News

08/03 Weekly Post: Shadow Boost Activation Update

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hey #TeamShadow,

Welcome to this week’s activation update!

Last week, we confirmed delays of varying degrees by datacenter, emailing the users unfortunately impacted by this delay with their updated delivery timeline.

You’ll find those updated timelines along with a few formatting changes below in today’s update.

“Formatting changes? Sounds boring.”

Typically, yes. But we think you’ll find this to be a delight:

The Start of Week and Target by next Monday sections have been replaced by Activations this Week.

Rather than split the week’s target and start in two, Activations this Week will list the..*checks notes*...activations for this week for each datacenter. The general reminders about activations (listed below) will remain the same, but this should provide a more concise snapshot to determine whether you’ll be activated this week.

Thank you for always sharing your feedback about activations and all things Shadow! We look forward to hearing your feedback about this week’s updates and the changes made.

As a reminder:
-We activate Monday through Thursday

-Beginning at 8am local time each day for each datacenter

Below is the activation information by datacenter. You can check which datacenter you belong to here

CHICAGO:

Activations this week:

July 8th - July 21st 

If pre-order date is between July 21st - July 30th:

Activation in August 2020 (after July 8th - July 16th pre-orders)

If pre-order date is between July 30th or later:

Activation in October 2020

TEXAS:

Activations this week:
July 8th - July 23rd

If pre-order date is between July 23rd - July 30th:

Activation in August 2020 

If pre-order date is July 30th or later:

Activation in September 2020

NEW YORK:

Activations this week:

June 1st -  June 10th

If pre-order date is between June 10th - July 16th:

Activation in August 2020 (delayed from July 2020)

If pre-order date is between July 16th - July 22nd:

Activation in September 2020 (delayed from August 2020)

If pre-order date is between July 22nd - July 29th:

If pre-order date is between July 29th - July 30th:

Activation in November 2020

SANTA CLARA:

Activations this week:

July 21st - July 24th

If pre-order date is July 24th or later:

Activation in September 2020 (activating early)

PARIS:
Activations this week:

April 29th - May 3rd
If pre-order is between May 3rd - June 10th:
Activation in October 2020 (delayed from August/September 2020)*
If pre-order date is between June 10th - July 22nd:

Activation in October 2020 (after May 3rd - June 10th pre-orders)

If pre-order is between July 22nd - July 30th

Activation in December 2020

*October 2020 is the promised delivery date; activations will continue on a first-come, first-served basis through August/September, meaning some users will be activated ahead of October but all will be guaranteed by end of October 2020

AMSTERDAM:

Activations this week:
June 5th - June 11th

If pre-order date is between June 11th - July 1st:

Activation in August 2020 (delayed from July 2020)

If pre-order date is between July 1st to July 22nd:

Activation in August 2020 (after June 5th - July 1st pre-orders)

If pre-order date is July 22nd - July 29th:

If pre-order date is July 29th - July 30th:

To learn what “Activation” means and what it takes to activate your Shadow, check out this post:
https://forum.shadow.tech/activation-account-billing-31/activation-58

This topic has been closed for comments

101 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Based on feedback and to help clarify things for our Paris datacenter, we’ve added a note to the, “Pre-orders between May 3rd - June 10th” section: 

*October 2020 is the promised delivery date; activations will continue on a first-come, first-served basis through August/September, meaning some users will be activated ahead of October but all will be guaranteed by end of October 2020

Tweaks will be made for next week to better include this feedback in the update!

Userlevel 2

Finally! Been waiting all day for this :)

Oh, I notice a slight acceleration for New York’s datacenter !

Last weeks, you were advancing 4-5 days per week, now it’s 10 days ! Happyface, my Shadow might come a week or two earlier than I thought :D

Userlevel 2
Badge

@RyanFromShadow 
can you please read all of this, i just find it unfair, thank you

i understand that its hard to get everyone on track and to have everything the way its meant to go but how come people have to wait until October after being told to wait until august?
i used to have my account with shadow last year and i only deactivated it for a short while not thinking i would have to wait a year until i got it back. i fined it a bit unfair. is there no way to get people that had shadow before all of this happened. i was expecting it this august and was super exited about this and now i have kinda lost all hope on shadow even tho its the best cloud streaming thing on any device

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Why would a May 14th order date for Paris. Ow be delayed until October? Are you not processing any more orders this after this week and into September???

Im not sure the dates are right?

Great question! We will be processing pre-orders from now through September and on. We shifted the promised delivery timeline to October to better set expectations. 

Why would a May 14th order date for Paris. Ow be delayed until October? Are you not processing any more orders this after this week and into September???

Great question! We will be processing pre-orders from now through September and on. We shifted the promised delivery timeline to October to better set expectations. 

That’s so confusing tho...a log of people on Paris dc are are going to assume like you have stopped activations until October. Personally I’d rather be told the real expectation rather than this. 

thanks

Zee

French company yet you have more data centres in America than Europe, that makes great sense..…

Yet above everything you are also taking forever to activate people in the FRANCE server. 

American's are getting activated within a month or even weeks. 

Shoddy company, I'm cancelling my order

Userlevel 2

Why don’t you just put some of us from UK on the Amsterdam DC. To wait from beginning of May to August seemed long enough, to be told it could be October is disappointing.

I would like to order extra storage and did fill out a request to go in Infinite, however I suspect that will not be realised for a couple of years if this is what we are to expect.

