News

08/03 Weekly Post: Shadow Boost Activation Update

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

101 replies

hello all of you are marvelous (the members of this community) thanks

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello, any news for Germany datacenter activations? 

Ahoi,

Das Rechenzentrum für Deutschland ist das in Amsterdam, also ist das für dich entscheidend.

Diese Woche wird vom 5. Juni bis zum 11. Juni aktiviert. Je nach dem wann du vorbestellt hast  kannst du dabei sein, aber es hängt ja auch immer davon ab wie viele da gerade bestellt haben.

• Aktivierungen diese Woche: 5. Juni - 11. Juni
  • Wenn das Vorbestelldatum zwischen dem 11. Juni und dem 1. Juli liegt:
    • Aktivierung im August 2020 (verzögert ab Juli 2020)
  • Wenn das Vorbestelldatum zwischen dem 1. Juli und dem 22. Juli liegt:
    • Aktivierung im August 2020 (nach dem 5. Juni - 1. Juli Vorbestellungen)
  • Wenn das Vorbestelldatum der 22. Juli - 29. Juli ist:
    • Aktivierung im September 2020
  • Wenn das Vorbestelldatum der 29. Juli - 30. Juli ist:
    • Aktivierung im Oktober 2020
  • Wenn das Vorbestelldatum der 30. Juli oder später ist:
    • Aktivierung im November 2020”

Auf alle Fälle viel Freude mit Shadow und fröhliches loszocken :)

Grüße aus Bayern

If my order page tells me it is out of orders, but I did it from 8 to 23, can I be sure it will be activated this week?  Server- Texas

when im going to see that in the subscription (when in going to be activated)

Hi all,

im very confused with my order.

I’m from Switzerland (German part) when I ordered it said activation will happen in August.

If I change to Switzerland (FR) it said activation will be in October/November.

So might it be the case that the German part of Switzerland will connect to Amsterdam Server and the French part to Paris server? Or was the activation date just simple shown wrong for my order.

What is now actually my activation date?

Thank you for all your help. 

@RyanFromShadow 
can you please read all of this, i just find it unfair, thank you

i understand that its hard to get everyone on track and to have everything the way its meant to go but how come people have to wait until October after being told to wait until august?
i used to have my account with shadow last year and i only deactivated it for a short while not thinking i would have to wait a year until i got it back. i fined it a bit unfair. is there no way to get people that had shadow before all of this happened. i was expecting it this august and was super exited about this and now i have kinda lost all hope on shadow even tho its the best cloud streaming thing on any device

I'm in exactly the same situation.

Hi Ryan,

I don’t mean this in a rude way, I just suck with words… I get that there are delays and all and I understand why. My activation date started in July, then got pushed to August which I’m fine with. Yesterdays activation post (8/3/2020) shows July 11th orders to be activated in August, which I expected but then today I get an email saying that I now have to wait until September sometime. Is the email accurate or is your post from yesterday accurate? I’m just trying to figure out why I would hear two different months within 24 hours.

Hi @RyanFromShadow,

My preorder date in June 11th for NY data center. From the update it seems I need to wait till next week. However my account does not list my order anymore and the subscription says  “Waiting activation”. Any clue? Any chance the activation might happen this week?

@RyanFromShadow - any comments on this?

Userlevel 2

Why don’t you just put some of us from UK on the Amsterdam DC. To wait from beginning of May to August seemed long enough, to be told it could be October is disappointing.

I would like to order extra storage and did fill out a request to go in Infinite, however I suspect that will not be realised for a couple of years if this is what we are to expect.

As others have said, you’re expanding in the US and us folks on the Paris data centre on your home turf are left waiting. I’ve stopped joining your twitch updates as I literally get nothing out of them whatsoever.

Why don’t you just put some of us from UK on the Amsterdam DC. To wait from beginning of May to August seemed long enough, to be told it could be October is disappointing.

I would like to order extra storage and did fill out a request to go in Infinite, however I suspect that will not be realised for a couple of years if this is what we are to expect.

As others have said, you’re expanding in the US and us folks on the Paris data centre on your home turf are left waiting. I’ve stopped joining your twitch updates as I literally get nothing out of them whatsoever.

I second this, a reallocation of resources, staff and/or hardware is another possibility to clear though the backlog in Paris - I ordered in May, with the expectation of accessing Shadow in August, I’ve monitored the weekly updates and have adjusted my expectations from the beginning of the month to the end. However this week’s update came out of the blue, a two month delay with the reassurance that activations will be on a first come first serve basis (how were allocations being assigned previously?!?!?). Given that there is such a long delay to the Paris data centre, please can you provide a more accurate expectation of dates over longer timescales ie by the end of the month activation of XX date. 

