10/26 Weekly Post: Shadow Boost Activation Update

• 26 October 2020
  • 65 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Hey #TeamShadow,

Welcome to this week’s activation update!

🥖 Tu es francophone ? Consulte la partie “PARIS” pour obtenir des infos sur les activations. ⚠ Les commentaires se font uniquement en anglais.

🇩🇪 Du bist deutschsprachig? Informationen über Aktivierungen für Deutschland findest du im Abschnitt "Amsterdam". ⚠ Bitte kommentiere hier nur auf Englisch.

This week activations are rolling along at a steady pace across all datacenters. Users purchasing in the Paris datacenter starting today will see activations in April 2021.

Thank you for your patience as you wait for your Shadow! While you wait for activation, we hope you take a moment to browse the forum to see what else the community is buzzing about. A good place to start is always with introducing yourself to #TeamShadow :)

As a reminder:
-We activate Monday through Thursday

-Beginning at 8am local time each day for each datacenter

Below is the activation information by datacenter. You can check which datacenter you belong to here

CHICAGO:

Activations this week:

September 26th - October 23rd

If pre-order date is October 23rd or later:

Activation by end of November 26th, 2020

TEXAS:

Activations this week:
Live - Within 24 hours

NEW YORK:

Activations this week:

September 3rd - September 7th

If pre-order date is September 7th - October 5th:

Activation by end of December 2020

If pre-order date is October 5th or later:

Activation by end of January 2021

SANTA CLARA:

Activations this week:

September 26th - October 23rd

If pre-order date is October 23rd or later:

Activation by end of November 26th, 2020

PARIS:
🥖

Activations cette semaine :

20 juin - 26 juin

Date de précommande comprise entre 26 juin - 30 juillet :

Activation prévue d’ici fin novembre 2020 

Date de précommande comprise entre 30 juillet - 20 août :
Activation prévue d’ici fin décembre 2020
Date de précommande comprise entre 20 août  - 21 septembre :

Activation prévue d’ici fin février 2021

Date de précommande comprise entre 21 septembre - 19 octobre :

Activation prévue d’ici fin mars 2021

Date de précommande à partir du 19 octobre :

Activation prévue d’ici fin avril 2021

🇬🇧

Activations this week:

June 20th - June 26th 

If pre-order is between June 26th - July 30th
Activation by end of November 2020

If pre-order date is between July 30th - August 20th:
If pre-order date is August 20th - September 21st:

Activation by end of February 2021

If pre-order date is September 21st - October 19th:

Activation by end of March 2021

If pre-order date is October 19th or later:

Activation by end of April 2021

AMSTERDAM:

🇩🇪

Aktivierungen diese Woche:

31. August - 4. September

Vorbestelldatum zwischen 4. September - 05. Oktober:

Voraussichtliche Aktivierung bis Ende Dezember 2020 

Vorbestelldatum ist der 5. Oktober oder später:
Voraussichtliche Aktivierung bis Ende Januar 2021 

🇬🇧

Activations this week:
August 31st - September 4th

If pre-order date is September 4th - October 5th:

If pre-order date is October 5th or later:

Activation by end of January 2021

To learn what “Activation” means and what it takes to activate your Shadow, check out this post:
https://forum.shadow.tech/activation-account-billing-31/activation-58

65 replies

When I preordered last week, I was told I’d be activated by this Thursday, but now my account is showing that my estimate has been moved forward to November 26th (which now makes sense in light of this post).

Should I adjust my expectations, or do I happen to be one of the last in the slate of activations this week? I don’t want to sound entitled (I know many others have had to wait and will have to wait far longer for activations), but I’m very disappointed in the adjustment of my account’s activation window, as well as the the lack of any notification to me of the change.

Yup, seeing Texas live within 24 hours still stings... Can Paris not be accelerated?

When I preordered last week, I was told I’d be activated by this Thursday, but now my account is showing that my estimate has been moved forward to November 26th (which now makes sense in light of this post).

