’m not that opposed to the delays. Stuff happens and its understandable. Its just that the dates predicted have been off … like way off. I understand that my pre-order is delayed, I do. What I don’t understand is why the website still advertises (not promises, but it does set expectations) new pre-order people that they will get their service within the month. When I signed up (in May), the website said “by June”. It did not say “sometime at the end of June” but “by June”. Then the posts from Shadow said it would be “by the end of June”, and guess what, it did not happen. Thats actually not that large of a problem, after all, they may have just run into problems they didn’t expect. The problem here is that they then sent me an email saying I would be activated in early July. As soon as I got the email, I went here and read the posts. At that time, they were doing 2 days of pre-orders a week and were still doing middle-of-May pre-orders. It was quite clear that they were not going to get to my order in “early July”. I don’t have a problem with setting new dates, I just cannot understand why they tell me a date they know they cannot deliver. It is one thing for me to have unexpected delays, it is another for me to tell you something knowing it is not true. The worst part is that I am probably not the most hurt by this. There are people right now pre-ordering the product based on the advertisement online that they will get it the same month. Based on the pre-order speed, it looks like they too will have to wait 2 months. I think it is quite clear to everyone involved (both us waiting and Shadow) that the new people will not be getting their activations soon. If that is the case, why not just say “delayed” on the website. If they just said that, no one could have a problem. Yet the advertisement date is still misleading, well after it is clear that it is unachievable. 

I am not going to get a different competitor (I am using GeForceNow currently) as I believe in the shadow product. I also understand the delays, pandemics happen. I am just a little sad that I keep getting dates that everyone knows are not going to be met.    

Userlevel 3

I am just a little sad that I keep getting dates that everyone knows are not going to be met.    

That’s understandable and reasonable. I think the most important thing for everyone is to realize that the dates they give are estimates. There’s not anything set in stone since it’s difficult to guarantee any specific activation timeline, especially with so many orders during this pandemic(probably even more so since everyone is at home and has nothing else to do, and they’re having trouble getting the hardware needed).

Userlevel 3

@Mist My apologies.  Someone else was mentioning how hard they worked and I erroneously associated you with the sentiment.  

That being said I never mentioned their competitors and you seem to be linking me to that statement. I simply listed their 3rd party data centers (which they themselves disclosed.) This in turn highlighted the “storage issue” as a false narrative.

Shadow’s business model is nothing like game development. It is more akin to waiting for the FIOS guy to show up. Anyone who has been waiting patiently only to have them cancel on you understands how frustrating it is.

I guess my question to you is why are you saying I need to stop complaining instead of Shadow should stop lying to us? If you don’t have any professional association with them shouldn’t you be on the side of fellow customers?

Userlevel 3

@Mist Also please stop saying this is a hardware issue. That has been thoroughly disproven. In fact Shadow owns no hardware at all in America.

Their Equinix data centers have all the hardware and capacity they need. This appears to be  a contract issue. Which if it is the case they should disclose what the issue is and let people decide if they want to continue to wait or cancel.

Userlevel 3

@Mist My apologies.  Someone else was mentioning how hard they worked and I erroneously associated you with the sentiment.  

That being said I never mentioned their competitors and you seem to be linking me to that statement. I simply listed their 3rd party data centers (which they themselves disclosed.) This in turn highlighted the “storage issue” as a false narrative.

Shadow’s business model is nothing like game development. It is more akin to waiting for the FIOS guy to show up. Anyone who has been waiting patiently only to have them cancel on you understands how frustrating it is.

I guess my question to you is why are you saying I need to stop complaining instead of Shadow should stop lying to us? If you don’t have any professional association with them shouldn’t you be on the side of fellow customers?

I wasn’t addressing your complaints in particular, but rather then general list of complaints that have been thrown around.

As for your question, I’ve already addressed the first part. They haven’t lied to you. You signed up for a “pre-order”, which doesn’t have any sort of guaranteed delivery date. I think it’s dishonest to frame the situation as having been lied to, when there wasn’t any guaranteed delivery from the start. To get upset to the extent that many other individuals in this thread have been is unreasonable in my opinion. As a customer, I do think it is important to raise questions and try to gather more information, especially if there are many repeated delays, but there are ways to go about it that don’t involve thrashing on the company and comparing it to other companies that charge 10 times as much as this service, like other people in this thread have been doing.

