News

07/27 Weekly Post: Shadow Boost Activation Update

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hey #TeamShadow,

Welcome to this week’s activation update!

Previously, we announced a delay for New York pre-orders before July 16th. This week we’ve confirmed the dates for which users will be activated this week, and which will receive an email from us by the end of the week regarding the delay.

For Amsterdam, Chicago, and Texas users promised July 2020 for activation will unfortunately be delayed to August 2020, excluding those that will be activated this week. Please review your specific datacenter’s information below to determine if your Shadow’s activation will be delayed, as volume of activations varies by datacenter. Users impacted by the delays will receive an email from us confirming the new expected delivery date similar to New York.

Thank you for your continued patience as you wait to get your hands on Shadow Boost.

As a reminder:
-We activate Monday through Thursday

-Beginning at 8am local time each day for each datacenter

Below is the activation information by datacenter. You can check which datacenter you belong to here

CHICAGO:

If pre-order date is between May 28th - July 8th:

Activation this week

If pre-order date is July 8th - July 16th:

Activations delayed to August 2020

If pre-order date is July 16th or later:

Activation in August 2020 (after July 8th - July 16th pre-orders)

Start of week:
May 28th pre-order date

Target by next Monday:
Latest activation has July 8th pre-order date

TEXAS:

If pre-order date is between June 4th - July 8th:

Activation this week

If pre-order date is July 8th - July 22nd:

If pre-order date is July 22nd or later:

Activation starting August 2020 (after July 8th - July 22nd pre-orders)

Start of week:

June 4th pre-order date

Target by next Monday:

NEW YORK:
If pre-order date is between May 27th - June 1st:

Activation this week

If pre-order date is June 1st - July 16th:

Activation in September 2020

Start of week:

May 27th pre-order date

Target by next Monday:
Latest activation has June 1st pre-order date

SANTA CLARA:

If pre-order date is between July 16th - July 22nd:

Activation in August 2020 (activating early)

Activation in September 2020 

Start of week:

July 16th pre-order date

Target by next Monday:
Latest activation has July 21st pre-order date

PARIS:

If pre-order date is before June 10th:
Pre-orders to be delivered by late summer (August-September)
If pre-order date is between June 10th - July 22nd:

Activations starting October 2020

If pre-order is July 22nd or later:
Activations starting November 2020

Start of week:

April 25th pre-order date

Target by next Monday:
Latest activation has April 29th pre-order date

AMSTERDAM:

If pre-order date is between June 2nd - June 5th:
Activation this week

If pre-order date is between June 5th - July 1st:

Activations delayed from July 2020 to August 2020

If pre-order date is between July 1st to July 22nd:

Activations starting August 2020 (after June 5th - July 1st pre-orders)

Activations starting September 2020

Start of week:

June 2nd pre-order date

Target by next Monday:
Latest activation has June 5th pre-order date

To learn what “Activation” means and what it takes to activate your Shadow, check out this post:
https://forum.shadow.tech/activation-account-billing-31/activation-58

This topic has been closed for comments

81 replies

hi! if i ordered june 10th NY datacenter, can i expect to be activated next week? thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

hi! if i ordered june 10th NY datacenter, can i expect to be activated next week? thanks!

Hey there! It’s possible but won’t be confirmed until next week’s activation update.

Badge

@RyanFromShadow

I worried that paris(uk) won't get there's on time (August) there's been so many delays, I understand its hard with covid and not enough people, I just want to know if Paris (for now) is still set to August as it says on my account "my order" 

Thank you 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@RyanFromShadow

I worried that paris(uk) won't get there's on time (August) there's been so many delays, I understand its hard with covid and not enough people, I just want to know if Paris (for now) is still set to August as it says on my account "my order" 

Thank you 

Currently Shadow Boost activations for Paris are on track but we’re monitoring each datacenter closely, and will communicate in these updates if things change.

Badge

@RyanFromShadow

Thank you 

Currently Shadow Boost activations for Paris are on track but we’re monitoring each datacenter closely, and will communicate in these updates if things change.

Hi @RyanFromShadow is there a expected date in August for when shadow is out Paris(uk) or is it going to happen slowly all out August

And again thank you

Userlevel 1

Hi @RyanFromShadow,

I’ve been asking the same question for 3 weeks now. My school starts in September, and is in California. I’m currently in NY, and I’m set to be “activated” in August. Is there anyway to switch my server to the Santa Clara servers once I leave for California?

Thanks, a response would be greatly appreciated! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @RyanFromShadow,

I’ve been asking the same question for 3 weeks now. My school starts in September, and is in California. I’m currently in NY, and I’m set to be “activated” in August. Is there anyway to switch my server to the Santa Clara servers once I leave for California?

