News

07/20 Weekly Post: Shadow Boost Activation Update

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hey #TeamShadow,

Last week we added a new section beneath each data center, “Start of week”. This marks the starting point of activations for each datacenter in a given week. Combine this with our target for your datacenter and you should be able to determine whether you’ll be activated this week!

For New York pre-orders, some users who pre-ordered between May 27th and July 16th and were promised activation in July 2020 will have their Shadow delivery delayed. As there is still next week to process activations in July and activations are processed on a first-come first-served basis, we will email all impacted users that will be delayed by the end of July with their adjusted delivery timeline.

Given the feedback from previous weekly activation updates, we’d like to clearly address that we’re monitoring Chicago and Texas closely to avoid any delays similar to New York. We will update this thread with any developments during the week if we have any, and of course provide you the situation in next Monday’s update. Please keep the feedback coming, and thank you for your patience despite the wait for activation.

Santa Clara, Paris, and Amsterdam continue to activate at a fairly regular pace each.

As a reminder:
-We activate Monday through Thursday

-Beginning at 8am local time each day for each datacenter

Below is the activation information by datacenter. You can check which datacenter you belong to here

CHICAGO:

If pre-order date is before May 26th:
Activation this week

If pre-order date is between May 26th - July 16th

Activations starting from July 2020 (after pre-orders before May 26th)

If pre-order date is July 16th or later:

Activation in August 2020

Start of week:
May 20th pre-order date

Target by next Monday:
Latest activation has May 28th pre-order date

TEXAS:

If pre-order date is between May 26th - June 1st:

Activation this week

If pre-order date is June 1st or later:

Activations starting from July 2020 (after pre-orders before June 1st)

Start of week:

May 29th pre-order date

Target by next Monday:
Latest activation has June 4th pre-order date

NEW YORK:

If pre-order date is before May 26th:
Activation this week

If pre-order date is May 26th or later:

Activations starting from July 2020 (after pre-orders before May 26th)

Activation in September 2020

Start of week:

May 21st pre-order date

Target by next Monday:
Latest activation has May 27th pre-order date

SANTA CLARA:

If pre-order date is is before July 16th:

Activation in July 2020

Activation in August 2020 (hopeful to activate early)

Start of week:

July 7th pre-order date

Target by next Monday:
Latest activation has July 16th pre-order date

PARIS:

If pre-order date is before June 10th:
Pre-orders are on track to be delivered late summer (August-September)
If pre-order date is June 10th or later:

Activations starting October 2020

Start of week:

April 19th pre-order date

Target by next Monday:
Latest activation has April 25th pre-order date

AMSTERDAM:

If pre-order date is before June 10th:

Activations starting July 2020

If pre-order date is June 10th or later:

Activations starting July 2020

Start of week:

May 27th pre-order date

Target by next Monday:
Latest activation has June 2nd pre-order date

To learn what “Activation” means and what it takes to activate your Shadow, check out this post:
https://forum.shadow.tech/activation-account-billing-31/activation-58

This topic has been closed for comments

72 replies

It’s officially been over a month since I’ve ordered mine 🤗. In other news, I’ve asked this same question for the last 2 weeks, here it goes again. Hey @RyanFromShadow, my school starts the first week of September, and is in California. Is there anyway to switch my shadow to the Santa Clara server when I fly? Or will I have to activate a new shadow for the west coast? My original one (that has yet to be activated) is set for NY.

I Preordered I believe June 7th and still waiting if that helps you out. Haven’t gotten an email saying I’m delayed so I have hope. (For NY data center)

Heres an idea and I’d like to see if someone from US-EAST would try this out and see how bad the latency really is. Since most activations are about a 3 month wait why not set up a second account and sign up for the Santa Clara DC. You’ll most likely have a shadow in 2 weeks time and if the Latency isn’t that bad (which shouldn’t be an issue for non-multiplayer games?) you’ll have a shadow while you wait. Then, when your US-EAST gets activated just cancel your month-to-month with US-WEST. You’ll end up having to deal with east to west latencies and perhaps an extra 15 dollars that overlaps. 

Userlevel 1

Yeah I thought about that till I realized that I only player competitive multiplayer games ahaha. Has crossed my mind several times though, to play with the lag. But so far I’ve kept myself together. And @RyanFromShadow, can you please answer my earlier question about if switching servers is allowed (say for my case - school in the west coast) or would we have to activate another shadow for that.

So, my shadow has been activated, and i have no unpaid invoices, but i still cant start shadow as it still says i have to activate shadow even though its already been activated since the 22nd

I live in Bellingham, Washington and pre-ordered Shadow Boost. Would California be considered my data center? 

//W heww finally bit the bullet and got myself a shadow pre-order, pretty late into the game since it’s July 26th (and it’s telling moi November for activation) which is fiine, i just can’t wait to try shadow out and actually be able to play games at not 2FPS!
gonna keep en eye on these updates *fingers crossed* 

So, I am a bit confused.