Userlevel 3

@Mist I believe you were the one who asked about the delay and a shadow rep told you that it was a “storage” issue. Is that correct?  

How is that not misinformation?  That incorrectly leads one to assume shadow has direct physical access to these servers and are in fact building them which we now know they are not. They cite these continued vendor delays as the reason for our activations. That is a lie. I don’t care if they buy capacity from a 3rd party. But I do care that they take an order without buying the requisite capacity to fill the order and then string us along indefinitely. 

Also I am not sure why you keep saying Pre-orders are non-binding agreements.  If I pre-order a Tesla truck how much you wanna bet they are gonna keep the down payment?  Just because game companies have gotten away with BS in the past doesn’t mean you need to accept it as a de facto law. I am “complaining” because I expect them to change. Otherwise I would have left already. 

Userlevel 3

@Mist I believe you were the one who asked about the delay and a shadow rep told you that it was a “storage” issue. Is that correct?  

How is that not misinformation?  That incorrectly leads one to assume shadow has direct physical access to these servers and are in fact building them which we now know they are not. They cite these continued vendor delays as the reason for our activations. That is a lie. I don’t care if they buy capacity from a 3rd party. But I do care that they take an order without buying the requisite capacity to fill the order and then string us along indefinitely. 

Also I am not sure why you keep saying Pre-orders are non-binding agreements.  If I pre-order a Tesla truck how much you wanna bet they are gonna keep the down payment?  Just because game companies have gotten away with BS in the past doesn’t mean you need to accept it as a de facto law. I am “complaining” because I expect them to change. Otherwise I would have left already. 

This is the statement they gave in the email explaining the delays. You can clearly see that they aren’t implying that they have direct physical access to the servers. They’re saying their partners were unable to deliver the storage. I don’t understand where you got the idea that shadow has been insinuating that they’re physically dealing with the hardware. If they had a deal with a partner, and the partner wasn’t able to deliver what they required, of course it’s going to cause a delay.

Pre-orders are agreements that you’ll receive the product that you’ve paid for whenever it’s made available. Just because they incorrectly estimated the day they’d be able to activate your machine doesn’t mean you were lied to.

Userlevel 3

I mean in the sense that because a company went bankrupt it was unable to take delivery of storage sure they haven’t lied.

But don’t you feel the fact we are having this disagreement at all is a sign that Blade Group failed to properly communicate what was going on? However misleading or not that statement is, it drastically underscores what the underlying problem was and how vulnerable this service is to supply side issues. They have an obligation to disclose that to perspective buyers BEFORE they wait months for service. Otherwise their credibility and reliability are shot. 

Also the fact that people thought I was “to hard” on the company because I asked questions about what was going on shows that there is a fundamental disconnect with the truth.

Userlevel 3

I mean in the sense that because a company went bankrupt it was unable to take delivery of storage sure they haven’t lied.

But don’t you feel the fact we are having this disagreement at all is a sign that Blade Group failed to properly communicate what was going on? However misleading or not that statement is, it drastically underscores what the underlying problem was and how vulnerable this service is to supply side issues. They have an obligation to disclose that to perspective buyers BEFORE they wait months for service. Otherwise their credibility and reliability are shot. 

Also the fact that people thought I was “to hard” on the company because I asked questions about what was going on shows that there is a fundamental disconnect with the truth.

Could you please provide your source of information regarding these bankrupt partners, as well as information that they are/were indeed partnered with shadow. As far as I can see, this bankruptcy talk is just speculation that has been floating around in this thread. I’m sure you’d agree that without any evidence it doesn’t make sense to use this sort of speculation to criticize shadow.

