News

07/20 Weekly Post: Shadow Boost Activation Update

• 20 July 2020
  • 72 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hey #TeamShadow,

Last week we added a new section beneath each data center, “Start of week”. This marks the starting point of activations for each datacenter in a given week. Combine this with our target for your datacenter and you should be able to determine whether you’ll be activated this week!

For New York pre-orders, some users who pre-ordered between May 27th and July 16th and were promised activation in July 2020 will have their Shadow delivery delayed. As there is still next week to process activations in July and activations are processed on a first-come first-served basis, we will email all impacted users that will be delayed by the end of July with their adjusted delivery timeline.

Given the feedback from previous weekly activation updates, we’d like to clearly address that we’re monitoring Chicago and Texas closely to avoid any delays similar to New York. We will update this thread with any developments during the week if we have any, and of course provide you the situation in next Monday’s update. Please keep the feedback coming, and thank you for your patience despite the wait for activation.

Santa Clara, Paris, and Amsterdam continue to activate at a fairly regular pace each.

As a reminder:
-We activate Monday through Thursday

-Beginning at 8am local time each day for each datacenter

Below is the activation information by datacenter. You can check which datacenter you belong to here

CHICAGO:

If pre-order date is before May 26th:
Activation this week

If pre-order date is between May 26th - July 16th

Activations starting from July 2020 (after pre-orders before May 26th)

If pre-order date is July 16th or later:

Activation in August 2020

Start of week:
May 20th pre-order date

Target by next Monday:
Latest activation has May 28th pre-order date

TEXAS:

If pre-order date is between May 26th - June 1st:

Activation this week

If pre-order date is June 1st or later:

Activations starting from July 2020 (after pre-orders before June 1st)

Start of week:

May 29th pre-order date

Target by next Monday:
Latest activation has June 4th pre-order date

NEW YORK:

If pre-order date is before May 26th:
Activation this week

If pre-order date is May 26th or later:

Activations starting from July 2020 (after pre-orders before May 26th)

Activation in September 2020

Start of week:

May 21st pre-order date

Target by next Monday:
Latest activation has May 27th pre-order date

SANTA CLARA:

If pre-order date is is before July 16th:

Activation in July 2020

Activation in August 2020 (hopeful to activate early)

Start of week:

July 7th pre-order date

Target by next Monday:
Latest activation has July 16th pre-order date

PARIS:

If pre-order date is before June 10th:
Pre-orders are on track to be delivered late summer (August-September)
If pre-order date is June 10th or later:

Activations starting October 2020

Start of week:

April 19th pre-order date

Target by next Monday:
Latest activation has April 25th pre-order date

AMSTERDAM:

If pre-order date is before June 10th:

Activations starting July 2020

If pre-order date is June 10th or later:

Activations starting July 2020

Start of week:

May 27th pre-order date

Target by next Monday:
Latest activation has June 2nd pre-order date

To learn what “Activation” means and what it takes to activate your Shadow, check out this post:
https://forum.shadow.tech/activation-account-billing-31/activation-58

This topic has been closed for comments

72 replies

waiting for amsterdam :blush:

Still waiting PARIS

Userlevel 2

I preordered on July 2nd(new York) does this mean I’ll get activated this week or next week

I preordered on July 2nd(new York) does this mean I’ll get activated this week or next week

I preordered May 31st and haven’t gotten anything you got a little while to wait

Preordered May 31st and haven’t gotten anything regarding activation when can I realistically expect it?

Just got activated today way ahead of expectation. I only had to wait a week. Thanks Santa Clara for the hard work!

Badge

I don't fully understand what "target by next monday" means. For Chicago, does it mean that preorders on May 28 will get it next Monday or does it mean that preorders on may 28 already got activated?

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

I don't fully understand what "target by next monday" means. For Chicago, does it mean that preorders on May 28 will get it next Monday or does it mean that preorders on may 28 already got activated?

Hey MeerA, that’s our target for the week, meaning that the last activation for the week at a given datacenter will have the pre-order date designated there. That then becomes the Start of Week date for the same datacenter, to establish a starting point for the next week’s activations.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Preordered May 31st and haven’t gotten anything regarding activation when can I realistically expect it?

