09/28 Weekly Post: Shadow Boost Activation Update

• 28 September 2020
  • 39 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hey #TeamShadow,

Welcome to this week’s activation update!

This week activations are rolling along at a steady pace across all datacenters. There are no delays to announce; however, users purchasing Shadow in the Texas and Chicago data centers starting today should expect activations within 24 hours. 🎉

Thank you for your patience as you wait for your Shadow! While you wait for activation, we hope you take a moment to browse the forum to see what else the community is buzzing about. A good place to start is always with introducing yourself to #TeamShadow :)

As a reminder:
-We activate Monday through Thursday

-Beginning at 8am local time each day for each datacenter

Below is the activation information by datacenter. You can check which datacenter you belong to here

CHICAGO:

Activations this week:

Live - Within 24 hours

TEXAS:

Activations this week:
Live - Within 24 hours

NEW YORK:

Activations this week:

August 2nd - August 9th

If pre-order date is between August 9th - August 20th:
Activation by end of November 2020

If pre-order date is August 20th or later:

Activation by end of December 2020

SANTA CLARA:

Activations this week:

September 16th - September 19th

If pre-order date is September 19th or later:

PARIS:
Activations this week:

May 29th - June 3rd

If pre-order date is between June 3rd - July 22nd:

Activation by end of October 2020 

If pre-order is between July 22nd - July 30th

If pre-order date is between July 30th - August 20th:

Activation by end of February 2021

AMSTERDAM:

Activations this week:
August 4th - August 10th

If pre-order date is between August 4th - August 20th:

To learn what “Activation” means and what it takes to activate your Shadow, check out this post:
https://forum.shadow.tech/activation-account-billing-31/activation-58

39 replies

Userlevel 1

Awww humieee

I ordered on june 4th at the paris datacenter

June 8th, so close!!!

Early, eh? Another week passes by with no activation miracle for the Paris centre :(

Ah well, good to see things humming along. Hopefully, focus shifts from centres that are doing well to centres that are not doing so well in the near future. Bit bummed that fellas over in some parts of the US are being activated the day of or maybe earlier but I guess they don’t have much demand, plus, not much I can do about it but be bummed ;)

Still, a bit of news is better than waiting in silence.

Early, eh? Another week passes by with no activation miracle for the Paris centre :(

Ah well, good to see things humming along. Hopefully, focus shifts from centres that are doing well to centres that are not doing so well in the near future. Bit bummed that fellas over in some parts of the US are being activated the day of or maybe earlier but I guess they don’t have much demand, plus, not much I can do about it but be bummed ;)

Still, a bit of news is better than waiting in silence.

And officially, they are still willing to activate both June and July subscribtions during October month. Seems impossible to me. Maybe it is time to give us some realistic timelines!

Im June 26, still have to wait a while 😞 Im so done I need to wait this long to play some games

Why so late with the activation?

Im September 22, how long it takes?

Hi Shadow Teams, hope you are fine.

Honestly, I’wonder how can you be sure to achieve the objectives you set for Paris ? I have been following this thread for only two weeks. But last week you activated orders for 5-6 days, and this week for 5-6 days. 

Are you sure to activated  order from June 3rd to July 22nd in only one month ??? 

Hope for the best, but honestly i'm worried. I’m waiting my shadow like a fool ; p , but if you know the the objectives you set will not be achieved in time, please tell us, at least so that we can organize ourselves on our side while we wait for our order.

Have a good day 

It does amaze me that for a French company new users take 6 months to activate in Paris whilst the US is now 24 hours.

(ordered 15th July from the UK for the Paris datacentre) 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Now this was a smart idea, who thought of this?

Are they activating in 24 hours? On the 21st of this month, I hired shadow for a year and they still haven't activated it

It does amaze me that for a French company new users take 6 months to activate in Paris whilst the US is now 24 hours.

Hmm, so maybe I should change location to US - trumpland, until my europe is ready

Are they activating in 24 hours? On the 21st of this month, I hired shadow for a year and they still haven't activated it

try to re join man, texas and Chicago are working!

Hmm, so maybe I should change location to US - trumpland, until my europe is ready

Literally the exact same thought! I also wanted to switch to freedom servers for the activation speeds but from the EU the ping would be god awful. Guess i’m stuck in the EU “queue” for a while until I just pop and decide “screw it, i’ll live with the ping lmao”

Anyone on freedom servers living in the EU (living the risky life, huh? bless your ping), please report back to fellow comrades if this is a good idea. Thanks! Though uh, judging from the ping test, probably not a good idea.

WTF

Awww humieee

I ordered on june 4th at the paris datacenter

Same here -.-

Perfect!!! Pre ordered on 10 july, it cames at the same time as my optical fiber :sweat_smile:

Why is the wait so long in Sacramento, California 😕 I like Shadow but the wait is so long so I canceled twice. However, I’m giving it a month to try. Or else I might have been ordered a year (:

I tried to sign up two times before but accounts were messed up. I just signed up for a year. I am in OKC USA. Let's see how long this takes. I signed at 3:00 PM CST

I tried to sign up two times before but accounts were messed up. I just signed up for a year. I am in OKC USA. Let's see how long this takes. I signed at 3:00 PM CST

it was 30 minutes in TOTAL!!!!

Crazy! Why does California takes so so long..!

I wonder can my shadow pc get activated early or does it only activate at the given month

Data center Paris : Encore repoussé d’un moi ? Si j’annule serais je remboursé ?

Data center Paris : Still pushed back for a month? If I cancel will I be refunded ?

If the wait for Chicago is 24 hours, and for California is 2 months, why not shift some resources or adjust the borders to balance demand?

Data center Paris : Encore repoussé d’un moi ? Si j’annule serais je remboursé ?

Data center Paris : Still pushed back for a month? If I cancel will I be refunded ?

My bad, miss reading, sorry.

Autant pour moi, mauvaise interprétation. Désolé