11/02 Weekly Post: Shadow Boost Activation Update

• 2 November 2020
  • 40 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Hey #TeamShadow,

Welcome to this week’s activation update!

🥖 Tu es francophone ? Consulte la partie “PARIS” pour obtenir des infos sur les activations. ⚠ Les commentaires se font uniquement en anglais.

🇩🇪 Du bist deutschsprachig? Informationen über Aktivierungen für Deutschland findest du im Abschnitt "Amsterdam". ⚠ Bitte kommentiere hier nur auf Englisch.

This week’s activations are rolling along at a steady pace across all datacenters. Users purchasing in the California datacenter starting today will see activations in December 2020.  Users purchasing in the Amsterdam datacenter starting today will see activations in February 2021.  Users purchasing in the Paris data center starting today will see activations in May 2021.

Thank you for your patience as you wait for your Shadow! While you wait for activation, we hope you take a moment to browse the forum to see what else the community is buzzing about. A good place to start is always with introducing yourself to #TeamShadow :)

As a reminder:
-We activate Monday through Thursday

-Beginning at 8am local time each day for each datacenter

Below is the activation information by datacenter. You can check which datacenter you belong to here

CHICAGO:

Activations this week:

October 23rd - October 25th

If pre-order date is October 26th or later:

Activation by end of November 2020

*User’s account pages should now reflect the proper timeframe/date for activations

TEXAS:

Activations this week:
Live - Within 24 hours

NEW YORK:

Activations this week:

September 7th - September 14th

If pre-order date is September 14th - October 5th:

Activation by end of December 2020

If pre-order date is October 5th or later:

Activation by end of January 2021

SANTA CLARA:

Activations this week:

October 23rd - October 25th

If pre-order date is October 26th - November 2nd:

Activation by end of November 26th, 2020

If pre-order date is November 2nd or later:

*User’s account pages should now reflect the proper timeframe/date for activations

PARIS:
🥖

Activations cette semaine :

26 juin - 30 juin

Date de précommande comprise entre 30 juin - 30 juillet :

Activation prévue d’ici fin novembre 2020 **

Date de précommande comprise entre 30 juillet - 20 août :
Activation prévue d’ici fin décembre 2020
Date de précommande comprise entre 20 août  - 14 septembre :

Activation prévue d’ici fin février 2021

Date de précommande comprise entre 14 septembre - 22 octobre :

Activation prévue d’ici fin mars 2021

Date de précommande comprise entre 22 octobre - 2 novembre:

Activation prévue d’ici fin avril 2021

Date de précommande à partir du 2 novembre:

Activation prévue d’ici fin mai 2021
**certaines activations estimées pour novembre vont malheureusement être retardées à décembre 2020. Les utilisateurs impactés recevront un email d'ici la fin de cette semaine.

🇬🇧

Activations this week:

June 26th - June 30th

If pre-order is between June 30th - July 30th
Activation by end of November 2020**

If pre-order date is between July 30th - August 20th:
If pre-order date is August 20th - September 14th:

Activation by end of February 2021

If pre-order date is September 14th - October 22nd:

Activation by end of March 2021

If pre-order date is October 22nd - November 2nd:

Activation by end of April 2021

Activation by end of May 2021

**some users that were estimated for a November activation will unfortunately be delayed until December 2020 for their Shadow to be activated. Impacted users should receive an email by the end of this week.

AMSTERDAM:

🇩🇪

Aktivierungen diese Woche:

4. September - 7. September

Vorbestelldatum zwischen 7. September - 05. Oktober:

Voraussichtliche Aktivierung bis Ende Dezember 2020 

Vorbestelldatum zwischen 05. Oktober - 02. November:

Voraussichtliche Aktivierung bis Ende Januar 2021 

Vorbestelldatum ist der 02. November oder später:
Voraussichtliche Aktivierung bis Ende Februar 2021 

🇬🇧

Activations this week:
September 4th - September 7th

If pre-order date is September 7th - October 5th:

If pre-order date is October 5th - November 2nd:

Activation by end of January 2021

Activation by end of February 2021

To learn what “Activation” means and what it takes to activate your Shadow, check out this post:
https://forum.shadow.tech/activation-account-billing-31/activation-58

40 replies

Hey! 

I hope setting the new servers isn’t too much of a hassle with the ongoing health issues. 

Just wanted to point out a small discrepancy:

- Ordered my Shadow Boost on July 23th (said I’ll receive my Shadow in November) (Paris Datacenter btw)
- I received a mail today saying that my Shadow Boost will be delivered (hopefully) by the end of December 2020
- Here, I see that, ordered placed between June 30th and July 30th will be delivered by the end of November 2020

I don’t really mind the delay, just wanted to point that out since it’s a tad confusing! Hoping I’ll get mine before Cyberpunk 2077 comes out! No biggies if it doesn’t!