Userlevel 3

@Mist 

http://as64476.net/
please note the US peering facilities 

https://www.datacenterdynamics.com/en/news/inap-files-bankruptcy-along-us-subsidiaries/

Userlevel 3

@Mist 

http://as64476.net/
please note the US peering facilities 

https://www.datacenterdynamics.com/en/news/inap-files-bankruptcy-along-us-subsidiaries/

This bankruptcy dates all the way back to March. INAP has been out of bankruptcy since May:

https://datacenterfrontier.com/inap-emerges-from-bankruptcy-with-less-debt-new-ceo/

This storage issue, which delayed activations significantly across the US, has only been present since late June. Furthermore, the Dallas data center, which is the only one associated with INAP, is actually the second fastest data center in the US currently.

The other data centers don’t have any partners caught up in bankruptcy.

Clearly, all the evidence is arguing against the conclusion that one of their partners going bankrupt has caused them to slow down activations. It’s disingenuous to say that Shadow has been hiding some sort of crucial information like that and has been misleading us.

Userlevel 1

Preordered on the 01. April 2020, I think im pretty confident that the dates presented in this thread have no link to reality whatsoever.

the recommendation by Ryan to reach out to support was met with standardised responses like “We don’t know exactly when you will be activated but it’s in July.”

so where do these dates come from then if even Support can’t help in this situation?

Userlevel 3

@Mist Wow! Did you hurt your back doing that flip?  We just went from I can’t find any proof of “this bankruptcy” to that happened way back in March so it isn’t even relevant. When you declare chapter 11 it has lasting consequences. Like maybe Netrality taking over INAP’s Houston location on June 3rd. Or perhaps INAP’s vendors no longer agreeing to supply them with storage because of unpaid bills.

You are right that it doesn’t explain the whole mess. The bigger problem is Equinix which house two of their data center locations in the US and several in Europe. To my understanding when it comes to Equinix contracts you have to specify the quantity of space and the price you want. Customers may utilize only the amount of space specified on that contract (Service Order.)

If a customer wants additional space a whole new Service Order must be signed. All this gets billed beginning on the Billing Commencement Date specified in the Service Order date regardless if installation plans are defined or the installation is completed.  

Any big IT contract like this has an SLA which governs how fast installs and whatnot take places. Plus from their latest investor data it doesn’t sound like this is a hardware/personnel issue. So to me it sounds like they either do not want or cannot sign any additional Service Orders because they will have to front the cost or perhaps the price is prohibitive.  But if that is the case then it would mean that not only did they lie but they are lying to us but pre-orders are downright fraud since they know they don’t have capacity to on board them. 

Out of sheer curiosity… if you do not work for them… nor have any professional affiliation or receive any compensation surrounding shadow… then why are you so determined to prove that they acted in an honorable and aboveboard manor when it is pretty clear that hasn’t been the case? Why rush to protect them before they have a chance to respond so we can hear the truth from them?

Userlevel 3

Out of sheer curiosity… if you do not work for them… nor have any professional affiliation or receive any compensation surrounding shadow… then why are you so determined to prove that they acted in an honorable and aboveboard manor when it is pretty clear that hasn’t been the case? Why rush to protect them before they have a chance to respond so we can hear the truth from them?

This kind of argument is pretty absurd. You’ve asked me this a few times already. I could make a claim that you work for a competitor, and that the reason you’re here against them is so that you can hurt the reputation of this company. Why do you rush to criticize them and draw these conclusions before they release a statement? Pretty dumb logic, right? I don’t understand why it’s so hard for you to believe that if there are people who will criticize a service, there are also people who will defend it. I just think that the amount/type of criticism received is unreasonable, and all I’ve been trying to do is be a voice that helps reasons with these individuals. Raising questions is fine, but there’s a way to go about it rather than trying to come up with some conclusion of your own and criticizing the company using that, or comparing it to competitors who charge way more and then still sticking around here(as others have been doing).

Userlevel 3

Well to be fair, I already mentioned on an earlier post what I do and that I am not in this industry on any level. Still I don’t understand why you think I am “against Shadow” when in fact the opposite is true. There are a million DaaS options. Many of whom are not more expensive. I have deliberately not named them. Some of them will soon roll out with gaming optimized virtualized computers just like Shadow. Do you think anyone will stick around and wait for 2 months when that happens?

