10/12 Weekly Post: Shadow Boost Activation Update

• 12 October 2020
  • 23 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hey #TeamShadow,

Welcome to this week’s activation update!

🇫🇷 Tu es francophone ? Consulte la partie “PARIS” pour obtenir des infos sur les activations. ⚠ Les commentaires se font uniquement en anglais.

🇩🇪 Du bist deutschsprachig? Informationen über Aktivierungen für Deutschland findest du im Abschnitt "Amsterdam". ⚠ Bitte kommentiere hier nur auf Englisch.

This week's activations are rolling along at a steady pace across all datacenters. Chicago, Texas, and California data centers are up to date on their orders at this time.

Thank you for your patience as you wait for your Shadow! While you wait for activation, we hope you take a moment to browse the forum to see what else the community is buzzing about. A good place to start is always with introducing yourself to #TeamShadow :)

As a reminder:
-We activate Monday through Thursday

-Beginning at 8am local time each day for each datacenter

Below is the activation information by datacenter. You can check which datacenter you belong to here

CHICAGO:

Activations this week:

Live - Within 24 hours

TEXAS:

Activations this week:
Live - Within 24 hours

NEW YORK:

Activations this week:

August 19th - August 27th

If pre-order date is August 27th - October 5th:

Activation by end of December 2020

If pre-order date is October 5th or later:

Activation by end of January 2021

SANTA CLARA:

Activations this week:
Live - Within 24 hours

PARIS:
🇫🇷

Activations cette semaine :

7 juin - 13 juin

Date de précommande comprise entre 13 juin - 30 juillet :

Activation prévue d’ici fin novembre 2020 

Date de précommande comprise entre 30 juillet - 20 août :
Activation prévue d’ici fin décembre 2020
Date de précommande comprise entre 20 août  - 21 septembre:

Activation prévue d’ici fin février 2021

Date de précommande à partir du 21 septembre :

Activation prévue d’ici fin mars 2021

🇬🇧

Activations this week:

June 7th - June 13th

If pre-order is between June 13th - July 30th
Activation by end of November 2020

If pre-order date is between July 30th - August 20th:
If pre-order date is August 20th - September 21st:

Activation by end of February 2021

If pre-order date is September 21st or later:

Activation by end of March 2021

AMSTERDAM:

🇩🇪

Aktivierungen diese Woche:

19. August - 25. August

Vorbestelldatum zwischen 25. August - 05. Oktober:

Voraussichtliche Aktivierung bis Ende Dezember 2020 

Vorbestelldatum ist der 5. Oktober oder später:
Voraussichtliche Aktivierung bis Ende Januar 2021 

🇬🇧

Activations this week:
August 19th - August 25th

If pre-order date is August 25th - October 5th:

To learn what “Activation” means and what it takes to activate your Shadow, check out this post:
https://forum.shadow.tech/activation-account-billing-31/activation-58

23 replies

Ooh, early. Thought this was just the regular weekly activation post until I looked a bit closer… Paris datacenter is activating 7 days every week instead of 5! Miracles do happen! Well, still in for a long wait but i’m glad to see that there’s progress to eventually rid of the backlog.

Kudos. 

Ooh, early. Thought this was just the regular weekly activation post until I looked a bit closer… Paris datacenter is activating 7 days every week instead of 5! Miracles do happen! Well, still in for a long wait but i’m glad to see that there’s progress to eventually rid of the backlog.

Kudos. 

Yeah i think as the USA queues are disappearing they can focus there expansion in EU. I bet it will accelerate even faster when the first EU centers are up to current. After that, hopefully ultra setups up to speed ;)

letsss gooo might be activated this week, I’m excited 

On the forum : “This week activations are rolling along at a steady pace across all datacenters.”

In my E-mail Box : “ We were hoping your Shadow was ready for October. Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, it will not be available until the end of November.”

:rage:

ffs when i am gonna get my shadow activated it’s been like 7 months now why there is delay 

every time I come here my activation date is longer and longer away, the first beginning of October then end of October now the end of November. been waiting since mid-July this is so annoying. almost 4 months.

Another week of disappointment brought to you by Shadow.tech, ordered back in June, not received 1 update via email or explanation, was due for October and being pushed back AGAIN to November. Very poor service so far. Wait time is inexcusable and unforgivable. Do better.

Have Faith it will be activated some day :p

Ordered on

01 November 2019

Available on

(Does this mean I’m still not going to get the upgrade for another 6 months? end of MARCH 2021?)

Guys, can wait for you to start the UK activations! 

November this year is still a feasible date?

Cheers!

Combien de fois l’activation sera-t-elle repoussée ? :triumph::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

Pour Paris, les commandes passées au moins de juin mais après le 13, étaient prévues à octobre, ensuite c’est passé à fin octobre et maintenant fin novembre… 

C’est fatiguant, j’aimerais juste profiter de mon offre… Des mois que j’attends ça pour encore voir que je dois patienter plus d’un mois…. :sob:

i hope that my shadow boost will be earlier than 2021 :(

So we pay, have a date, and you make it longer and longer... Why? And no explanations, no news by mail.. Please, do better... 