Thanks, a response would be greatly appreciated! 

Hey Singhhh, sorry to have missed your question previously! Currently we don’t have a way to transfer your Shadow between data centers, which would require you to terminate your current plan and subscribe under a service address for where you’ll be staying in California. 

Userlevel 1

Thank you!! I think I’ve waited a while for this one, so I suppose I’ll just make a new account and pre-order it for a Santa Clara a couple weeks out before my leave. That way, though they may overlap a bit, it wouldn’t be too bad, and there would be no wait time in-between. 

Hey,

I ordered (amsterdam) june 18th. 

On my profile it says it will be activated on July 2021. 

Is this a bug or will i be activated (mid august)?

I pre ordered my Shadow on June 22, am i right to assume that i’ll have to wait another week on top of the 5 weeks i’ve already waited, i must say this is a major inconvenience. 

Badge

Just curious why is Paris so far behind usa and Amsterdam in activations I ordered in may and other data centers are processing June and July already. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hey,

I ordered (amsterdam) june 18th. 

On my profile it says it will be activated on July 2021. 

Is this a bug or will i be activated (mid august)?

That is a bug and I can confirm that you will be activated in August. Likely mid August as you suspect but will be confirmed in the weekly updates.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Just curious why is Paris so far behind usa and Amsterdam in activations I ordered in may and other data centers are processing June and July already. 

Activation times are based on current wait times and assessments of available resources, which can vary by datacenter. For the Paris datacenter it in part has to do with sheer volume of pre-orders.

CHICAGO:

If pre-order date is between May 28th - July 8th:

Activation this week

If pre-order date is July 8th - July 16th:

Activation in August 2020 (after July 8th - July 16th pre-orders)

Start of week:
May 28th pre-order date

Target by next Monday:

I’m hoping that its delayed till Auguest 1st and not some other crazy delayed date like Auguest 20th. Definitely not worth the wait if thats the case. Are the people who were delayed the first priority after the May 28th - July 8th right? 

Hey I got my preorder July 8th at 1 am will I be activated this week? Ive been patiently waiting to finally play star citizen I'd highly appreciate it

As a NY data center orderer who ordered on June 20th, over a month and a week ago, this is incredibly frustrating news. I have been reading up on and excited about this product from the day I ordered but I’m pretty disappointed to say that the service has let me down before I even got to experience it while Texas activates a month of users no problem. 

Hi, I did order on June 25 2020 Shadow Boost for the Vermont State. Since Vermont is not listed in this forum, does it mean it will take more time?
If I choose the New York State today, will I get it before my June order of Vermont?
Thank you to clarify this to me
Ben

If i pre ordered in june 20 in texas datacenter it means i will be activated this week?? 

Is there an exact day that ill be activated? i know it’s this week. i pre ordered on june 30th on the chicago server.

Userlevel 3

Hi, I did order on June 25 2020 Shadow Boost for the Vermont State. Since Vermont is not listed in this forum, does it mean it will take more time?
If I choose the New York State today, will I get it before my June order of Vermont?
Thank you to clarify this to me
Ben

There isn’t any data center in Vermont. In your case, you’re already signed up for the New York data center since it’s the closest to your state. Based on your order date and the dates listed above, you should be activated some time during August

Just had mine activated this morning (May 29th, NY server). Very nice experience so far. My computer is from 2013, so it was quite a nice change of pace raising settings instead of lowering them. Hope those waiting get theirs soon. One feature I'd really like to see the return of is the ability to Hibernate instead of shutting down when logging off. Hopefully thats a temporary thing. 

I activated on July first in Texas so does that mean I’m getting my shadow this week

(9th July pre-order) does this mean I get activated in two weeks Amsterdam dc

Hey #TeamShadow,

Welcome to this week’s activation update!

[...]

AMSTERDAM:

If pre-order date is between June 2nd - June 5th:
Activation this week

If pre-order date is between June 5th - July 1st:

Activations delayed from July 2020 to August 2020

If pre-order date is between July 1st to July 22nd:

Activations starting August 2020 (after June 5th - July 1st pre-orders)

Activations starting September 2020

Start of week:

June 2nd pre-order date

Target by next Monday:
Latest activation has June 5th pre-order date

[...]

So they have finally realized that they can no longer implement the planned activation in July.  (I Ordered on 25 of June) But instead of informing the waiting customers via E-Mail they seem to expect us to get this information from a forum post.

I understand that pre-orders can never be guaranteed but this makes me doubting that this company is able to deal with customers in a reasonable way. How about those who are active, if you have questions or problems you get fast uncomplicated help or do you have to wait a long time?

Hello! My question would be if I can get my pre-order June 20th NY this weekend or next week?