Should I adjust my expectations, or do I happen to be one of the last in the slate of activations this week? I don’t want to sound entitled (I know many others have had to wait and will have to wait far longer for activations), but I’m very disappointed in the adjustment of my account’s activation window, as well as the the lack of any notification to me of the change.

Had the same issue, I asked why on discord and a moderator said it's just a display issue and the team is working on it. So you should expect it on Thursday according to the moderator.

Same it happened to me and I'm really pissed

Lol don't worry, the first time I saw that I got sad. But the moderators I talked to on discord said it's just a display issue and you should still expect your Shadow PC to be activated by Thursday. 

Lol don't worry, the first time I saw that I got sad. But the moderators I talked to on discord said it's just a display issue and you should still expect your Shadow PC to be activated by Thursday. 

Not only that, I heard that you should think the activation date as the longest date you'll receive your PC. So basically November 26th is the date you'll receive your Shadow if something happened to it or the database.

really? January for new york? you've got to be kidding me.

I pre-ordered Shadow on October 24th. Are there any hopes that activation will happen before January 2021? :grimacing:

I pre-ordered Shadow on October 24th. Are there any hopes that activation will happen before January 2021? :grimacing:

I hope so. I contacted support the other day and they said that January was the maximum wait. So theoretically you could receive an account activation before then.

I ordered early morning on the 23rd for Chicago when should I expect mine I fall right in between the time frames of course

I ordered early morning on the 23rd for Chicago when should I expect mine I fall right in between the time frames of course

By Looking at this Post I’m pretty sure you should get it this week hopefully unless something unexpected happens.

I ordered the same day and the same data centers. We should except to get it activated by Thursday of this week even though it says that it will be activated by November 26th which was a display issue.

So if i payed today when i can play? Tomorrow?

I’m from new mexico, texas

So if i payed today when i can play? Tomorrow?

I’m from new mexico, texas

Well since Texas is live, you should expect it within 24 hours.

Sadly, I ordered yesterday and Chicago was listed as “24 hours”. Today, it’s listed as November 26th if I order on the 23rd or later. 😞 I’m hoping it’ll be sooner, but still makes me sad since one of the things that specifically made me take the plunge was that my data center had a 24-hour turnaround. I understand how tech goes, so, I get it, still… the sadness.

Jesus Christ, I need to wait 6 months for activation 😮 in the past it took me maybe a week or two.
I should have kept the subscription.

Sadly, I ordered yesterday and Chicago was listed as “24 hours”. Today, it’s listed as November 26th if I order on the 23rd or later. 😞 I’m hoping it’ll be sooner, but still makes me sad since one of the things that specifically made me take the plunge was that my data center had a 24-hour turnaround. I understand how tech goes, so, I get it, still… the sadness.

It's a display issue. Don't worry you will be getting it activated on Thursday. Because of how many orders that are being activated on November, it caused an display issue for the people in Chicago who pre-ordered the Shadow Boost recently. I have the same issue but the moderators on discord said it's just a display issue.

Same thing happened to me. I preordered because it said that it would be connected by the the end of the month on October 29th then as soon as I made payment and logged in it changed to November 26th. 

I'm in Las Vegas, Nevada. Am I really going to have to wait until November 26 to be activated??

I have to wait 6 months? this cant be right

Yeah when I pre-ordered it said good news, activation within 24 hours! .. but my account page shows end of November once they got my billing info.. 

Keep in mind also I’ve been a shadow customer for a few years now.. I was merely signing back up.. this is a bit ridiculous ..  I may just cancel my order

This seems a mess.. even their welcome letter is broken .. “HI {recipient},” 

They used to be amazing.. I have no idea what changed.. 

If i ordered the 23rd should i expect mine today,tmrw, or next week i ordered mine when it said i would get it by thursday

If i ordered the 23rd should i expect mine today,tmrw, or next week i ordered mine when it said i would get it by thursday

Moderators on discord said it's just a display issue so we should expect it today.

Has your shadow been activated yet?

Has your shadow been activated yet?

Not yet 😞 hoping it gets done today!