News

09/01 Weekly Post: Shadow Boost Activation Update

• 1 September 2020
  • 47 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hey #TeamShadow,

Welcome to September!

In this week’s activation update, our Chicago, New York, and Texas datacenters are making some significant headway through the queue, nearly catching up in full on pre-orders originally promised August for New York.

For Paris, the team is focusing on stability improvements this week, and should resume activations next week. All this while Amsterdam moves steadily along to finish activating pre-orders promised August, similar to New York.

Thank you for your continued excitement and patience as you wait for your Shadow. We can’t wait till you get your hands on it!

As a reminder:
-We activate Monday through Thursday

-Beginning at 8am local time each day for each datacenter

Below is the activation information by datacenter. You can check which datacenter you belong to here

CHICAGO:

Activations this week:

July 24th - August 12th

If pre-order date is between August 12th - August 25th:

Activation by end of October 2020

If pre-order date is August 25th or later:

Activation by end of November 2020

TEXAS:

Activations this week:
July 30th - August 24th

If pre-order date is between August 24th - August 25th:

Activation by end of September 2020

NEW YORK:

Activations this week:

July 2nd - July 19th

If pre-order date is between July 19th - July 22nd:

Activation by end of September 2020 (delayed from August 2020)

If pre-order date is between July 22nd - July 29th:

If pre-order date is between July 29th - July 30th:

If pre-order date is between July 30th - August 20th:

If pre-order date is August 20th or later:

Activation by end of December 2020

SANTA CLARA:

Activations this week:

August 8th - August 14th

If pre-order date is between August 14th - August 25th:

PARIS:
Activations this week:

No activations this week, as the team is working on the datacenter’s stability

If pre-order date is between May 14th- July 22nd:

If pre-order is between July 22nd - July 30th

Activation by end of February 2021

AMSTERDAM:

Activations this week:
July 20th - July 22nd

If pre-order date is between July 22nd - July 29th:

If pre-order date is between July 29th - July 30th:

To learn what “Activation” means and what it takes to activate your Shadow, check out this post:
https://forum.shadow.tech/activation-account-billing-31/activation-58

47 replies

Hi! Is there a topic about the state of additional storage availability? I'm enjoying Shadow immensely but I've been itching for that expansion for a while now.

Userlevel 1
Badge

That is the biggest disappointment ever, one-day delayed :frowning2:

Pre-ordered on May 17th.

Last week: 

Activations this week:

May 8th - May 14th

This week:

No activations this week

:sob::sob::sob::sob:

Praying for next week🤞🏼 Good luck guys 😁

Userlevel 1

Such a big disappointment

“PARIS:
Activations this week:

No activations this week, as the team is working on the datacenter’s stability”

So  big the delay and now no ativatios for a whole week  

First off, I was activated today….Woohoo!  Wasn’t expecting that when I got up this morning.  Thanks for progressing so well through the cue for the Texas Datacenter.  I am so excited to give Shadow a try!

Secondly…..and this is more of a curiosity than anything else…...why were the orders after August 25th transitioned to an November date instead of October?  Are there some upgrades/downtimes we should be planning for in the future?   Seems Chicago (no September activations) and Santa Clara (similar to Texas) has some similar schedules as well.  Again…..just more of a curiosity.

Thanks, in advance, for your response!

CHICAGO:

Activations this week:

July 24th - August 12th

If pre-order date is between August 12th - August 25th:

TEXAS:

Activations this week:
July 30th - August 24th

If pre-order date is between August 24th - August 25th:

SANTA CLARA:

Activations this week:

August 8th - August 14th

If pre-order date is between August 14th - August 25th:

Awesome. I signed up Aug 15th and had a startup date of Sept. So going by the info above and I’m on the Texas servers I should be up and running sometime this week. I noticed my order on the shadow site has changed and now my ‘subscription is awaiting to be activated’.  :o)

Hi! Is there a topic about the state of additional storage availability? I'm enjoying Shadow immensely but I've been itching for that expansion for a while now.

@Credible_Joe Thanks for reaching out!  Unfortunately, we don’t have any further information to release about additional storage right now but rest assured that when we do have more available, we’ll be making an announcement!

Pre-ordered on May 17th.

Last week: 

Activations this week:

May 8th - May 14th

This week:

No activations this week

@LeRaphael and @SnezzyDwarf Thanks for your feedback!  We want to make sure that the Shadow experience remains stable for everyone who uses Shadow in the Paris data center which is why the team is taking this week to ensure that this is true before adding more users.  We appreciate your patience and understanding!

First off, I was activated today….Woohoo!  Wasn’t expecting that when I got up this morning.  Thanks for progressing so well through the cue for the Texas Datacenter.  I am so excited to give Shadow a try!

Secondly…..and this is more of a curiosity than anything else…...why were the orders after August 25th transitioned to an November date instead of October?  Are there some upgrades/downtimes we should be planning for in the future?   Seems Chicago (no September activations) and Santa Clara (similar to Texas) has some similar schedules as well.  Again…..just more of a curiosity.

Thanks, in advance, for your response!

@speedbal Woo!  Glad to hear that your Shadow’s been activated!  

