News

08/10 Weekly Post: Shadow Boost Activation Update

• 10 August 2020
  • 52 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hey #TeamShadow,

Welcome to the weekly activation update!

This week we’ve made another change to the update’s formatting. Specifically, we've changed the wording in these updates from “Activation in <Month Year>” to now, “Activation by end of <Month Year>”. This should help clarify that you will receive access to your Shadow by the end of the month promised, and that we are not waiting until the month promised to you to activate your Shadow.

As noted in the comments and general feedback from last week, we had some unfortunate shuffling with the information for our Paris datacenter. We’ve clarified below that users who pre-ordered for Paris on or before May 13th were not impacted by the previously communicated delay, and so shouldn’t have received an email when they were sent.  

Amsterdam is making headway catching up on delayed activations, and Chicago is steadily moving along but working through a spike in volume of pre-orders on July 22nd (details below).

Thank you for your continued patience as you wait for your Shadow!

As a reminder:
-We activate Monday through Thursday

-Beginning at 8am local time each day for each datacenter

Below is the activation information by datacenter. You can check which datacenter you belong to here

CHICAGO:

Activations this week:

July 21st - July 21st* 

If pre-order date is between July 21st - July 30th:

Activation by end of August 2020 

If pre-order date is July 30th or later:

Activation by end of October 2020

*Due to the spike in volume of pre-orders on July 22nd, some but not all July 22nd pre-orders will be activated this week. We are communicating July 21st to not provide the wrong expectations for those July 22nd pre-orders that will not be activated this week.

TEXAS:

Activations this week:
July 23rd - July 30th

Activation by end of September 2020

NEW YORK:

Activations this week:

June 10th - June 16th

If pre-order date is between June 16th - July 22nd:

Activation by end of September 2020 (delayed from August 2020)

If pre-order date is between July 22nd - July 29th:

If pre-order date is between July 29th - July 30th:

Activation by end of November 2020

SANTA CLARA:

Activations this week:

July 24th - July 27th

If pre-order date is July 27th or later:

PARIS:
Activations this week:

May 3rd - May 5th
If pre-order is between May 5th - May 13th:
Activation by end of August 2020 (correction from last week)

If pre-order date is between May 14th - July 22nd:

Activation by end of October 2020 (after May 13rd - June 10th pre-orders)

If pre-order is between July 22nd - July 30th

Activation by end of December 2020

AMSTERDAM:

Activations this week:
June 11th - June 26th

If pre-order date is between June 26th - July 1st:

Activation by end of August 2020 (delayed from July 2020)

If pre-order date is between July 1st to July 22nd:

Activation by end of August 2020 (after June 26th - July 1st pre-orders)

If pre-order date is July 22nd - July 29th:

If pre-order date is July 29th - July 30th:

To learn what “Activation” means and what it takes to activate your Shadow, check out this post:
https://forum.shadow.tech/activation-account-billing-31/activation-58

52 replies

Yayy! First one to reply! Thanks @RyanFromShadow for activating NY ahead of schedule last week :-)

Ah! So July 29th (Chicago) would have to wait till almost the very end of August! July 22nd, the LTT Video Effect :rofl:

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Yayy! First one to reply! Thanks @RyanFromShadow for activating NY ahead of schedule last week :-)

Nice! Hope you’ve been having fun on your Shadow :)

Hurts to have my account say activation by September, but the reality is November according to this post. 

Jazzed though and looking forward to joining the community. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Ah! So July 29th (Chicago) would have to wait till almost the very end of August! July 22nd, the LTT Video Effect :rofl:

Hehe hopefully sooner than that. That’s a good name for it though :laughing:

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hurts to have my account say activation by September, but the reality is November according to this post. 

Currently the team is working on fixing bugs and improving communication with the account page, in tandem with our other efforts to improve activation communication. We’re shifting to have further out timelines that we aim to activate ahead of, which is why we encourage following these weekly updates to get the latest information!

Question, So I Pre-ordered my Shadow Boost July 22nd so does that mean I get Activated This Month or am I getting it next month.