Criticism isn’t a bad thing if it is merited as many people would agree it is in this case. If you don’t then so be it. None of these things hurt the reputation of their company. Some 3rd party vendor going bankrupt won’t hurt Apple. But if Apple handled it the way Shadow has then it may very well haunt them. Again, I don’t know why you think the truth will be harmful to their reputation but I am not here to change your mind. I simply wanted to get some answers directly from Shadow for myself and the community. Many of whom are still waiting and want a realistic assessment of what that wait may be. 

You say I am wildly coming up with conclusions. Maybe but if anything Shadow should have responded and settled the issue. Instead they have bots answering our service requests. Out of sheer curiosity what is your understanding of the delay? Perhaps if you clarified what you think is going on I would better understand where you are coming from.

Userlevel 3

@skt201 

I never said criticism is bad. I merely used it to demonstrate the idea that if you say defending them should somehow mean that I’m associated with them, then your criticism should also mean you’re associated with a competitor of some sort. Of course, that sort of statement is absurd, and I was using it to demonstrate how your question itself was absurd regarding my defense of Shadow.

As for my understanding of the delay, I believe that the pandemic has caused an increased demand since people have been stuck in their homes, as well as a decreased frequency of activation due to limited component supply caused by corona as well. Take Nintendo and their lack of Switches on the market due to their inability to gather components from their suppliers. I know you’ll say it’s not the same industry, but my point is that the output of businesses has been negatively affected due to corona. An increase in demand and a decrease in output would inevitably lead to a situation like this.

Userlevel 3

Okay, fair enough.  Increased demand? Sure, I concede that. Moreover, a hardware shortage is a perfectly valid rationale except Shadow doesn’t own any hardware. Which makes the chokepoint exclusively a vendor issue. 

I haven’t seen anything in Equinix’s SEC filings to indicate they are having supply shortages or any capacity issues. The only thing I could come across to explain it would be the INAP bankruptcy. But if you think they are past all that now and are the 2nd fastest in the country then they shouldn’t be a limiting factor either. So… ? 

While you’re right that I don’t know exactly what is going on my opinions aren’t speculative. They are measured given the limited data I have. Since I can’t find any major supply chain or capacity issues then it is not wild to assume it is in fact a contractual issue. 

In the end their silence on all of this is much more worrying than anything else. 

*Side note: most DaaS companies are much more transparent with their infrastructure network, OEM partners, hardware options and locations etc. I don’t know why Shadow doesn’t disclose that info readily. 

Userlevel 1

Hey @Mist, I’ve seen your points and though I think that you are trying to be unbiased and helpful, I disagree almost entirely. Except for the fact that you do know the definition of “Pre-orders” - something you’ve stated multiple times, fantastic job, let’s begin. 

1.) To you’re points addressing comments as “toxic” & “thrashing shadow”  ~

The whole point of an online forum is for users (customers, etc.) to be able to voice their opinions - a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge. How you choose to process these opinions is truly up to you, but at the end of the day, make 0 difference in the eyes of others. We live in a - mostly -  modern society where freedom of speech is tolerated and being able to actively express your opinions is considered the norm. I understand certain countries do not tolerate this, and can see where you are coming from if you’re in one of them, but here in the US, it’s tolerated - in fact it’s the constitution! Now with all that being said, my point is, you’re responses of “Quit complaining” and “Being disrespectful” are not applicable. Opinions are opinions and to snub ones ability to voice it, is in fact toxic and not the opposite. Take it as customers leaving a “review” on something like Yelp, they may not necessarily be ‘right’ but it is the primary function of such a forum, to inform others and discuss a certain product, and in this case entails Shadow’s short comings. 

2.) To you’re “Pre-order” and “Estimate” comments ~

Yes you’re right (I don’t really have an issue here but I’ll play devil’s advocate anyway), to pre-order something you order (an item of merchandise or in this case, service) before it is available, with the understanding that it will be shipped later. How much later? Usually an estimate (an approximate calculation or judgment of the value) is provided by the company in the description of the product. Why could people be upset? Because the approximate given by Shadow has been wrong over 3 times consecutively for select cases, but is nonetheless understandable in light of recent events - Covid. Does that mean they can’t give better estimates? No, and in my opinion for a company this big, candidness goes a long way. Even if some customers do cancel their orders, a company’s integrity will always prevail towards customer satisfaction more so than just consumer appeasing delusiveness or as others have coined it’s lack of “Transparency”. 

