11/09 Weekly Post: Shadow Boost Activation Update

• 9 November 2020
  • 64 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Update: As of 11/12 8:00am PT, AMS activations have been posted below.  Thank you for your patience.

Update: As of 11/10 8:09 am PT, PA activations have been posted below.  Thank you for your patience.

Disclaimer: As of 11/09 9:33 am PT, we have not received activation information for the EU data centers.  This article and disclaimer will be updated once we receive this information.  We apologize for the delay and appreciate your understanding.

Hey #TeamShadow,

Welcome to this week’s activation update!

🥖 Tu es francophone ? Consulte la partie “PARIS” pour obtenir des infos sur les activations. ⚠ Les commentaires se font uniquement en anglais.

🇩🇪 Du bist deutschsprachig? Informationen über Aktivierungen für Deutschland findest du im Abschnitt "Amsterdam". ⚠ Bitte kommentiere hier nur auf Englisch.

This week’s activations are rolling along at a steady pace across all datacenters. At this time, I have no update for EU.

Thank you for your patience as you wait for your Shadow! While you wait for activation, we hope you take a moment to browse the forum to see what else the community is buzzing about. A good place to start is always with introducing yourself to #TeamShadow :)

As a reminder:

-We activate Monday through Thursday

-Beginning at 8am local time each day for each datacenter

Below is the activation information by datacenter. You can check which datacenter you belong to here

CHICAGO:

Activations this week:

October 25th - November 8th

If pre-order date is November 8th or later:

Activation by end of November 2020

TEXAS:

Activations this week:

Live - Within 24 hours

NEW YORK:

Activations this week:

September 14th - September 23rd

If pre-order date is September 23rd - October 5th:

Activation by end of December 2020

If pre-order date is October 5th or later:

Activation by end of January 2021

SANTA CLARA:

Activations this week:

October 25th-November 3rd

If pre-order date is November 3rd or later:

PARIS:

🥖

Activations cette semaine :

30 juin - 6 juillet

Date de précommande comprise entre 7 juin - 30 juillet :

Activation prévue d’ici fin novembre 2020 **

Date de précommande comprise entre 30 juillet - 20 août :

Activation prévue d’ici fin décembre 2020

Date de précommande comprise entre 20 août  - 14 septembre :

Activation prévue d’ici fin février 2021

Date de précommande comprise entre 14 septembre - 22 octobre :

Activation prévue d’ici fin mars 2021

Date de précommande comprise entre 22 octobre - 2 novembre:

Activation prévue d’ici fin avril 2021

Date de précommande à partir du 2 novembre:

Activation prévue d’ici fin mai 2021

**certaines activations estimées pour novembre vont malheureusement être retardées à décembre 2020. Les utilisateurs impactés recevront un email d'ici la fin de cette semaine.

🇬🇧

Activations this week:

June 30th - July 6th

If pre-order is between July 7th - July 30th

Activation by end of November 2020**

If pre-order date is between July 30th - August 20th:

If pre-order date is August 20th - September 14th:

Activation by end of February 2021

If pre-order date is September 14th - October 22nd:

Activation by end of March 2021

If pre-order date is October 22nd - November 2nd:

Activation by end of April 2021

If pre-order date is November 2nd or later:

Activation by end of May 2021

**some users that were estimated for a November activation will unfortunately be delayed until December 2020 for their Shadow to be activated. Impacted users should receive an email by the end of this week.

AMSTERDAM:

🇩🇪

Aktivierungen diese Woche:

7. September - 9. September

Vorbestelldatum zwischen 09. September - 05. Oktober:

Voraussichtliche Aktivierung bis Ende Dezember 2020 

Vorbestelldatum zwischen 05. Oktober - 01. November:

Voraussichtliche Aktivierung bis Ende Januar 2021 

Vorbestelldatum ist der 02. November oder später:

Voraussichtliche Aktivierung bis Ende Februar 2021 

🇬🇧

Activations this week:

September 7th - September 9th

If pre-order date is September 9th - October 5th:

If pre-order date is October 5th - November 1st:

Activation by end of January 2021

If pre-order date is November 2nd or later:

Activation by end of February 2021

To learn what “Activation” means and what it takes to activate your Shadow, check out this post:

https://forum.shadow.tech/activation-account-billing-31/activation-58

64 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

So wait trying to understand how this works. After i picked my state it was saying activation was up to 24 hrs but on this post it’s saying end of nov. Not sure what one is the right one. I live in Michigan. Any one can help me out on this so i understand better.

To my understanding they are backed up so the activation could take up to the end of november. I'm guessing you are talking about the chicago data centers btw.

Yes well damn 😞. Its ok i can wait but damn i can’t wait to play the new call of duty cold war.

Yeah I'm also waiting for activation, it sucks.

How long have you been waiting now.

Only a day but I'm hoping it can be activated sometime this week as the only activate Monday-Thursday

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

O so the team will not do it over the weekend. Ok now that is why i have not seen my activation  yet.

why is amsterdam in german? and it says december but dont know if it begin december or end.

Wait have i read this correctly or if i ordered after november 2, my shadow is expected to go live at september NEXT year ??? Am I supposed to pay monthly subscription until then to use this ? I am kinda sad since i need this to play with my gf like now cause she went abroad studying and this is a way to spend time together...