Bisous,
- Akooph

Ok, so my activation date is the 8th of September in Amsterdam. I was excited when they activated a week up to the 31st August in Amsterdam, then a little annoyed when it was only 4 days up ‘til the 4th. Now it feels a bit cruel, but I’ve waited this long, I can wait another week. Hopefully. (Or just try and squeeze the 8th of september into the amsterdam activations ok thanks byeeeeeeeee) :P

@Akooph Thanks, I just received the information myself so it’s now updated.

Thanks for the update! I’m super excited for January 2021.

Does Switzerland belong to Amsterdam activation?

For the New York Datacenter, the activation dates completely miss November 2020, I feel as tho this is a bit of misinformation. More accurate times could help a lot of people! It is also the same on the “Available on” date in “My Orders”. I ordered on September 20, 2020: NY Datacenter.

Ok SUPER , bravo c’est rapide , c’est payer en le 24 juillet , on me dis config prête en novembre et la je reçois malheureusement , blabla blabla blabla finalement en décembre .. 😃 BRAVOOOOO l’équipe !

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Does Switzerland belong to Amsterdam activation?

Nope. Paris.

Another delay in delivery, not even compensation or other to make customers wait ...

Hi

re-editing in english...

I pre-ordered the 25th of July. You indicate on this page “end of November” for pre-order date between 30 of June and 30 of July, but end of December by email ?

PARIS:
🥖

[...]

Date de précommande comprise entre 30 juin - 30 juillet :

Activation prévue d’ici fin novembre 2020 

Are you providing wrong information here, or do you announce a worse date and you finally deliver earlier (which I doubt though) ?

Can you justify such discrepencies ? That would be a minimum if you are professionnals.

Merci

I pre-ordered on Oct 26, so hopfully mine will be actived by next week. :o

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Are you providing wrong information here, or do you announce a worse date and you finally deliver earlier (which I doubt though) ?

Can you justify such discrepencies ? That would be a minimum if you are professionnals.

Merci

The french translation misses this part :
**some users that were estimated for a November activation will unfortunately be delayed until December 2020 for their Shadow to be activated. Impacted users should receive an email by the end of this week.
Do you need help translating this ?

Hi Ak. Thank you for your answer.

I don’t need help to translate what you wrote, I just wanted to understand why in this page, it is indicated “Paris: delivery date end of November for pre-order done between June 30 and July 30” , when I received an email saying “we are trying to deliver for end of December” which not coherent with what i see here though, and it’s not very optimistic either.

If you are saying now that it will be early December that’s already better but now I have 3 contradictious informations :laughing:

1. email: end of December “best effort” (which to me means probably 2021...)
  2. this page, refered by the email: end of November
  3. you: early December

So where is the truth ?

Of course there are bigger problematics around the world now, but 4, 5 or 6 months to get a small GTX1080 setup ? it’s hard to believe that covid19 pandemy is the only reason.

Anyway, “patience is mother of all vertues” as we say here ;)

Cheers

This is one of worst activations checks i ever have seen.

Serious buisness`?

i preordered my shadow boost on November 1st so i guess I'm waiting until January? im new to shadow sorry 

Damn I wish UK activations were happening out of Amsterdam rather than Paris. Any reason for Paris activations running so much slower in one compared to the other? And don’t get me started on the practically non-existent delays for NA! :stuck_out_tongue:

Given that the window for activation for Paris in April 2021 is now only two weeks, are there plans to allocate additional resources here? Otherwise if the trend continues the wait time is only going to grow...

i ordered my service 5th june 2020 from the uk 

still waiting for my activation date was told October 2020 but still have not heard anything 

What's the deal with me having to wait a whole nother month for my activation?

Damn I wish UK activations were happening out of Amsterdam rather than Paris. Any reason for Paris activations running so much slower in one compared to the other? And don’t get me started on the practically non-existent delays for NA! :stuck_out_tongue:

I think part of it is because the US isn’t isn’t in lock-down yet. :U

Hello,

I placed my order on July 14th.
If I don't receive the email to postpone the activation to December this week, my activation should still be done this month?

Cheers

Badge

I’m a little confused, my preorder is with the Amsterdam data centre and you say you are activating orders that were placed between the 4th and 7th September this week. I placed mine on the 1st September but my account says my Shadow will be available April 2021?

Just Wana know I just saw two 🇬🇧s I dont know which one to look at

Ny guy right here:

so happy to reactivate my shadow!

ordered mine the 22nd of September hoping I get activated next weeeeeek!!!!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Just Wana know I just saw two 🇬🇧s I dont know which one to look at

Use the one under “Paris”. Not Amsterdam.