09/21 Weekly Post: Shadow Boost Activation Update

• 21 September 2020
  • 26 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

[UPDATE] Chicago and Texas acivations currently are under 4 hours. 

Hey #TeamShadow,

Welcome to this week’s activation update!

This week activations are rolling along at a steady pace across all datacenters. There are no delays to announce at this time.

Thank you for your patience as you wait for your Shadow! While you wait for activation, we hope you take a moment to browse the forum to see what else the community is buzzing about. A good place to start is always with introducing yourself to #TeamShadow :)

As a reminder:
-We activate Monday through Thursday

-Beginning at 8am local time each day for each datacenter

Below is the activation information by datacenter. You can check which datacenter you belong to here

CHICAGO:

Activations this week:

September 3rd - September 6

If pre-order date is September 6th or later:

Activation by end of November 2020

TEXAS:

Activations this week:
September 9th - September 11th

If pre-order date is September 11th or later:

NEW YORK:

Activations this week:

July 27th - August 2nd

If pre-order date is between August 2nd - August 20th:

If pre-order date is August 20th or later:

Activation by end of December 2020

SANTA CLARA:

Activations this week:

September 7th - September 16th

If pre-order date is September 16th or later:

PARIS:
Activations this week:

May 25th - May 29th

If pre-order date is between May 29th - July 22nd:

Activation by end of October 2020 

If pre-order is between July 22nd - July 30th

If pre-order date is between July 30th - August 20th:

Activation by end of February 2021

AMSTERDAM:

Activations this week:
July 28th - August 4th

If pre-order date is between August 4th - August 20th:

To learn what “Activation” means and what it takes to activate your Shadow, check out this post:
https://forum.shadow.tech/activation-account-billing-31/activation-58

26 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

@BrittaneyFromShadow 

so my shadow was refunded to me for no reason but I spoke to one of your team to get me back on the list where I left off as it was unfair for me and they said that I am back on the list where i left off. I ordered my shadow in the 27th of may (Paris) so I'm looking forward for my activation. Im hoping that i was added to the list but I thought I would type in here hoping to know if my account is back to where it is.

Thanks for the update, glad that there are no delays, that would suck on top of the backlog. Still not looking too good for Paris datacentre compared to others but I guess demand blew up or something? I’m hoping that there are plans to address the delays or at least get Paris datacentre up to speed with the other datacenters. (@BrittaneyFromShadow)

If not, I appreciate the consistent rate of activation. Better than being delayed, eh? Ah well, time will come eventually. Thanks for the update once more and I look forward to activation someday.

Feb 2021 squad :sweat_smile:

I can’t wait anymore :sob:  please active my account :drooling_face:

@BrittaneyFromShadow

so my shadow was refunded to me for no reason but I spoke to one of your team to get me back on the list where I left off as it was unfair for me and they said that I am back on the list where i left off. I ordered my shadow in the 27th of may (Paris) so I'm looking forward for my activation. Im hoping that i was added to the list but I thought I would type in here hoping to know if my account is back to where it is.

@jumborichy Unfortunately I can’t tell you when your particular Shadow will be activated.  I can just tell you the timeframe based off of when users ordered.

Thanks for the update, glad that there are no delays, that would suck on top of the backlog. Still not looking too good for Paris datacentre compared to others but I guess demand blew up or something? I’m hoping that there are plans to address the delays or at least get Paris datacentre up to speed with the other datacenters. (@BrittaneyFromShadow)

If not, I appreciate the consistent rate of activation. Better than being delayed, eh? Ah well, time will come eventually. Thanks for the update once more and I look forward to activation someday.

Feb 2021 squad :sweat_smile:

@poly Sorry, other than the information here, I really don’t have much other information at this time.  Demand’s been a bit crazy lately and our teams are doing their best to make sure new users are activated on a timely basis while balancing the existing infrastructure.

I can’t wait anymore :sob:  please active my account :drooling_face:

@Charly59590 If I had magic abilities to activate everyone at once, I would.  Unfortunately, as much as I wish to be, I’m not magic.  I’m just as disappointed as you in my non-magic capabilities.

So I have to wait almost 2 months!?!?!

Userlevel 1

Hi, im based in switzerland so in the Paris Datacenter, i am not really mad at all, just a bit confused. Why exactly are the delays that big? Are the parts being delivered so slowly or do u have just wayy too small teams? i mean both could technically fixed by money injection definetely the latter, but the first one aswell?

But besides the small rant, my Activationdate is still on August, does that get changed/adjusted? 

Netherlands here.

Typing via my fresh Shadow system!

I bought shadow this month, when is it activated?

Does activation in November means i have to wait 2 months.

I believe the best way to think of those dates is as the worst-case scenario, with some users potentially being activated significantly earlier.  If they set your expectation to “End of November” and you are activated on November 5th, you’ll be happier than if it was the other way around.

So if i bought the shadow boost and i can cancel anytime will it autopay evrymonth and when my shadow activate do i have to wait like another month or will it just keep going if i keep paying for it????

I believe the best way to think of those dates is as the worst-case scenario, with some users potentially being activated significantly earlier.  If they set your expectation to “End of November” and you are activated on November 5th, you’ll be happier than if it was the other way around.

So if i bought the shadow boost and i can cancel anytime will it autopay evrymonth and when my shadow activate do i have to wait like another month or will it just keep going if i keep paying for it????

Hey,

Paris here, I ordered on July 22th, in which bracket am I included?

Thx

Hmmmm, wich Year are we talking about, My Order dates back to 11/2019. Are we talking about 2019, when talking about Order Date??

Thx for the Info^^ 

Hmmmm, wich Year are we talking about, My Order dates back to 11/2019. Are we talking about 2019, when talking about Order Date??

Thx for the Info^^ 

Just saw the Threads Title, it states “Boost”, i ordered Ultra, so my fault :)

I'm so confused by all this. 

I'm in Texas, just subscribed. During the subscription flow and in at my account page, it says "Available on within 24 hours". But on the same page it tells me to refer to the "latest activation updates" page (here). where it says "Activation by end of November 2020".

Am I getting access within 24 hours? Or sometime within the next two months?

I searched the forum and it seems long activation times are a major issue, but figured it was mostly resolved since the signup flow states multiple times available within 24 hours. Is this not the case?

Reading more closely up-thread, seems like it’s “sometime in the next two months”. 

I find it really, really unnatural and misleading to the customer that during the subscription process it’s saying available within 24 hrs, when in fact, that is apparently not the case at all. 

Edit: apparently I didn't bother to read the topic title properly. Gonna blame that on being tired

Welp, I’m activated, <1 hour wait. I’m not complaining, but the contradictory info is a bit confusing - I’d recommend making it a bit more clear for other new users. Off to try things out. :)

I am waiting since Dec 2019. When do I get my activation???

Bonjour, J’ai fait ma pré-commande le 12/07 mais je ne sais pas si je suis sur le DC Amsterdam ou Paris ^^’

Je suppose Paris donc fin octobre c’est bien ça ?

Greetings from Belgium!

Also waiting since 13 novembre 2019  for an Ultra account. Still nothing!

Its only showing activation status 2021…! 

Welp, I’m activated, <1 hour wait. I’m not complaining, but the contradictory info is a bit confusing - I’d recommend making it a bit more clear for other new users. Off to try things out. :)

Here for Paris datacenter, we have to wait for at least 4-5 months, it’s just a shame…

And it’s much worse for Ultra/Infinite. No real competitor, and a total waste of business for such a high demand, I don't get it.