News

08/03 Weekly Post: Shadow Boost Activation Update

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

101 replies

Hello, any news for Germany datacenter activations? 

Wird mein Shadow nächste Woche aktiviert werden  wenn ich am 17. Juni für Amsterdam vorbestellt habe?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hello, any news for Germany datacenter activations? 

That would be Amsterdam… That’s where German users connect. 

Userlevel 2

For Amsterdam: May I ask how you plan to fulfill the promise that July 1st to July 22nd Activations will happen in August, when you only activate a week worth of Configs every week? That sounds like something that can’t possibly work out the way you imagine it. September sounds a lot more realistic.

Secondly: Is there any good reason why you don’t activate on fridays? Like, as it seems to me you have a giant backlog of work to do here, so you’d probably need the extra day.

I already told your support, but I want to repeat: You’re currently making a really bad first impression on me. Like, this “We’ll take your money first but we can’t predict when you’ll get the product” is usually something that scams do, so you can probably imagine that I start to grow a little sceptical of your service.

for amsterdam do you think ill be activated next week? i ordered 23 of june

Hey #TeamShadow,

AMSTERDAM:

Activations this week:
June 5th - June 11th

If pre-order date is between June 11th - July 1st:

Activation in August 2020 (delayed from July 2020)

​​​​

i orderes 23 of june, so ill be activated next week?

Hi I ordered on May 7 and you say that it could now be October, depending on first come, first served basis. What does that mean?

For Amsterdam: May I ask how you plan to fulfill the promise that July 1st to July 22nd Activations will happen in August, when you only activate a week worth of Configs every week? That sounds like something that can’t possibly work out the way you imagine it. September sounds a lot more realistic.

Secondly: Is there any good reason why you don’t activate on fridays? Like, as it seems to me you have a giant backlog of work to do here, so you’d probably need the extra day.

I already told your support, but I want to repeat: You’re currently making a really bad first impression on me. Like, this “We’ll take your money first but we can’t predict when you’ll get the product” is usually something that scams do, so you can probably imagine that I start to grow a little sceptical of your service.

I also wouldn't expect July orders to be activated in August unless there has been a slow down of orders for this datacenter or they are somehow able to activate at a faster rate than what they could for the last month or so.

Regarding only activating Mon-Thu, I suppose they don't want to activate right before the weekend in case of problems, as there will mostly be fewer people on call to solve issues. 

Userlevel 2

Regarding only activating Mon-Thu, I suppose they don't want to activate right before the weekend in case of problems, as there will mostly be fewer people on call to solve issues. 

I mean, that would be understandable, although I’d say that this would be neglectable under current circumstances. But it’s reasonable to do it this way.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi I ordered on May 7 and you say that it could now be October, depending on first come, first served basis. What does that mean?

It just means that from 3rd May - 22nd July will be done by end of October. But will continue throughout August and September also. So if 3rd May is done this week.. 7th May won’t be too far off :)

Userlevel 1
Badge

in a month, in Amsterdam, I will be high on a cloud thanks to Shadow. Woohoo

Userlevel 1
Badge

Wird mein Shadow nächste Woche aktiviert werden  wenn ich am 17. Juni für Amsterdam vorbestellt habe?

Diese Woche wird vom 5. bis zum 11. aktiviert. Wenn du am 17. vorbestellt hast dann kannst du mit viel Glück nächste Woche dabei sein, aber es hängt ja auch immer davon ab wie viele da gerade bestellt haben. Kurz gesagt, möglich, aber es kann auch noch zwei Wochen dauern. Auf alle Fälle is deine Shadow bald bezugsfertig und du kannst loszocken :)

Grüße aus Bayern

Any information on German datacenter activation ?

Wenn ich am 23. Juni in Amsterdam eine Vorbestellung gemacht habe, wenn Sie glauben, dass sie diese aktivieren wird
Userlevel 2
Wenn ich am 23. Juni in Amsterdam eine Vorbestellung gemacht habe, wenn Sie glauben, dass sie diese aktivieren wird

probably within the next 14 days, i guess.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Diese Woche wird vom 5. Juni bis zum 11. Juni aktiviert. Wenn du am 23. Juni vorbestellt hast dann kannst du mit viel Glück übernächste Woche dabei sein, aber es hängt ja auch immer davon ab wie viele da gerade bestellt haben. Kurz gesagt, möglich, aber es kann auch noch drei Wochen dauern. Auf alle Fälle is deine Shadow bald bezugsfertig und du kannst loszocken :)

Grüße aus Bayern

I ordered 6th May in UK. I guess my data center is Paris?

Does this mean even though it says August for me, it will actually be October…?

Thanks

Hello Hello,

quick question: Since there is no datacenter in Germany, which one is the one for me to look at?

Paris / Amsterdam? 

PS: Ordered 3rd of July.

BR :)

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks

Unforunately this is seems to be the case here. They will activate as fast as they can but it can take up to October for customers within Paris datacenter. (in the post they say Activation in October 2020 (delayed from August/September 2020)* )

But since you preordered on May 6th and they do first come first serve you will be one of the first in row for activation.

Best

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello Hello,

quick question: Since there is no datacenter in Germany, which one is the one for me to look at?

Paris / Amsterdam? 

Ahoi,

Das Rechenzentrum für Deutschland ist das in Amsterdam, also ist das für dich entscheidend.

Diese Woche wird vom 5. Juni bis zum 11. Juni aktiviert. Wenn du am 3. Juli vorbestellt hast dann kannst du mit viel Glück in drei Woche dabei sein, aber es hängt ja auch immer davon ab wie viele da gerade bestellt haben. Kurz gesagt, möglich, aber es kann auch noch bischen dauern. Auf alle Fälle is deine Shadow bald bezugsfertig und du kannst loszocken :)

Grüße aus Bayern

French company yet you have more data centres in America than Europe, that makes great sense..…

Yet above everything you are also taking forever to activate people in the FRANCE server. 

American's are getting activated within a month or even weeks. 

Shoddy company, I'm cancelling my order

If pre-order date is between June 10th - July 16th:

Activation in August 2020 (delayed from July 2020)”

I hate to say this but this is incorrect. Despite having pre-ordered on July 12th, I just received an email from Shadow saying: “we think that we will be able to give you access to your Shadow in September.” >:(

Given this post was updated 17 hours ago, you really should have your stories straight.

Disappointed :pensive:

Not really sure what else to say…  but there’s a big difference between pre-ordering in early June for August, and getting that extended to the end of October.

Hello Hello,

Paris / Amsterdam? 

Ahoi,

Das Rechenzentrum für Deutschland ist das in Amsterdam, also ist das für dich entscheidend.

Diese Woche wird vom 5. Juni bis zum 11. Juni aktiviert. Wenn du am 3. Juli vorbestellt hast dann kannst du mit viel Glück in drei Woche dabei sein, aber es hängt ja auch immer davon ab wie viele da gerade bestellt haben. Kurz gesagt, möglich, aber es kann auch noch bischen dauern. Auf alle Fälle is deine Shadow bald bezugsfertig und du kannst loszocken :)

Grüße aus Bayern

Danke für die Antwort :)

Grüße in den Süden.

LG

Thanks

Unforunately this is seems to be the case here. They will activate as fast as they can but it can take up to October for customers within Paris datacenter. (in the post they say Activation in October 2020 (delayed from August/September 2020)* )

But since you preordered on May 6th and they do first come first serve you will be one of the first in row for activation.

Best

Ah ok I understand, thanks for your help mate!