Hey Ranthony, that depends on your assigned datacenter, but if you’re one of the impacted users for the New York you’ll receive an email by the end of the month with more details.

Badge

Hey MeerA, that’s our target for the week, meaning that the last activation for the week at a given datacenter will have the pre-order date designated there. That then becomes the Start of Week date for the same datacenter, to establish a starting point for the next week’s activations.

So does that mean preorders on May 28 will be activated on this Thursday or on Monday? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

you have a couple weeks my guy :(

Userlevel 2
Badge

Just got activated today way ahead of expectation. I only had to wait a week. Thanks Santa Clara for the hard work!

same here !!! :D

I order my shadow boost exactly a month ago 20 June and i haven't been activated does anyone knows when could i been activated in texas datacenter?? 

Hey, just wondering why us Florida sun bums are routed up to the NY data center, as opposed to Texas?

-Lackosleep

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

So does that mean preorders on May 28 will be activated on this Thursday or on Monday? 

By end of day Thursday for May 28th pre-orders on Chicago.

At this rate, my Shadow will be activated (pre-order from June 18) in mid-September ...

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hey, just wondering why us Florida sun bums are routed up to the NY data center, as opposed to Texas?

-Lackosleep

I believe there is a direct fiber link with the NY data center from Florida. 

I’ve done the maths so ordered on June 10th for Paris. April 25 to June 10 is 46 days meaning I’m not gonna be activated for 7.5 weeks. And that’s also when I go back to school 😭😭.

Ok, i'm official done with the waiting, can somebody please explane why it had to take so long ? 

Pre order date 25-06, estamated activation date with these numbers: 31-08.... Amsterdam datacenter. 

Please give me a good explanation, because i am in the mood to cancel the order. 

Thank you ! 

Hi,

I did my pre order on 24 june (for amsterdam data center), which had a target activation in the month of July. Clearly now the activation will be around august seeing this rate. 

Ofcourse with the whole covid situation I can understand delays.

But what I do not understand is why I just cannot get a clear and realistic activation date. 

Being late is one thing, but not being honest about a realistic date is just bad service. 

Just be honest, and let me know what is realistic. Believe me it would cause much less frustation and impantience on the consumer side. Making it easier for yourselfs. 

Plz let me know.

Kind regards from amsterdam and looking foward to using Shadow. 0

Just be honest, and let me know what is realistic. Believe me it would cause much less frustation and impantience on the consumer side. Making it easier for yourselfs.

True

I pre-ordered yesterday for Amsterdam and activation should be August. But now I see this and think, that this is just impossible. Why not being honest on the pre-order page?

In addition, I would love to see my queue number in my account section. For example that I’m number 1234 in the Shadow Boost queue for Amsterdam.

True

I pre-ordered yesterday for Amsterdam and activation should be August. But now I see this and think, that this is just impossible. Why not being honest on the pre-order page?

In addition, I would love to see my queue number in my account section. For example that I’m number 1234 in the Shadow Boost queue for Amsterdam.

I agree. When you try to reach customer service you literally get zero response, the just try to avoid the question. Giving me serious doubts … 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’ve done the maths so ordered on June 10th for Paris. April 25 to June 10 is 46 days meaning I’m not gonna be activated for 7.5 weeks. And that’s also when I go back to school 😭😭.

Hey Astrixias, I have ordered on June 9th for Paris. Please can you check your account page / preorder section and tell me what is written on it? In my account its written available July 2020.

I’m sooooo confused about the date and the customer-service from Shadow don't give answers to my Emails.

Userlevel 1

Preordered Boost in Amsterdam on 01. April 2020, got activated this Monday. 
the wait was well worth it and just in time for summer holidays!

thanks team shadow!

Preordered Boost in Amsterdam on 01. April 2020, got activated this Monday. 
the wait was well worth it and just in time for summer holidays!

thanks team shadow!

so that means up to 4 months of activation time …. Wow…