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

So wait trying to understand how this works. After i picked my state it was saying activation was up to 24 hrs but on this post it’s saying end of nov. Not sure what one is the right one. I live in Michigan. Any one can help me out on this so i understand better.

To my understanding they are backed up so the activation could take up to the end of november. I'm guessing you are talking about the chicago data centers btw.

Yes well damn 😞. Its ok i can wait but damn i can’t wait to play the new call of duty cold war.

Yeah I'm also waiting for ac

How long have you been waiting now.

aainmn I got my shadow pc this morning did you. Its really cool. This will hold me off tell i get a gaming rig next year for sure.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Wait have i read this correctly or if i ordered after november 2, my shadow is expected to go live at september NEXT year ??? Am I supposed to pay monthly subscription until then to use this ? I am kinda sad since i need this to play with my gf like now cause she went abroad studying and this is a way to spend time together...

From what i understand you will not pay monthly tell your pc is ready. My order was kicking it on my bank statement tell about late last not my payment gone though. This morning got up my shadow pc was ready to go.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

With such extensive backorders for some data centers, can you change your operating times to play catch up? It is working four days a week instead of five has to be taking a toll. 

If you only work four days a week. While orders are always coming in for seven days a week, it will take a long time to catch up. Having the additional day to assemble the Shadow Blades would make a big difference. Setting up new accounts five days a week still leaves people the weekend off. 

Or offer flexible schedules. Have the regular folks that work the Monday to Thursday and the crew that's Friday through Sunday.  Then your setting up new accounts every day new orders are able to come through. 

However you split the hours up being able to set up more accounts during the week would be beneficial. Both your customers and your business operations. You'll have more active subscriptions each week. But activating new accounts on Fri, Sat, & Sun you will nearly have doubled the accounts activatable in a week.

Building up your customer base faster will help spread word of mouth and build Shadow's reputation.

I'm at the point where I would pay extra to activate my account today and pay a years subscription. More if able. 

Please consider bringing in more help for the data center off days. 

The problem is and has always been extremely poor customer management.

People who ordered later were activated earlier, wrong information was given out, etc.

The biggest joke is that Shadow lets more and more people pre-order, instead of stopping this, knowing that people have to wait forever. They don't give a shit.

The same goes for activating Ultra and Infinite...you get lied to, fucked with, stalled, and don't get any information.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

With such extensive backorders for some data centers, can you change your operating times to play catch up? It is working four days a week instead of five has to be taking a toll. 

If you only work four days a week. While orders are always coming in for seven days a week, it will take a long time to catch up. Having the additional day to assemble the Shadow Blades would make a big difference. Setting up new accounts five days a week still leaves people the weekend off. 

Or offer flexible schedules. Have the regular folks that work the Monday to Thursday and the crew that's Friday through Sunday.  Then your setting up new accounts every day new orders are able to come through. 

However you split the hours up being able to set up more accounts during the week would be beneficial. Both your customers and your business operations. You'll have more active subscriptions each week. But activating new accounts on Fri, Sat, & Sun you will nearly have doubled the accounts activatable in a week.

Building up your customer base faster will help spread word of mouth and build Shadow's reputation.

I'm at the point where I would pay extra to activate my account today and pay a years subscription. More if able. 

People who ordered later were activated earlier, wrong information was given out, etc.

The biggest joke is that Shadow lets more and more people pre-order, instead of stopping this, knowing that people have to wait forever. They don't give a shit.

The same goes for activating Ultra and Infinite...you get lied to, fucked with, stalled, and don't get any information.

I live in Michigan. It took only 3 days to get my stuff. You do understand we have this thing we call covid-19 going that makes it hard to get stuff done right now. The team over at shadow pc have done a great job doing what needs to be done when everyone is trying to do there best. That is all i will say on it.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I live in Michigan. It took only 3 days to get my stuff. You do understand we have this thing we call covid-19 going that makes it hard to get stuff done right now. The team over at shadow pc have done a great job doing what needs to be done when everyone is trying to do there best. That is all i will say on it.

Nice it took 3 days for you - hope you enjoy it.

People here posting are waiting for 6+ months ... I don't think you owe any right to tell those people "they have to understand" ... your are not in the same boat actually (aka different Data Center).

(I'm happily waiting btw).

So I ended up buying a gaming pc haha, for anyone who’s unsure if to do it or not I would say 1000% do it but keep shadow too. I work away a lot and trust me shadow is perfect for a long term solution to gaming on the go. I’ve had laptops etc etc but you can’t compare to shadow 100% these guys have done an amazing job at being innovative  

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Well it seems you aren’t around for a long time. Old customers who pre ordered Ultra/infinite in October 2019 where delayed already 2 times...even now we don’t get any information at all.

And if Covid-19 is such a big problem, then how about not accepting tons or orders again and again and again? They didn’t even put a note on the website ages ago stating “if you order now it will take several months”...no, just nothing and you even say they did a great job? Can’t be serious.

So to get that right. There is no way that Amsterdam Data Center will be able to speed up things?? February is still quite far away. Would be great if activation can already happen before christmas.

So to get that right. There is no way that Amsterdam Data Center will be able to speed up things?? February is still quite far away. Would be great if activation can already happen before christmas.

BrittaneyFromShadow