I preordered on the 29th of June, and even though my datacenter’s activation schedule is still at the end of May, the account page tells me I will be activated in July.

Seeing as there are only 5 days of July left, I can’t really believe that. It would be nice if you guys would be more transparent about the activation dates and also if you could actually update the times on the account pages too. Not everybody roams the forums in search for news. 

I think that is a bit misleading, really. If you can’t keep up with the activation dates you promise on pre-order, then atleast give out information and updated activation times. I was sitting here all July waiting to finally be activated (as my account page STILL promises me!!), only to find out that the datacenter is one month behind and I won’t be activated until late August or maybe even September. 

Heres an idea and I’d like to see if someone from US-EAST would try this out and see how bad the latency really is. Since most activations are about a 3 month wait why not set up a second account and sign up for the Santa Clara DC. You’ll most likely have a shadow in 2 weeks time and if the Latency isn’t that bad (which shouldn’t be an issue for non-multiplayer games?) you’ll have a shadow while you wait. Then, when your US-EAST gets activated just cancel your month-to-month with US-WEST. You’ll end up having to deal with east to west latencies and perhaps an extra 15 dollars that overlaps. 

I’m actually tempted to do this….is Santa Clara the fastest DC right now? My DC is texas and based on my preorder (June 14th) it should be going up in about 2 weeks or so, so timing wise just want to make sure it’s going to be fine. I had been using paperspace to run a cloud gaming ring and my ping was 51ms to NYC using the parsec client which wasn’t bad actually (i’d been playing warzone with my brothers/cousins in NYC). 

I’m actually tempted to do this….is Santa Clara the fastest DC right now? My DC is texas and based on my preorder (June 14th) it should be going up in about 2 weeks or so, so timing wise just want to make sure it’s going to be fine. I had been using paperspace to run a cloud gaming ring and my ping was 51ms to NYC using the parsec client which wasn’t bad actually (i’d been playing warzone with my brothers/cousins in NYC). 

Most games I play on US-WEST servers from the east coast are about 70-100 ping. Thats probably unacceptable for competitive multiplayer games. But that will be fine for any single player or turnbased game

This has to be wrong… according to this post i should get activated this month. I went into my account, and it says available in 2021? (I’m on Amsterdam Data center)

This has to be wrong… according to this post i should get activated this month. I went into my account, and it says available in 2021? (I’m on Amsterdam Data center)

This post is only for Shadow Boost. Did you maybe pre-ordered one of the other two tiers?

This post is only for Shadow Boost. Did you maybe pre-ordered one of the other two tiers?

Yes, i ordered Shadow Boost.

Yes, i ordered Shadow Boost.

I have still August in my account section. Pre-ordered a week ago, also for Amsterdam. Not sure then...

When did you pre-order?

I'd like to chime in and add that my activation date for Boost on the AMS data center also got changed from July to 2021, and that I ordered it the 18th of June.

I'd like to chime in and add that my activation date for Boost on the AMS data center also got changed from July to 2021, and that I ordered it the 18th of June.

This changed for me as well. Ordered on the 16th of June. Original date that i was supposed to be activated was July in my profile but now shows 2021. 

WOW, that’s bad news. Then we are screwed :disappointed:

I ordered on the 15th of June. I saw people ask the same thing on Reddit but they did not get a reply. And others who posted later did get an answer but to a different question.

To me it looks like Amsterdam actually might get delayed and they’re afraid people will cancel their pre-order by keeping it to themselves for now.

I hope i’m wrong though… and to be clear i do have patience but by 2021 i’ll probably have no use for it anymore then i’ll have a PS5.

I would also like to chime in. I'm in the US. My data center is Texas. I saw you guys were getting pushed back. Mine also got pushed back as well. Only a month but still it sucks for the Amsterdam. I was really looking forward to it. 

I ordered on the 15th of June. I saw people ask the same thing on Reddit but they did not get a reply. And others who posted later did get an answer but to a different question.

To me it looks like Amsterdam actually might get delayed and they’re afraid people will cancel their pre-order by keeping it to themselves for now.

I hope i’m wrong though… and to be clear i do have patience but by 2021 i’ll probably have no use for it anymore then i’ll have a PS5.

I'll cancel if it gets confirmed that it has indeed pushed back to 2021, as I won't have any use for it by then either.

Badge +1

maybe also because these questions about activations get asked literally all the time and maybe (or hopefully at least) they will state more about this in an announcement or the next update which, granted, should have been today, but maybe give them a few days, nothing stops you from refunding later on.

especially getting a consistent and coherent answer isnt always easy and some things need time.

WOW, that’s bad news. Then we are screwed :disappointed:

I Suppose AMS means Amsterdam? I Ordered on  the 24. of June and I'm still seeing Available July 2020

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

See the latest updates at https://shdw.me/activation_updates/