10/05 Weekly Post: Shadow Boost Activation Update

• 5 October 2020
  • 56 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hey #TeamShadow,

Welcome to this week’s activation update!

This week’s activations are rolling along at a steady pace across all datacenters. Users purchasing Shadow starting today in the New York or Amsterdam data centers will see their activation dates as January 2021.

Thank you for your patience as you wait for your Shadow! While you wait for activation, we hope you take a moment to browse the forum to see what else the community is buzzing about. A good place to start is always with introducing yourself to #TeamShadow :)

As a reminder:
-We activate Monday through Thursday

-Beginning at 8am local time each day for each datacenter

Below is the activation information by datacenter. You can check which datacenter you belong to here

CHICAGO:

Activations this week:

Live - Within 24 hours

TEXAS:

Activations this week:
Live - Within 24 hours

NEW YORK:

Activations this week:

August 9th - August 19th

If pre-order date is between August 19th - August 20th:
Activation by end of November 2020

If pre-order date is August 20th or later:

Activation by end of December 2020

If pre-order date is October 5th or later:

Activation by end of January 2021

SANTA CLARA:

Activations this week:

September 19th - October 4th

If pre-order date is October 4th or later:

PARIS:
Activations this week:

June 3rd - June 7th

If pre-order date is between June 7th - July 22nd:

Activation by end of October 2020*

If pre-order is between July 22nd - July 30th

If pre-order date is between July 30th - August 20th:

Activation by end of February 2021

If pre-order date is September 21st or later:

Activation by end of March 2021

*some users that pre-ordered between June 7th and July 22nd will, unfortunately, be delayed in activation. We will be sending more information to those impacted soon

AMSTERDAM:

Activations this week:
August 10th - August 19th

If pre-order date is between August 19th - August 20th:

If pre-order date is October 5th or later:

Activation by end of January 2021

To learn what “Activation” means and what it takes to activate your Shadow, check out this post:
https://forum.shadow.tech/activation-account-billing-31/activation-58

56 replies

Du gros foutage de tête au lieu de dire directement fin novembre on nous promet fin octobre je vais quitter

In the email, it says that it will not be available before end of november. It means that it could be worse than a one month delay :joy:  great!

Userlevel 1

What the hell is going on in Paris?  It's delay after delay, and now bumped again from this month until the end of November.  This presumably has a knock on impact on everyone else beyond that.  It's becoming quite frustrating now as my live date will be approaching the 6 month mark since I ordered...

Userlevel 1

i order in early july and was meant to be october , waiting patently BUT now told it another 6 weeks , end of november , its a joke 

Very frustrating isnt it. I wouldnt mind but i knew this delay was coming from a mile away so why not say something earlier? They wont grow if this carries on. 4 months is too long.

Userlevel 1

What the hell is going on in Paris?  It's delay after delay, and now bumped again from this month until the end of November.  This presumably has a knock on impact on everyone else beyond that.  It's becoming quite frustrating now as my live date will be approaching the 6 month mark since I ordered...

Oh wow. When diid you order? I thought me waiting 3 months was long.

Shadow, just be bloody honest. If this guys been waiting 6 months from the same datac center as me i dont have a prayer of being activated in November which is 4 months after order.

Shadow, just be bloody honest. If this guys been waiting 6 months from the same datac center as me i dont have a prayer of being activated in November which is 4 months after order.

why is mine coming from paris , im  in the UK surley amsterdam is closer 

Encore retarder d’un mois, je commence sérieusement a me dire que c’est un grosse arnaque!!!

Badge

I have just gotten an email saying that there will be a delay in the Paris centre..this will be coming onto 4 months since ordering before it's live. Man, what is going on in Paris?

Userlevel 1

why is mine coming from paris , im  in the UK surley amsterdam is closer 

This.  I'm in the UK also.  There's clearly scaling problems in Paris, just switch the UK to Amsterdam which makes way more sense for latency 

Pfff Why don’t you explain clearly what’s the issue in France.

If you are not able to deliver on time, don’t propose the availability of ordering in France. You might have propose some free month to show that you care a bit about your newcomers instead of sending some cold factual e-mails : we are not virtual customers.

Guess i’m here again. Sad days. Based on these delays, I don’t think i’ll have mine delivered when promised. Please sort it out, if not, at least be transparent with what’s going on and what’s planned to remedy it. 

Je devais avoir mon activation fin octobre et voila que je reçois un mail pour m’annoncer que c’est reporter d’un mois…. Sans aucune autre explication.

Je ne comprend pas un tel retard, plus de 4 mois pour activer un compte….. Impensable…… Quelle est la raison (ou les raisons) d’un tel retard? Merci de fournir un minimum d’explications à vos clients.

9th July, F!!! Hopefully it doesnt get delayed too much longer. Primarily getting this to play games now that my PC is no longer supported by the game dev.

Star Citizen?

I ordered back in July too instead of upgrading to a 2000 series card, but managed to snag a 3080 week 1!

Shadow fournisseur officiel de seum...

Ordered in july, activation was end of october… now delayed to end of november… wtf! Its a joke or wath? Lack of organisation? I dont trust them anymore...

I ordered in June, been waiting 5 months while some people in the US get theirs turned on in 24hrs, for a French company, you need to get your act together in Paris, I would like a proper and accurate update as to when my order will be ready, wait time for a previous customer is ridiculous frankly.

pushed back to november :(

Badge

I have been waiting since 12 June and I still did not got the activation codes ;/

So much salt in this thread - you’d almost think there was an unprecedented surge of demand due to some kind of global pandemic or something.

But by god, you better personally ensure that MY order goes through first!

:joy:

Never change gamers - your impatience and self-interest truly defines you

HELP! I ordered my shadow on the 17 September and im in the uk my account says it will be available in march 2021 but the paris data center says February 2021 HELP!

So much salt in this thread - you’d almost think there was an unprecedented surge of demand due to some kind of global pandemic or something.

Oh shut up, a 6 month wait time is ridiculous 

Spoken proudly by someone on the Amsterdam data center.

Userlevel 1

The point is their dates are absolutely pointless. Telling someone they will be activated by X date when its never going to happen.

Its not on.

Spoken proudly by someone on the Amsterdam data center.

Actually, my date is supposedly in November some time. We’ll see what happens.

I just realize that there’s a fucking pandemic, causing unprecedented demand on cloud resources, and disruption in shipping/distribution.

The guys are doing the best they can, and quite possibly putting themselves at risk, so *we* can play some 100fps LoL - there’s more important things in life, like life itself.

Try being in charge of cloud infrastructure at a small company, only to have to go back to the CEO and say “sorry, Microsoft is full in our region” - I literally had to do that recently, so a few gamers waiting a few more weeks is nothing.

I made my shadow pre-order yesterday, and it said that it would be available in 24 hours, more than 24 have passed and still not activate.

I ordered my shadow 3 days ago and it said 48 hours and its been more than that and i still dont have it

did you get it yet