3- I’m getting tired and it’s late, i’ll debate more tomorrow don’t worry.) Asserting that suggesting other companies whilst still waiting &/or using Shadow is “Hypocritical” and “Disrespectful” ~

If that how you feel then sure? But again, this is a public forum, and users are just looking out for users. To advise others not to use a certain product, and suggest an alternative may seem hypocritical to you, and quite frankly I don’t really care, but again is just advice. Could it be disrespectful in the eyes of Shadow? Sure, but what you don’t take into consideration is time. Time allotted towards waiting for this cheap alternative in comparison to Paperspace and other desktop services (since people use this for work too, and we cannot trivialize their needs as just ‘gamers’), is therefor lost and equates to money lost thereby negating your theory as “hypocritical” but rather the marginal cost of waiting an additional week < using paper space 1.5 months later. However, for those users who are simply looking into Shadow as an option can still back out now, rather than having to make an arduous decision 1.5 months later down the road, all thanks to us. I get there is a pandemic (I’m only addressing @Mist here), but for more on that(for shadow), look towards #2.

All in all, I am actively advising friends, peers, family members to not use Shadow’s services. Not only for the reasons mentioned above, but also their appalling communication skills - I’ve asked the same question last week, again earlier this week, and have yet to be responded to. I wouldn’t want anyone I know to have to endure the drudgerous process shadow seems to put it’s users through. Paperspace is a much more viable option, and it’s link I’ll leave down below. 

With that being said, good night, I love y’all.

I pre ordered at the 07/09 it says August so any info when it will activated 

Userlevel 3

@Singhhh By far the best and most reasoned post all night!  

I salute you good sir! :raised_hands:

@Mist I did in fact presume you were from America. If that is not the case I apologize. 

Userlevel 3

Hey @Singhhh, I’ve read through your points and sure, they’re reasonable statements, but you’re taking my statements out of context and ignoring how I’ve presented them and who I’ve presented them to. Let me address each of your points.

1.) Comments as “toxic” & “thrashing shadow”  ~

Yes, the whole point of a forum is to voice your opinion and have a discussion. But there is a point in time where that discussions ceases to be productive. If you look at the user I addressed as toxic(@mememasterboi) even after having his problem or concern addressed by fellow users(including myself), he went on to flood this post with negative comments as well as other posts. Why do you think users get banned off of communities? There’s a major difference between voicing your opinion and just being outright negative. That sort of negativity is exactly what I’ve been trying to voice my opinion against. There is nothing wrong with criticism or raising questions. On the other hand, someone like @skt201 has made reasonable points of criticism, and I had no problem having a discussion with him. That’s what a forum is for. If you bothered to read through what I’ve been saying, you’d have noticed that I’ve mentioned multiple times that I welcome criticism and think it’s healthy for both the customers and the company. However, there are ways to go about it that don’t involve negativity based off speculation, comparing the service to similar services that don’t charge nearly the same amount, outright lying about how long you’ve had to wait and feeding those lies to other customers, etc etc.

2.) “Pre-order” and “Estimate” comments ~

Again, if you’ve bothered to read my responses, I’ve mentioned how I agree that the number of delays is a good reason to be upset. I’ve been in the same position, and I’ve said that I understand how these users feel. We’re both completely agreeing with eachother here, in regards to what pre ordering dictates and that users have just reason to be upset. I don’t see the reasoning you had when included this point, unless you didn’t read my posts addressing this or just outright ignored them.

