News

08/03 Weekly Post: Shadow Boost Activation Update

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hey #TeamShadow,

Welcome to this week’s activation update!

Last week, we confirmed delays of varying degrees by datacenter, emailing the users unfortunately impacted by this delay with their updated delivery timeline.

You’ll find those updated timelines along with a few formatting changes below in today’s update.

“Formatting changes? Sounds boring.”

Typically, yes. But we think you’ll find this to be a delight:

The Start of Week and Target by next Monday sections have been replaced by Activations this Week.

Rather than split the week’s target and start in two, Activations this Week will list the..*checks notes*...activations for this week for each datacenter. The general reminders about activations (listed below) will remain the same, but this should provide a more concise snapshot to determine whether you’ll be activated this week.

Thank you for always sharing your feedback about activations and all things Shadow! We look forward to hearing your feedback about this week’s updates and the changes made.

As a reminder:
-We activate Monday through Thursday

-Beginning at 8am local time each day for each datacenter

Below is the activation information by datacenter. You can check which datacenter you belong to here

CHICAGO:

Activations this week:

July 8th - July 21st 

If pre-order date is between July 21st - July 30th:

Activation in August 2020 (after July 8th - July 16th pre-orders)

If pre-order date is between July 30th or later:

Activation in October 2020

TEXAS:

Activations this week:
July 8th - July 23rd

If pre-order date is between July 23rd - July 30th:

Activation in August 2020 

If pre-order date is July 30th or later:

Activation in September 2020

NEW YORK:

Activations this week:

June 1st -  June 10th

If pre-order date is between June 10th - July 16th:

Activation in August 2020 (delayed from July 2020)

If pre-order date is between July 16th - July 22nd:

Activation in September 2020 (delayed from August 2020)

If pre-order date is between July 22nd - July 29th:

If pre-order date is between July 29th - July 30th:

Activation in November 2020

SANTA CLARA:

Activations this week:

July 21st - July 24th

If pre-order date is July 24th or later:

Activation in September 2020 (activating early)

PARIS:
Activations this week:

April 29th - May 3rd
If pre-order is between May 3rd - June 10th:
Activation in October 2020 (delayed from August/September 2020)*
If pre-order date is between June 10th - July 22nd:

Activation in October 2020 (after May 3rd - June 10th pre-orders)

If pre-order is between July 22nd - July 30th

Activation in December 2020

*October 2020 is the promised delivery date; activations will continue on a first-come, first-served basis through August/September, meaning some users will be activated ahead of October but all will be guaranteed by end of October 2020

AMSTERDAM:

Activations this week:
June 5th - June 11th

If pre-order date is between June 11th - July 1st:

Activation in August 2020 (delayed from July 2020)

If pre-order date is between July 1st to July 22nd:

Activation in August 2020 (after June 5th - July 1st pre-orders)

If pre-order date is July 22nd - July 29th:

If pre-order date is July 29th - July 30th:

To learn what “Activation” means and what it takes to activate your Shadow, check out this post:
https://forum.shadow.tech/activation-account-billing-31/activation-58

This topic has been closed for comments

101 replies

Userlevel 2

Finally! Been waiting all day for this :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

I can tell 😮 Thanks for the patience!

Hi! In the last activation update, I was in the area and date range of those impacted by a delay who were supposed to receive an email, but no email ever came. Is this any cause for concern?

Oh, I notice a slight acceleration for New York’s datacenter !

Last weeks, you were advancing 4-5 days per week, now it’s 10 days ! Happyface, my Shadow might come a week or two earlier than I thought :D

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi! In the last activation update, I was in the area and date range of those impacted by a delay who were supposed to receive an email, but no email ever came. Is this any cause for concern?

Thanks for letting me know! Please send me an email at Ryan@shadow.tech so we can investigate

Hello! I’m so excited for shadow activation. I preordered on the 23rd of July. Does that mean I will get it this week or later in August? The activation time period is vague for the 23rd of July preorders. My data center is in Texas.

Hi @RyanFromShadow,

My preorder date in June 11th for NY data center. From the update it seems I need to wait till next week. However my account does not list my order anymore and the subscription says  “Waiting activation”. Any clue? Any chance the activation might happen this week?

Why would a May 14th order date for Paris now be delayed until October? Are you not processing any more orders this after this week and into September???