As others have said, you’re expanding in the US and us folks on the Paris data centre on your home turf are left waiting. I’ve stopped joining your twitch updates as I literally get nothing out of them whatsoever.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Finally! Been waiting all day for this :)

I can tell 😮 Thanks for the patience!

I’ve also received no email in reference to a delay. Really hope it’s not. Paris is so slow to begin with. 

Userlevel 2

For Amsterdam: May I ask how you plan to fulfill the promise that July 1st to July 22nd Activations will happen in August, when you only activate a week worth of Configs every week? That sounds like something that can’t possibly work out the way you imagine it. September sounds a lot more realistic.

Secondly: Is there any good reason why you don’t activate on fridays? Like, as it seems to me you have a giant backlog of work to do here, so you’d probably need the extra day.

I already told your support, but I want to repeat: You’re currently making a really bad first impression on me. Like, this “We’ll take your money first but we can’t predict when you’ll get the product” is usually something that scams do, so you can probably imagine that I start to grow a little sceptical of your service.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi I ordered on May 7 and you say that it could now be October, depending on first come, first served basis. What does that mean?

It just means that from 3rd May - 22nd July will be done by end of October. But will continue throughout August and September also. So if 3rd May is done this week.. 7th May won’t be too far off :)

Userlevel 1
Badge

in a month, in Amsterdam, I will be high on a cloud thanks to Shadow. Woohoo

Userlevel 1
Badge

I ordered 6th May in UK. I guess my data center is Paris?

Does this mean even though it says August for me, it will actually be October…?

Thanks

Unforunately this is seems to be the case here. They will activate as fast as they can but it can take up to October for customers within Paris datacenter. (in the post they say Activation in October 2020 (delayed from August/September 2020)* )

But since you preordered on May 6th and they do first come first serve you will be one of the first in row for activation.

Best

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello Hello,

quick question: Since there is no datacenter in Germany, which one is the one for me to look at?

Paris / Amsterdam? 

PS: Ordered 3rd of July.

BR :)

Ahoi,

Das Rechenzentrum für Deutschland ist das in Amsterdam, also ist das für dich entscheidend.

Diese Woche wird vom 5. Juni bis zum 11. Juni aktiviert. Wenn du am 3. Juli vorbestellt hast dann kannst du mit viel Glück in drei Woche dabei sein, aber es hängt ja auch immer davon ab wie viele da gerade bestellt haben. Kurz gesagt, möglich, aber es kann auch noch bischen dauern. Auf alle Fälle is deine Shadow bald bezugsfertig und du kannst loszocken :)

Grüße aus Bayern

Disappointed :pensive:

Not really sure what else to say…  but there’s a big difference between pre-ordering in early June for August, and getting that extended to the end of October.

hello all of you are marvelous (the members of this community) thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge

Just got an email saying they think they might be able to give me access in October this is not what is being said here so which is correct I am in the UK so should be Paris server if they are doing early May now why would end of May be October and why are they still taking pre orders when they can't supply the current orders.

Userlevel 2

The least they could do is offer us the ability to order extra storage, even if it isn’t available at activation. At this point in time there are three delayed lists to wait on.

1. Activation of Boost
  2. Ordering extra storage
  3. Wait list for Ultimate or Elite

2 would be mitigated by 3.

If there was another provider, I would have probably gone elsewhere by now, however this appears to be the best option in the marketplace, despite the delays, poor information and unwillingness to engage on Twitch streams - where they simply point you to the forum to get your low quality information updates.

Userlevel 2

I don’t think that they’re actually in a situation where they can give anyone anything for free. As it seems to me they’re operating on a financial edge, as they only buy hardware if it’s needed (otherwise the activation queue really can’t be explained). I find that understandable.

What bothers me is that if you look up earlier activation posts, you’ll find out that this is apparently going on like this for months know. And I’m torn between finding this understandable because Covid struck us all unexpectedly and it makes everything more complicated, and thinking that this is a sign of mismanagement, because they had months to react to this now. I feel like they should’ve at least given more reasonable promises to begin with. Like, it seems to me that August was already utopic at the beginning of July.

And now they’re promising new customers to be activated in November, but apparently have a backlog til October, so the new orders will pile up til november. This is troublesome. This is bad for the employees. It’s bad for the customers. It’s bad for poor Ryan who has to communicate this to us. Like, at this point, if I were the company, I would stop communicating specific time frames for activation, and skip to a “We’re really fucking busy right now, you can join the queue, but it will be done when it’s done, sorry.” approach. Because this is getting ridiculous. Because the way this is handled right now is just making everyone angry.

I just hope that all the waiting will eventually be worth it.

Hello. Anybody else getting the We were unable to retrieve your pre order information, please try again later  message at the bottom of the page when accessing ”My Orders” ?

*Me who ordered on July 29th on Chicago Server, making the final cut in August* 

Userlevel 2

Hello. Anybody else getting the We were unable to retrieve your pre order information, please try again later  message at the bottom of the page when accessing ”My Orders” ?

I actually had a quick email exchange with support about this. Apparently it’s nothing to worry about. Your order is probably fine.

So….. around which time does this week’s post go live? :smile_cat:

So….. around which time does this week’s post go live? :smile_cat:

I’m also waiting for it.

i do believe last week it must have been around 23-00 thry posted it, so it will come just be patient! :)