Currently the team is working on fixing bugs and improving communication with the account page, in tandem with our other efforts to improve activation communication. We’re shifting to have further out timelines that we aim to activate ahead of, which is why we encourage following these weekly updates to get the latest information!

Thanks for the heads up. 

Sounds good to me… rather have a further estimate and an earlier activation than expected. Makes it all the more exciting when it does come about. 

Either way, I understand the delays and appreciate the communication and hard work your team is putting in. 

I’m excited to have my patience tested 😂

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Question, So I Pre-ordered my Shadow Boost July 22nd so does that mean I get Activated This Month or am I getting it next month.

Based on your profile info you’re located at the New York DC, and July 22nd pre-orders for NY have been delayed to September. 

“If pre-order date is between June 16th - July 22nd:

Activation by end of September 2020 (delayed from August 2020)”

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Thanks for the heads up. 

Sounds good to me… rather have a further estimate and an earlier activation than expected. Makes it all the more exciting when it does come about. 

Either way, I understand the delays and appreciate the communication and hard work your team is putting in. 

I’m excited to have my patience tested 😂

Haha well good luck on the test! We’re excited to have you joining #TeamShadow :)

So got delayed from July to August know delayed to the end of September, that’s crazy. I understand that COVID-19 had affected the activation process but I was hoping that by next week my subscription will be activated. Pre-ordered on June 27

For Chicago. What does July 21st-July 21st* mean? 

So 3 days for Paris and 15 days for Amsterdam they are not too far from each other so why not evenly distribute the activations between the two.its very disappointing that Paris is so far behind.

So got delayed from July to August know delayed to the end of September, that’s crazy. I understand that COVID-19 had affected the activation process but I was hoping that by next week my subscription will be activated. Pre-ordered on June 27

Yep I was wondering why did they not delay it..now I’m happy that they delayed it till the end of september… Thanks shadow.. btw I ordered mine on June 28. That’s a shame shadow…. then y’all be delaying it again to October or even November.. And why even trying to activate it just take the preorders and stay at your homes… and do nothing…. wowww thanks shadow thank you so much my summer vacation ends on September 8 and I will be getting mine by the second week of September so that I can’t play it… thank you so much shadow I really appreciate it…. Oh yes btw y’all can hire 2 or even 4 more community managers… just to have fun you know…. Oh and I forgot y’all can tie up with 10 or 12 more tech you tubers to advertise your product and you can send them your entire servers to them for reviewing so that more and more people would buy it… you know.. let me know if you want the list I know several tech you tubers like Linus who can do that stuff… so you know more and more people would preorder and our preorders would get delayed to like Jan 2021 you know… so just let me know if u need the list...If I forget any points just let me know...

Badge

It’s getting closer to my date, yay!

So 3 days for Paris and 15 days for Amsterdam they are not too far from each other so why not evenly distribute the activations between the two.its very disappointing that Paris is so far behind.

I second that. Paris really sucks. 

I have a question, If I got ordered my shadow boost on July 4th, does that mean I will get it at the end of September, early September, or near the end of August?

For Chicago. What does July 21st-July 21st* mean? 

Alright good talk.

Hello I pre-ordered Shadow Boost on July 30...im from California and was checking the status of the activation it says til October? Does it really take 2 months to get shadow activated?

Wooh! preorder june 18th! havent had a gaming computer in 2 years now, can't wait!!

Kann man eigentlich den PC wo Shadow läuft trotzdem weiter benutzen? 

Oh wow lots of activations going on in AMS this week.  Great to see that you are able to pick up speed there. Looking forward to hopefully being activated this week. 

Kann man eigentlich den PC wo Shadow läuft trotzdem weiter benutzen? 

Ja, man kann das Shadow-Fenster von Vollbild auf Fenster umstellen, bzw. verkleinern und anschließend mit dem eigentlichen PC weiterarbeiten

Badge

Yayy! First one to reply! Thanks @RyanFromShadow for activating NY ahead of schedule last week :-)

Congrats! I am very happy with my Shadow. Enjoy!

Userlevel 1

I’m a little disappointed. I kinda hoped that Amsterdam would get to the July Activations next week 😕 (Although I expected to be pushed back to september, sooooo yay I guess?)