News

09/08 Weekly Post: Shadow Boost Activation Update

• 8 September 2020
  • 28 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hey #TeamShadow,

Welcome to this week’s activation update!

This week activations are rolling along at a steady pace across all datacenters. There are no delays to announce, and orders originally promised August for New York should be fully activated this week.

Thank you for your patience as you wait for your Shadow! While you wait, we encourage you to take a moment and browse the forum to see the many topics the community is buzzing about. A good place to start is always with introducing yourself to #TeamShadow :)

As a reminder:
-We activate Monday through Thursday

-Beginning at 8am local time each day for each datacenter

Below is the activation information by datacenter. You can check which datacenter you belong to here

CHICAGO:

Activations this week:

August 12th - August 26th

If pre-order date is August 26th or later:

Activation by end of November 2020

TEXAS:

Activations this week:
August 24th - September 1st

If pre-order date is September 1st or later:

NEW YORK:

Activations this week:

July 19th - July 23rd

If pre-order date is between July 23rd - July 29th:
Activation by end of September 2020

If pre-order date is between July 29th - July 30th:
Activation by end of October 2020

If pre-order date is between July 30th - August 20th:

If pre-order date is August 20th or later:

Activation by end of December 2020

SANTA CLARA:

Activations this week:

August 14th - August 22nd

If pre-order date is between August 22nd - August 25th:

If pre-order date is August 25th or later:

PARIS:
Activations this week:

May 14th - May 20th

If pre-order date is between May 20th - July 22nd:

If pre-order is between July 22nd - July 30th

Activation by end of February 2021

AMSTERDAM:

Activations this week:
July 22nd - July 24th

If pre-order date is between July 24th - July 29th:

If pre-order date is between July 29th - July 30th:

To learn what “Activation” means and what it takes to activate your Shadow, check out this post:
https://forum.shadow.tech/activation-account-billing-31/activation-58

28 replies

Badge

Good thing that Paris activations are starting again and seem to be picking up faster!

Badge

May 23rd squad for Paris be like

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

May 23rd squad for Paris be like

Almost there!

When it's will ready?Germany September.

Badge

May 21st squad for Paris... You sure you don't fancy activating one more day? Someone must fancy some overtime 😂

Userlevel 1

may 22 almost there Paris. Are you sure the squad can do more two days?  i will buy for you a big glass of ale :P 

Userlevel 2

@RyanFromShadow Thanks for the update, I hope you had a nice long weekend! Just to point out that this is not pinned, I almost missed the good news of the Paris server getting up to 7 days worth of activations this week! 

All the best! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Chandoraa Stickied now 🙂 Thanks for catching that.

may 22 almost there Paris. Are you sure the squad can do more two days?  i will buy for you a big glass of ale :P 

Yeah same here 🙂 Never know, could end up finishing the current activations quick enough to do a few of 21st/22nd. If not looks like we will be activated next week.

bonjour, vue que j’ai précommander mon Shadow Ultra le 29 octobre 2019 je n’est malheureusement reçu aucun mail est que c’est normal ? 

Cordialement 

Userlevel 2

bonjour, vue que j’ai précommander mon Shadow Ultra le 29 octobre 2019 je n’est malheureusement reçu aucun mail est que c’est normal ? 

Cordialement 

D'après ce que je comprends, les activations de Shadow Infinite et Ultra ont été suspendues jusqu'à l'année prochaine, je suppose en raison de covid.

I've been waiting for my shadow more than 5 days. I have been feeling disappointed with the wait. I literally purchase it last weekend and still nothing. There is no customer support online. I can't even email or anything . However help out because I do wanna use shadow. My email is <redacted due to personal information>        ----- please help out .

I've been waiting for my shadow more than 5 days. I have been feeling disappointed with the wait. I literally purchase it last weekend and still nothing. There is no customer support online. I can't even email or anything . However help out because I do wanna use shadow. My email is 1warcraftpro@gmail.com        ----- please help out .

More than 5 full days? Ugh, that’s tough. Don’t be too disappointed, you will only have to wait 3-4 more months to get finally activated.

I've been waiting for my shadow more than 5 days. I have been feeling disappointed with the wait. I literally purchase it last weekend and still nothing. There is no customer support online. I can't even email or anything . However help out because I do wanna use shadow. My email is 1warcraftpro@gmail.com        ----- please help out .

More than 5 full days? Ugh, that’s tough. Don’t be too disappointed, you will only have to wait 3-4 more months to get finally activated.

Your account ‘Order Status’ should show you when your shadow activation estimate is - it’s probably in a couple months.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Warcraftproz Hey!  Just a reminder, please do not post personal information on public channels for your own safety.  You can figure out which data center you’re located in using this link here.  Once you know which data center you’re in, you can use Ryan’s post to determine when your Shadow will be activated.

I’ve been waiting for my Shadow Ultra since 20th of December 2019 - any updates on that? You keep saying activation is going as planned, but I doubt the plan was to activate my Ultra 1 year after the order?

If you actually manage to activate it at all at any point in time, it will already be 2 year old hardware by that time, just like the Boost is now...

It’s kind of stupid that I ordered august 3rd and someone could order today and get it a month before me… shadow really need to get their shit together.

Does anyne know when in Oct, the servers will go live in London ?

Encore 5 mois a attendre  :/

Userlevel 2
Badge

@RyanFromShadow this is BS my shadow was refunded with out me actually refunding it !!! i waited 5 months to be so close to have my shadow and now i have to wait longer ????!!! what the hell. i didnt get any email to verify that i wanted to refund it, it was just gone with out me knowing. i gave emailed the support team about it. can some one please contact me about this so i dont have to wait another 5 months for shadow !!!!!

I’m 14 days away from the activation this week and I need to wait an other 2 months + the month I already waited, shadow come on speed up your shit.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

It’s kind of stupid that I ordered august 3rd and someone could order today and get it a month before me… shadow really need to get their shit together.

@MrPesto Your Shadow’s activation highly depends on the resources available at the data center.  We aren’t trying to block anyone from getting their Shadow at a later time than promised upon check-out.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Does anyne know when in Oct, the servers will go live in London ?

@evan_draco If you’re in London, your Shadow will be activated in the Paris data center.  There are people currently using Shadow there now, the activation is for your own specific Shadow as it takes time for our team to go through the orders and assign users their GPU, CPU, storage, etc.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Encore 5 mois a attendre  :/

@Nathan1207 English, please!  However, our team’s doing its best to provide accurate timeframes for your Shadow’s activation.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

I’m 14 days away from the activation this week and I need to wait an other 2 months + the month I already waited, shadow come on speed up your shit.

@Rotten boi Our team’s doing the best to activate everyone.  We had an increase in demand and our team is already working as hard as they can as they don’t want to activate anyone later than promised.