News

08/10 Weekly Post: Shadow Boost Activation Update

• 10 August 2020
  • 52 replies

Show first post

52 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

For Chicago. What does July 21st-July 21st* mean? 

Hey Jollytapestry, it means,
“*Due to the spike in volume of pre-orders on July 22nd, some but not all July 22nd pre-orders will be activated this week. We are communicating July 21st to not provide the wrong expectations for those July 22nd pre-orders that will not be activated this week.”

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hello I pre-ordered Shadow Boost on July 30...im from California and was checking the status of the activation it says til October? Does it really take 2 months to get shadow activated?

Currently the activation time varies by datacenter, but each individual Shadow does not take months to build. We’ve shared some insights into the meaning of “Activation” in this post.

Due to a few recent unfortunate delays in Shadow Boost activations, we’ve switched to more conservative assessments for activation delivery dates.

Erf...order on May 21st for delivery in October :/

But still no maj in the Shadow panel...

for New York:

Activations this week:

June 10th - June 16th

Does that mean you are caught up to the 10th?  If I pre-ordered before the 10th and I wasn’t activated last week, then I was missed or there’s a problem?  I was so excited based on last week’s estimate … but now I’m concerned.

Hope Chicago gets connected so Missouri can start trying some fivem been waiting forever lol hope all is going well.

How long will it take to get my account activate cause when I bought it, It said September, now it say October and i don’t believe it will take that long since i live in California. 

Hello I pre-ordered Shadow Boost on July 30...im from California and was checking the status of the activation it says til October? Does it really take 2 months to get shadow activated?

Currently the activation time varies by datacenter, but each individual Shadow does not take months to build. We’ve shared some insights into the meaning of “Activation” in this post.

Due to a few recent unfortunate delays in Shadow Boost activations, we’ve switched to more conservative assessments for activation delivery dates.

Thank you! I hope to get it soon

Userlevel 1

So i pre order shadow boost in may 22 in paris datacenter, and now you are tellyng me is going to pushover 2 more months? (Probaly because is august, vacations and etc). I’m sorry but is a bit unceptable, we a understand when was the peak of COVID-19. But now…. You are doing 2 days of activation in one week. Something need to be wrong in Paris for such a big delay. Because one week was on track and now is 2 months late?????

I’m a little disappointed. I kinda hoped that Amsterdam would get to the July Activations next week 😕 (Although I expected to be pushed back to september, sooooo yay I guess?)

But they are getting to the July activations next week. They’ve done 15 days this week, so how wouldn’t they?

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

for New York:

Activations this week:

June 10th - June 16th

Does that mean you are caught up to the 10th?  If I pre-ordered before the 10th and I wasn’t activated last week, then I was missed or there’s a problem?  I was so excited based on last week’s estimate … but now I’m concerned.

Hey Sponge, yes if you’ve pre-ordered for the New York datacenter on a date that’s before June 10th (our starting point for this week at that datacenter), then please contact support via your account page so they can investigate.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

How long will it take to get my account activate cause when I bought it, It said September, now it say October and i don’t believe it will take that long since i live in California. 

We don’t have exact dates available but generally speaking California is one of our lowest activation wait times right now. We activate ahead of our promised delivery dates whenever we can, and have pushed to more conservative dates based on the unfortunate recent delays. 

June 10-16 activations this week, I preordered June 18.. 2 days after that cut off. Is it really gonna take untill (end of September) for 2 more days? Lol. Starting to grow impatient, I brought a lot of controllers to use with shadow back in July (my initial estimate) 

Why does it take so long :(

delayed from August to September and counting…. I guess before the end of 2020…. disappointing

We don’t have exact dates available but generally speaking California is one of our lowest activation wait times right now. We activate ahead of our promised delivery dates whenever we can, and have pushed to more conservative dates based on the unfortunate recent delays. 

California and NY and more with lowest activation :/

only 2 days for Paris, crazy...

Hi, I ordered my shadow on July 1st my data center is New York I was just wondering if my shadow would be activated any time in august?

My Paris May 7th pre-order is now activated!! So far so good!! Thanks toall at Shadow PC; this is the future of computing for many, including me!!!

Ordered 27th of June (Amsterdam) activated 2 days ago. So far very impressive worth the wait. Now need to wait till the extra storage is available again and looking forward. Any ideas when the storage will be available in Amsterdam to order again?

Does anyone have problem to login in their shadow? 

My shadow stops at about 80% when I start it and don’t continue to load. 

Does anyone else has these problems?

Userlevel 1
Badge

So I ordered mine on June 20th for the New York servers and so I’m assuming that my activation is next week, correct?

Userlevel 2

I'm sure that there is probably a very good reason behind it, but I am struggling to understand why the whole of the UK is assigned to the Paris DC, instead of being spread between Paris and Amsterdam? I mean, a lot of the UK is closer to Amsterdam than Paris and areas that aren't (for example me at 283 miles vs 325 miles), could stay on the Paris DC, or move over to Amsterdam for a minimal impact to performance, so spreading activation lead times. Sorry for moaning, but I am currently 1 month into a 4-5 month wait and don't see why it needs to be like that? 

Absolutely BS. I ordered on July 4th n y’all are doing July 22nd activations. That’s bull shit like straight bull shit. Take people’s money for what? I knew I should of just dropped the 800 on a new PC. 

Absolutely BS. I ordered on July 4th n y’all are doing July 22nd activations. That’s bull shit like straight bull shit. Take people’s money for what? I knew I should of just dropped the 800 on a new PC. 

You sure you’re looking at the right data center or picked the right one? Have you tried logging into your shadow client?

It don’t matter what I’m looking at. If I purchased on the 4th my order comes b4 some1 who ordered on the 22nd idgaf where they live.