Im not sure the dates are right?

Userlevel 2
Badge

@RyanFromShadow 
can you please read all of this, i just find it unfair, thank you

i understand that its hard to get everyone on track and to have everything the way its meant to go but how come people have to wait until October after being told to wait until august?
i used to have my account with shadow last year and i only deactivated it for a short while not thinking i would have to wait a year until i got it back. i fined it a bit unfair. is there no way to get people that had shadow before all of this happened. i was expecting it this august and was super exited about this and now i have kinda lost all hope on shadow even tho its the best cloud streaming thing on any device

Why would a May 14th order date for Paris. Ow be delayed until October? Are you not processing any more orders this after this week and into September???

I’ve also received no email in reference to a delay. Really hope it’s not. Paris is so slow to begin with. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Why would a May 14th order date for Paris. Ow be delayed until October? Are you not processing any more orders this after this week and into September???

Great question! We will be processing pre-orders from now through September and on. We shifted the promised delivery timeline to October to better set expectations. 

Great question! We will be processing pre-orders from now through September and on. We shifted the promised delivery timeline to October to better set expectations. 

Thanks @RyanFromShadow 

Id maybe change the wording then as the above makes it sound a lot worse than it hopefully is. 👍

That’s so confusing tho...a log of people on Paris dc are are going to assume like you have stopped activations until October. Personally I’d rather be told the real expectation rather than this. 

thanks

Zee

Nice - having ordered on June 11th from Germany, my Boost will be activated on the last day of my vacation.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@RyanFromShadow 

can you please read all of this, i just find it unfair, thank you

i understand that its hard to get everyone on track and to have everything the way its meant to go but how come people have to wait until October after being told to wait until august?
i used to have my account with shadow last year and i only deactivated it for a short while not thinking i would have to wait a year until i got it back. i fined it a bit unfair. is there no way to get people that had shadow before all of this happened. i was expecting it this august and was super exited about this and now i have kinda lost all hope on shadow even tho its the best cloud streaming thing on any device

So i got a bit confused about the activation's  for Paris since it says that the activations this week are 29th April and May 3rd but right underneath that it also say people who pre-ordered  from May 3rd to June 10th get activated around october.

I’m so relieved to know they won’t stop activating on the Paris DC until October… My preorder date is May 9th so I should get it in more or less 2 weeks. In the middle of my vacation time then, not too bad !

Activation scheduled for this week! I can’t wait!! 😁

Activation scheduled for this week! I can’t wait!! 😁

Is your order page now not showing anything and the subscription page “waiting activiation”?

Me too!! I’m working from home and got slammed the last few hours of my shift but I’ve been refreshing this page on my personal laptop most of the day lol!!

Oh, I notice a slight acceleration for New York’s datacenter !

Last weeks, you were advancing 4-5 days per week, now it’s 10 days ! Happyface, my Shadow might come a week or two earlier than I thought :D

Also NY here!! I’m stoked!

Userlevel 2
Badge

So Paris is delayed yet again.

How many activations do you actually do a week for Paris and how many are outstanding until 24th May.I think  a bit of transparancey here would be nice.

New York pre-order date is between June 10th - July 16th

So we wait another month ok next month I'm going to be ready to wait another month

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Based on feedback and to help clarify things for our Paris datacenter, we’ve added a note to the, “Pre-orders between May 3rd - June 10th” section: 

*October 2020 is the promised delivery date; activations will continue on a first-come, first-served basis through August/September, meaning some users will be activated ahead of October but all will be guaranteed by end of October 2020

Tweaks will be made for next week to better include this feedback in the update!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Based on feedback and to help clarify things for our Paris datacenter, we’ve added a note to the, “Pre-orders between May 3rd - June 10th” section: 

*October 2020 is the promised delivery date; activations will continue on a first-come, first-served basis through August/September, meaning some users will be activated ahead of October but all will be guaranteed by end of October 2020

Tweaks will be made for next week to better include this feedback in the update!

Thank you for making it clearer, I obviously didn't understand what it meant. I do understand it's not an easy job. Thank you for your time

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Thank you for making it clearer, I obviously didn't understand what it meant. I do understand it's not an easy job. Thank you for your time

No worries, we’re happy to make the changes whenever we can if it means things are clearer for you! Take care :D