Userlevel 2

I second this, a reallocation of resources, staff and/or hardware is another possibility to clear though the backlog in Paris - I ordered in May, with the expectation of accessing Shadow in August, I’ve monitored the weekly updates and have adjusted my expectations from the beginning of the month to the end. However this week’s update came out of the blue, a two month delay with the reassurance that activations will be on a first come first serve basis (how were allocations being assigned previously?!?!?). Given that there is such a long delay to the Paris data centre, please can you provide a more accurate expectation of dates over longer timescales ie by the end of the month activation of XX date. 

My order date is 5th May, so am (as patiently as possible) waiting for it to go sometime in the next three weeks. That said, with Paris struggling so much, I think I’d rather opt for Netherlands as it’s clearly not as over-subscribed. Last thing I want is to end up in a 12 month agreement for something that is buggy and not have the chance of getting on to an elite plan.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Just got an email saying they think they might be able to give me access in October this is not what is being said here so which is correct I am in the UK so should be Paris server if they are doing early May now why would end of May be October and why are they still taking pre orders when they can't supply the current orders.

Userlevel 2

Just got an email saying they think they might be able to give me access in October this is not what is being said here so which is correct I am in the UK so should be Paris server if they are doing early May now why would end of May be October and why are they still taking pre orders when they can't supply the current orders.

What they are saying, in the unclearest way possible, is that this week they are carrying out activations in the Paris data centre for orders placed April 29th - May 3rd.

For orders that were placed between May 3rd - June 10th, these orders will be processed in the order they were placed, in the following weeks, months. They ‘guarantee’ that all of these orders will be live by the end of October.

The activations take place weekdays Mon-Thurs. So would expect that if you ordered early May, you should see your activate over the coming weeks, however there are no guarantees other than ‘by the end of October 2020’. Without knowing capacity and number of orders waiting, we have no idea what to expect and can only hope that we will activate sooner rather than later, as later is quite some time away.

What’s really annoying is that as far as I know at the time I placed my order, extra storage was available to order, however you cannot order it until you are live and now they have delays with that too. Which is pretty rubbish, as 256GB is effectively 2 games installed at a time for many modern games.

As for the email you received, who knows, as there’s reports of what they’re posting here and what people are seeing on emails and in their accounts that simply do not match up. 

Userlevel 2

The least they could do is offer us the ability to order extra storage, even if it isn’t available at activation. At this point in time there are three delayed lists to wait on.

1. Activation of Boost
  2. Ordering extra storage
  3. Wait list for Ultimate or Elite

2 would be mitigated by 3.

If there was another provider, I would have probably gone elsewhere by now, however this appears to be the best option in the marketplace, despite the delays, poor information and unwillingness to engage on Twitch streams - where they simply point you to the forum to get your low quality information updates.

Userlevel 2
Badge

The language of the email didn't guarantee October just they hoped where do they guarantee it.I agree 256gb isn't much use.The whole point is to play better games at a higher spec.I was curious about it .

Userlevel 2

The language of the email didn't guarantee October just they hoped where do they guarantee it.I agree 256gb isn't much use.The whole point is to play better games at a higher spec.I was curious about it .

IN the OP….

*October 2020 is the promised delivery date; activations will continue on a first-come, first-served basis through August/September, meaning some users will be activated ahead of October but all will be guaranteed by end of October 2020.

That’s a promise and a guarantee all in one sentence. 

I ordered mine on may 27th and mine hasn’t been activated yet:( 

What does “Activiations thie Week” mean?

Did it mean that they activiate all the pre orders that have made on these Days?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Like I say the email didn't say anything of the sort. Anyway time will tell if its true or not 

Very excited to get my shadow activated, only ordered today tho, any chance it could be activated earlier?

( Paris dc )

I hope my account get activated this week. Been waiting for more than a month.

What datacenter was that on? I really wish mine could be quicker ahah

jajajajja

What time in the day do you stop activating accounts.

Hi @RyanFromShadow, I understand that there is a serious delay on the delivery of the new Shadow Boost activations for various users, and I do say fair play to you all for putting in as much effort as possible to get all the updates out

I already have the original Shadow and I am really looked forward to getting the Infinite upgrade for a much better experience, but in terms of Shadow Infinite which I preordered last October when first announced, and is now being suggested that it will upgrade next year, am I to believe there is an earlier release? 

Also in terms of my current Shadow experience, I'm having some form of issues with Shadow in terms of the display settings, it continues to go to the lowest resolution every time I log in or restart my SHADOW, is there a glitch in the system?  Thanks again