I’ll quote what my colleague Ryan wrote before:
“As we are managing activation of pre-orders closely and that the details vary by datacenter, we promise activation by a specific time. The team does not wait until the promised time to deliver your Shadow; rather, the team works to avoid delays and activate ahead of time whenever we can.”

Even if orders are delayed, this does not mean that the data center itself will be down for existing users (unless there is planned or emergency maintenance being performed).  I hope that helps!

@Credible_Joe Thanks for reaching out!  Unfortunately, we don’t have any further information to release about additional storage right now but rest assured that when we do have more available, we’ll be making an announcement!

Hey Brittaney

I'm on the brink of activation, and I can't wait!

I was wondering when extra storage is available, it will be upgraded to SSD storage instead of HDD storage. I've seen complaints about the HDD storage being slow.

Hey Brittaney

I'm on the brink of activation, and I can't wait!

I was wondering when extra storage is available, it will be upgraded to SSD storage instead of HDD storage. I've seen complaints about the HDD storage being slow.

@r-ppkm Hey there, so any additional storage will be HDD.  You can find more information here.  If that changes, we’ll put something out about it :) 

So if I bought shadow today on Texas I wouldnt get it on the end of september? 

Yes after a month and a half I’m getting activated this week. It’s like waiting for Christmas 

So if I bought shadow today on Texas I wouldnt get it on the end of september? 

I think it means that you would get it by the end of November.

I was worried with the delay in the post yesterday and thought there might be more activation delays. I ordered on Aug 1st for Chicago data center and I am super happy that I am gonna get my shadow this week. You guys rock! The orders changed to subscription in my account. :fingers-crossed:

So you're saying if I'm an August 4th Chicago data center, I might be activated this week?!   You guys are the best!

Pre-ordered on May 17th.

Last week: 

Activations this week:

May 8th - May 14th

This week:

No activations this week

@LeRaphael and @SnezzyDwarf Thanks for your feedback!  We want to make sure that the Shadow experience remains stable for everyone who uses Shadow in the Paris data center which is why the team is taking this week to ensure that this is true before adding more users.  We appreciate your patience and understanding!

Are you resuming Paris activations next week or is this going to take more weeks to come? And when you resume, are you going to activate more users to catch up or just the regular weekly activations?

I would really appreciate a feedback on this

Thanks

“PARIS:
Activations this week:

It’s so stupid! At no point have they looked at the fact it’s over a 3 month wait and thought that they are absolutely taking the piss. 

Pre-ordered on May 17th.

Last week: 

Activations this week:

May 8th - May 14th

This week:

No activations this week

@LeRaphael and @SnezzyDwarf Thanks for your feedback!  We want to make sure that the Shadow experience remains stable for everyone who uses Shadow in the Paris data center which is why the team is taking this week to ensure that this is true before adding more users.  We appreciate your patience and understanding!

Are you resuming Paris activations next week or is this going to take more weeks to come? And when you resume, are you going to activate more users to catch up or just the regular weekly activations?

Thanks

When did we last get weekly activations? It’s been 1 or 2 (now 0!) days a week. The backlog is growing.

At this point, it would be quicker to draw a line under France and move the new activations to a country that has the skills to deliver like the Netherlands, UK or Germany. Maybe get some of the American guys in as they seem to be able to deliver ahead of schedule without having to take a break from the snail pace to ensure that their work is stable.

“PARIS:
Activations this week:

It’s so stupid! At no point have they looked at the fact it’s over a 3 month wait and thought that they are absolutely taking the piss. 

Every month late on delivery should be a free month when it’s finally delivered.

Pre-ordered on May 17th.

Last week: 

Activations this week:

May 8th - May 14th

This week:

No activations this week

Thanks

When did we last get weekly activations? It’s been 1 or 2 (now 0!) days a week. The backlog is growing.

At this point, it would be quicker to draw a line under France and move the new activations to a country that has the skills to deliver like the Netherlands, UK or Germany. Maybe get some of the American guys in as they seem to be able to deliver ahead of schedule without having to take a break from the snail pace to ensure that their work is stable.

Honestly I don't think there is any "work on datacenter stability" going on, I think it's just another excuse for a simple delay. They could've warned last week about this, but they didn't, and then they delayed the weekly update post for no reason. Terrible lack of transparency, I know everybody says the service is great and it's worth the wait, but this activation thing is a joke

7th June Paris server. Just cancelled so someone will get bumped up but then probably pushed back to December a week before activation. Crap company will never deal with them again but on the upside a GTX 3070 for less than £500 pay monthly and smash this crappy 1080 offering to death 12 gb ram who came up with that crap number.

Hi!

Will Shadow take advantage of the Nvidia series 3000 pricing? Not only are these cards cheaper than the previous generation ones, but making use of them would result in a remarkable perfomance increase.

By the way, my account was activated on monday. WOO! 

PARIS:
Activations this week:

No activations this week, as the team is working on the datacenter’s stability

Damm i ordered 15th of May 1 day late.

When are upgrade's gonna get active? What's the waitingtime for that? 

Very disappointed, ordered mine May 27th, every month I have to wait more and more. Now I have to wait october but I’m sure that it will be delayed again.

I'm a former french client who had quit it because of very bad support, I wanted give an other chance because techno is really good but...

I’m just waiting for Xcloud, if good and available before shadow's activation, bye bye.