3.) Suggesting other companies whilst still waiting &/or using Shadow is “Hypocritical” and “Disrespectful” ~

First of all, since you’re addressing me specifically, you should’ve taken note that I haven’t called people comparing other services “hypocritical” or “disrespectful”. I’d appreciate if you’d do a little bit more digging before addressing points towards a single person and making some accusations like this. Moving on, I think it’s absolutely great if there’s competitors on the market against Shadow. It’ll drive the industry to move even further. My problem lies in people(like @mememasterboi above) using an example like paperspace and saying that the fact that they have no issues means shadow is failing as a company or whatever. When you look at it, you can’t compare these two services like that. Paperspace is a much bigger company, and much more expensive when it comes to ordering a machine of similar caliber. The type of demand, consumers, and people they serve are different as compared to shadow. It is unreasonable of users to thrash shadow for not doing as good by comparing it to a company like paperspace. That is the point I’ve been trying to make.

In the end, I don’t care if you have a negative opinion of shadow and how they’re handling things. The way each person feels regarding a certain topic will always differ. That’s why forums like this exist, to share thoughts and opinions. Personally, I agree communication from Shadow could be better, but the flooding in this forum with constant unproductive negativity isn’t helping anyone and needs to tone down a little. The arguments get unreasonable at times, and they’re just unproductive as a whole.

Userlevel 3

@Mist I did in fact presume you were from America. If that is not the case I apologize. 

Yeah, I am from America. I ordered from the NY data center.

Userlevel 3

@Mist 

You’ve called my comments absurd and dismissed @Singhhh as having not even bothered to read your comments. You accuse people of being negative, unproductive and our opinions futile. Perhaps it is time you reflect on your own behavior.

We are trying to clarify what is going on for the entire community. What is it exactly that you are doing? Other than denigrating strangers on the internet. Perhaps you could withhold these attacks unless you have something productive to add. 

You say that Paperspace is an overpriced competitor and irrelevant to the discussion. Okay, fine. What about all the other competitors? I mean you can build out a Microsoft Virtual Machine for free now. With similar graphical and latency optimized for gaming. Even after the free trial it would be cheaper than Shadow. While I am loathe to mention a competitor by name you seem to discount them all as non-existent based off one overpriced offering. This market is only going to get more crowded. As I mentioned before… you can build a similar DaaS on other cloud services as well btw. How much longer do you think people will wait around when they realize that?

Trust me, we get it. You want to take them at their word. But that is not protecting the company. Telling people to suck it up and deal with it is no longer a viable strategy. Moreover Shadow doesn’t need you to speak for them. They are big boys and can answer our questions for themselves.

Userlevel 3

@Mist 

You’ve called my comments absurd and dismissed @Singhhh as having not even bothered to read your comments. You accuse people of being negative, unproductive and our opinions futile. Perhaps it is time you reflect on your own behavior.

We are trying to clarify what is going on for the entire community. What is it exactly that you are doing? Other than denigrating strangers on the internet. Perhaps you could withhold these attacks unless you have something productive to add. 

You say that Paperspace is an overpriced competitor and irrelevant to the discussion. Okay, fine. What about all the other competitors? I mean you can build out a Microsoft Virtual Machine for free now. With similar graphical and latency optimized for gaming. Even after the free trial it would be cheaper than Shadow. While I am loathe to mention a competitor by name you seem to discount them all as non-existent based off one overpriced offering. This market is only going to get more crowded. As I mentioned before… you can build a similar DaaS on other cloud services as well btw. How much longer do you think people will wait around when they realize that?

Trust me, we get it. You want to take them at their word. But that is not protecting the company. Telling people to suck it up and deal with it is no longer a viable strategy. Moreover Shadow doesn’t need you to speak for them. They are big boys and can answer our questions for themselves.

You accused me of being paid to express my own opinion. I only called it absurd after you asked me multiple times about my relation to shadow. You even admitted that me pointing out the absurdity in those comments was “fair enough”. Thanks for back pedaling to paint me in a negative light though, without taking the time to realize why those comments were made in the first place.

As for @Singhhh, he literally did not read my comments. He quoted statements that I have not typed, and that has painted a false picture in his post about me. I have the right and duty to call him out if he’s going to place words into my mouth. It is in no means improper behavior to do so, and im sure anyone else wouldn’t appreciate words being placed into their mouth. 

Quit trying to suddenly turn this around. Look at what I said and what he’s said before commenting on the situation next time.