News

08/03 Weekly Post: Shadow Boost Activation Update

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

101 replies

Hello !My question would be if I can get some kind of compensation for the delay ex: 1 month will be waived or I can increase the storage space for free. And the payment date can be changed later.
Hello !My question would be if I can get some kind of compensation for the delay ex: 1 month will be waived or I can increase the storage space for free. And the payment date can be changed later.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Im sorry but they have a call list to do and could easily tell you where you are in it but choose to ignore everyone. You have zero chance Shadow is the worst company I have ever ever dealt with why are they not shamed more for their extremely poor work practice. Everyone needs to report them for holding onto everyone's money and report to Watchdog so they can embarrass them

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Im sorry but they have a call list to do and could easily tell you where you are in it but choose to ignore everyone. You have zero chance Shadow is the worst company I have ever ever dealt with why are they not shamed more for their extremely poor work practice. Everyone needs to report them for holding onto everyone's money and report to Watchdog so they can embarrass them

shadow is doing all what they can but they can do more work

Userlevel 2

I don’t think that they’re actually in a situation where they can give anyone anything for free. As it seems to me they’re operating on a financial edge, as they only buy hardware if it’s needed (otherwise the activation queue really can’t be explained). I find that understandable.

What bothers me is that if you look up earlier activation posts, you’ll find out that this is apparently going on like this for months know. And I’m torn between finding this understandable because Covid struck us all unexpectedly and it makes everything more complicated, and thinking that this is a sign of mismanagement, because they had months to react to this now. I feel like they should’ve at least given more reasonable promises to begin with. Like, it seems to me that August was already utopic at the beginning of July.

And now they’re promising new customers to be activated in November, but apparently have a backlog til October, so the new orders will pile up til november. This is troublesome. This is bad for the employees. It’s bad for the customers. It’s bad for poor Ryan who has to communicate this to us. Like, at this point, if I were the company, I would stop communicating specific time frames for activation, and skip to a “We’re really fucking busy right now, you can join the queue, but it will be done when it’s done, sorry.” approach. Because this is getting ridiculous. Because the way this is handled right now is just making everyone angry.

I just hope that all the waiting will eventually be worth it.

Hello. Anybody else getting the We were unable to retrieve your pre order information, please try again later  message at the bottom of the page when accessing ”My Orders” ?

*Me who ordered on July 29th on Chicago Server, making the final cut in August* 

Hello. Anybody else getting the We were unable to retrieve your pre order information, please try again later  message at the bottom of the page when accessing ”My Orders” ?

Yes the whole two months so far

Userlevel 2

I actually had a quick email exchange with support about this. Apparently it’s nothing to worry about. Your order is probably fine.

Userlevel 1
Badge

When will ghost be back in stock it's nice to know there are more delays in Paris and I won't get it soon may 10th pre order but without ghost I have nothing to use shadow on at the moment. Except my phone which is too small to game on properly.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I hope my account get activated this week. Been waiting for more than a month.

I've been waiting 3 months. Hope it comes soon 

Yayyy - finally on the last day of weekly activation - and one week ahead of schedule for NY!! 

@Addik47 Hope your’s is activated too - my guess was correct it seems!! :sunglasses:

Hey @RyanFromShadow I ordered my shadow on June 30th from the New York data center should I expect my shadow to be delivered next week or the week after?

Amsterdam DC so next week there gonna do 

June 11th-1thjuly than 1thjuly-22thjuly or🙄

Userlevel 1
Badge

When will ghost be back in stock it's nice to know there are more delays in Paris and I won't get it soon may 10th pre order but without ghost I have nothing to use shadow on at the moment. Except my phone which is too small to game on properly.

Hi,

you could consider a nVidia Shield Pro (https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/shield/shield-tv-pro/ ), it has two USB 3.0 Ports, Ethernet, a capable processor, integrated Mediaserver and you can use it for your other streaming services aswell.

Hi to everyone, I ordered my Shadow on 13th of June. So this week will be activated accounts which was ordered between on 5th - 11th of June. So when I ordered it on 13th of June so my account will be activated in next week??

I just found this forum post after contacting support. I ordered on the 8th of May and I’m from London, so I’m going to assume I’m going to be assigned to Paris, that means that I “might” get access in October. So that’s a total of 7 full months of wait time. Already waited 4, what’s another 3?

I actually had a quick email exchange with support about this. Apparently it’s nothing to worry about. Your order is probably fine.

Thank you! I feel better now. 

I just found this forum post after contacting support. I ordered on the 8th of May and I’m from London, so I’m going to assume I’m going to be assigned to Paris, that means that I “might” get access in October. So that’s a total of 7 full months of wait time. Already waited 4, what’s another 3?

No you're guaranteed to get it by October. 

Given that on Thursday they activated May 3rd, May 4th should be activated this coming Monday (fingers crossed I ordered on may 4th). Therefore next Thursday would be May 7th so I reckon yours May 8th should be activated the Monday after which is 17th Aug. 

Hi, if my shadow is activated next week but my order on https://account.shadow.tech is still the same place for two months now, should it be in [ My Orders ]?

Apologies if I misunderstand something from this, but I just pre-ordered this today. What I’m getting is that I need to wait until October so I am able to activate the software?

Apologies if I misunderstand something from this, but I just pre-ordered this today. What I’m getting is that I need to wait until October so I am able to activate the software?

I expect you will be pushed back to 2021 the rate this is going delays etc. Just wait and forget about it like a China package you order then one day months later it arrives in this case expect many many months instead

So….. around which time does this week’s post go live? :smile_cat:

I’m also waiting for it.

I’m also waiting for it.

i do believe last week it must have been around 23-00 thry posted it, so it will come just be patient! :) 

@RyanFromShadow Hi, I have my preorder date on July 13th for New York Datacenter, but I recieved an email that my shadow activation will be delayed to September. Is that correct ?

Thank you.