09/14 Weekly Post: Shadow Boost Activation Update

• 14 September 2020
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hey #TeamShadow,

Welcome to this week’s activation update!

This week activations are rolling along at a steady pace across all datacenters. There are no delays to announce; however, users purchasing Shadow in the Paris data center starting today should expect activations in March 2021.

Thank you for your patience as you wait for your Shadow! While you wait for activation, we hope you take a moment to browse the forum to see what else the community is buzzing about. A good place to start is always with introducing yourself to #TeamShadow :)

As a reminder:
-We activate Monday through Thursday

-Beginning at 8am local time each day for each datacenter

Below is the activation information by datacenter. You can check which datacenter you belong to here

CHICAGO:

Activations this week:

August 26th - September 3rd

If pre-order date is September 3rd or later:

Activation by end of November 2020

TEXAS:

Activations this week:
September 1st - September 9th

If pre-order date is September 9th or later:

NEW YORK:

Activations this week:

July 23rd - July 27th

If pre-order date is between July 27th - July 29th:
Activation by end of September 2020

If pre-order date is between July 29th - July 30th:
Activation by end of October 2020

If pre-order date is between July 30th - August 20th:

If pre-order date is August 20th or later:

Activation by end of December 2020

SANTA CLARA:

Activations this week:

August 22nd - September 7th

If pre-order date is September 7th or later:

PARIS:
Activations this week:

May 20th - May 25th

If pre-order date is between May 25th - July 22nd:

If pre-order is between July 22nd - July 30th

Activation by end of February 2021

AMSTERDAM:

Activations this week:
July 24th - July 28th

If pre-order date is between July 28th - July 29th:

To learn what “Activation” means and what it takes to activate your Shadow, check out this post:
https://forum.shadow.tech/activation-account-billing-31/activation-58

15 replies

Ooh, early. Doesn’t look like much for good news for the Paris datacenter, which is unfortunate because I pre-ordered midnight today. Feb 2021 squad. (wow, got in a few hours before, would have been March 2021 squad. damn)

All this makes me wish I signed up for the Santa Clara datacenter, even though that’s not very practical. Sigh.

Ah well, if i’m gonna wait five months, might as well wait it out on the forums and suffer with others 😉 I really hope that the backlog is eventually sorted out or maybe soon a glimmer of hope for Paris datacenter users. Meanwhile, I appreciate these updates, better than waiting five months in silence :confused:

well should be this week,The wait to play flight simulator at a decent spec is almost over.

Sorry if you are going to repeat yourself but I preordered in July due to a problem with my old account I had to start again, I assume that Paris will be my data centre but my activation date is November? Is that going to be my actual activation date? 

it say this your shadow is not ready yet you will receive a email as soon as it ready to use. you can also check your order status on http://account.shodow.tech/order-tracking i live in fl

I ordered on june 8th so closeeeee

Hello,

I am wondering, if I have my datacenter in Paris or in Amsterdam? My Billing Address is in Germany but my IP and home is in Switzerland. As far as I remember I activated my Account through the German website, but what the determination of my data center location? I couldn’t find it out because in my situation it is a bit different I guess… So can you please tell me, when my shadow is finally ready to go?

Thanks!

All the best 

When can I expect activation in Los Angeles CA for Shadow Boost

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@TiddyMilQ 

SANTA CLARA:

Activations this week:

August 22nd - September 7th

If pre-order date is September 7th or later:

Hello,

I am wondering, if I have my datacenter in Paris or in Amsterdam? My Billing Address is in Germany but my IP and home is in Switzerland. As far as I remember I activated my Account through the German website, but what the determination of my data center location? I couldn’t find it out because in my situation it is a bit different I guess… So can you please tell me, when my shadow is finally ready to go?

Thanks!

All the best 

You can see that by going to your profile on here, it says you're on Amsterdam datacenter

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I ordered Infinite on 30th October 2019 and it’s now scheduled for early 2021… send help

I am still struggling to understand the New York center time projections.

3 days worth in September, and then one more day’s worth in October?  (Yes, it lists two days but one of those is also listed for September fulfillment). 

Can someone please explain this?  Is it an error?  Is it a lot of planned vacation time?

I ordered bang on August 20th and I’m Paris, I’m seriously bummed out 😞 do you think it’s possible 20th people could be put in the Dec 2020 release? I imagine if things go swimmingly yall are going to okay more accounts? Unless it’s concrete. Am feeling sorry for myself haha!

I am still struggling to understand the New York center time projections.

3 days worth in September, and then one more day’s worth in October?  (Yes, it lists two days but one of those is also listed for September fulfillment). 

Can someone please explain this?  Is it an error?  Is it a lot of planned vacation time?

My understanding is that 29th is not included in Sept 2020 but Oct. So for example Sept is 27, 28 only but Oct is 29 and 30th therefore 2 days each. Don’t know if that helped at all. 

Ooh, early. Doesn’t look like much for good news for the Paris datacenter, which is unfortunate because I pre-ordered midnight today. Feb 2021 squad. (wow, got in a few hours before, would have been March 2021 squad. damn)

All this makes me wish I signed up for the Santa Clara datacenter, even though that’s not very practical. Sigh.

Ah well, if i’m gonna wait five months, might as well wait it out on the forums and suffer with others 😉 I really hope that the backlog is eventually sorted out or maybe soon a glimmer of hope for Paris datacenter users. Meanwhile, I appreciate these updates, better than waiting five months in silence :confused:

I ordered 20th August right at cut off and I’m Feb 2021 along with you xD so on the bright side it could be worse, you could be me :p

the closest data centre to the UK is Gravelines and you never mentioned anything about Gravelines. also, going by Paris’ activation will mine be Feb 2021 or earlier. Or will it be march 2021 like it says on the activation page?