Combien de fois l’activation sera-t-elle repoussée ? :triumph::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

Pour Paris, les commandes passées au moins de juin mais après le 13, étaient prévues à octobre, ensuite c’est passé à fin octobre et maintenant fin novembre… 

C’est fatiguant, j’aimerais juste profiter de mon offre… Des mois que j’attends ça pour encore voir que je dois patienter plus d’un mois…. :sob:

Franchement, le service laisse à désirer quand même.... 

:sob::cry:

I’ve been waiting months for the Paris Data Center and if I’m reading this right you guys are pushing my activation time back from End of October to End of November? 

Ordered on

02 July 2020

Available on

October 2020

This is extremely disheartening honestly, I’ve waited quite some time patiently and it is been postponed not to the start of November but the END? so I have to practically wait another 2 months? After already waiting 3 months?

Hopefully people will become impatient and cancel, therefore bumping me up the list! I am due by end of February 2021 Paris data centre. I have plenty to keep me occupied til then.

Badge

If you ever deployed more than 100 PC Systems a day you would think twice about the why.

They do the best they can deploy as fast as they can but there is still a Pandemic going on.

Try to get 1000 SSD in one delivery and multiply theses with 10 and that in a constant flow. 

then buy racks of Servers to fit the SSD’s and then complain again if you could do this every day of a week.

Not Mentioning Software Buy and Deployment, Installation when you not allowed to enter buildings and have to relate to others to do your job, etc.

From what I see they do an Excellent Job and yes I wait for the Deployment of my Shadow Infinite now more than one year but the Boost I use fits for most of my tasks but as some games are more demanding winking at you Cyberpunk 2077/MFS2020 I really would like to have my upgrade in place but complaining does not make it any faster.

So Shadow.tech keep up your good work when the new normal speed things up you learned a lot about crisis grow 😉.

so Long Shodan

If you ever deployed more than 100 PC Systems a day you would think twice about the why.

They do the best they can deploy as fast as they can but there is still a Pandemic going on.

Try to get 1000 SSD in one delivery and multiply theses with 10 and that in a constant flow. 

then buy racks of Servers to fit the SSD’s and then complain again if you could do this every day of a week.

Not Mentioning Software Buy and Deployment, Installation when you not allowed to enter buildings and have to relate to others to do your job, etc.

From what I see they do an Excellent Job and yes I wait for the Deployment of my Shadow Infinite now more than one year but the Boost I use fits for most of my tasks but as some games are more demanding winking at you Cyberpunk 2077/MFS2020 I really would like to have my upgrade in place but complaining does not make it any faster.

So Shadow.tech keep up your good work when the new normal speed things up you learned a lot about crisis grow 😉.

so Long Shodan

I

Another week of disappointment brought to you by Shadow.tech, ordered back in June, not received 1 update via email or explanation, was due for October and being pushed back AGAIN to November. Very poor service so far. Wait time is inexcusable and unforgivable. Do better.

I completely agree Vinnie I ordered mine on the 28th june with the intention of using it for a few months until i can afford to get my old gaming rig repaired and upgraded. It was frustrating enough waiting as long as i have already but for a delay last minute without any notice or update. Absolutely ridiculous. Im tempted now to just cancel the order. It will be a better way for me to just save more money anyway

I completely agree Vinnie I ordered mine on the 28th june with the intention of using it for a few months until i can afford to get my old gaming rig repaired and upgraded. It was frustrating enough waiting as long as i have already but for a delay last minute without any notice or update. Absolutely ridiculous. Im tempted now to just cancel the order. It will be a better way for me to just save more money anyway

I speak to customer service about my Paris activation time changing from October to November and he said this and I quote 

“Since you pre-ordered on July 2, 2020, your Shadow is estimated to be activated by the end of October. I hope this helps give you some insight into our activation process.” So he’s either misinterpreted the blog and is wrong or there is something we don’t know because from what I can read here I’ve been pushed back till November. Or maybe I’m wrong and reading it incorrectly.

I speak to customer service about my Paris activation time changing from October to November and he said this and I quote 

“Since you pre-ordered on July 2, 2020, your Shadow is estimated to be activated by the end of October. I hope this helps give you some insight into our activation process.” So he’s either misinterpreted the blog and is wrong or there is something we don’t know because from what I can read here I’ve been pushed back till November. Or maybe I’m wrong and reading it incorrectly.

Those who are delayed received an email to confirm that. If you did not receive one, it means that you are still on track for end of October.

Personally, I ordered on July 19th and I received an email to announce one month delay.

AMSTERDAM:

🇬🇧

Activations this week:
August 19th - August 25th

If pre-order date is August 25th - October 5th:

So, if you're a week later then the 25th, you're forced to wait untill the end of december?

Why is the activation period for early september so long?