12/14 Weekly Post: Shadow Boost Activation Update

• 14 December 2020
  • 58 replies
12/14 Weekly Post: Shadow Boost Activation Update
  • Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Hey #TeamShadow,

Welcome to this week’s activation update!

🥖 Tu es francophone ? Consulte la partie “PARIS” pour obtenir des infos sur les activations. ⚠ Les commentaires se font uniquement en anglais.

🍺 Du bist deutschsprachig? Informationen über Aktivierungen für Deutschland findest du im Abschnitt "Amsterdam". ⚠ Bitte kommentiere hier nur auf Englisch.

This week’s activations are rolling along at a steady pace across all datacenters. We do not have activations scheduled in the AMS datacenter this week due to high peak usage.

Thank you for your patience as you wait for your Shadow! While you wait for activation, we hope you take a moment to browse the forum to see what else the community is buzzing about. A good place to start is always with introducing yourself to #TeamShadow :)

As a reminder:

-We activate Monday through Thursday

-Beginning at 8am local time each day for each datacenter

Below is the activation information by datacenter. You can check which datacenter you belong to here

CHICAGO:

Activations this week:

October 27th - December 13th

If pre-order date is December 13th or later:

Activation by mid December 2020

TEXAS:

Activations this week:

September 22nd - December 13th

NEW YORK:

Activations this week:

October 27th - November 7th

If pre-order date is between November 7th-November 26th:

Activation by end of January 2021

If pre-order date is November 26th or later:

Activation by end of February 2021

SANTA CLARA:

Activations this week:

December 4th - December 12th

If pre-order date is December 12th or later:

Activation by end of December 2020

PARIS:

🥖

Activations cette semaine :

29 juillet - 7 août

Date de précommande comprise entre 7 août  - 20 août :

Activation prévue d’ici fin décembre 2020

Date de précommande comprise entre 20 août  - 14 septembre :

Activation prévue d’ici fin février 2021

Date de précommande comprise entre 14 septembre - 22 octobre :

Activation prévue d’ici fin mars 2021

Date de précommande comprise entre 22 octobre - 2 novembre:

Activation prévue d’ici fin avril 2021

Date de précommande comprise entre 2 novembre - 17 novembre:

Activation prévue d’ici fin mai 2021

Date de précommande à partir du 17 novembre:

Activation prévue d’ici fin juin 2021

🇬🇧

Activations this week:

July 29th - August 7th

If pre-order date is between August 7th - August 20th:

If pre-order date is between August 20th - September 14th:

If pre-order date is between September 14th - October 22nd:

Activation by end of March 2021

If pre-order date is between October 22nd - November 2nd:

Activation by end of April 2021

If pre-order date is between November 2nd - November 17th:

Activation by end of May 2021

If pre-order date is November 17th or later:

Activation by end of June 2021

AMSTERDAM:

🍺

Aktivierungen diese Woche:

Keine**

Vorbestelldatum zwischen 25. September - 05. Oktober:

Voraussichtliche Aktivierung bis Ende Dezember 2020 

Vorbestelldatum zwischen 05. Oktober - 02. November:

Voraussichtliche Aktivierung bis Ende Januar 2021 

Vorbestelldatum zwischen 02. November - 17. November:

Voraussichtliche Aktivierung bis Ende Februar 2021 

Vorbestelldatum ist der 17. November oder später:

Voraussichtliche Aktivierung bis Ende März 2021 

**In dieser Woche sind keine Aktivierungen geplant, da in der letzten Woche hohe Auslastungsspitzen aufgetreten sind.

🇬🇧

Activations this week:

None**

If pre-order date is between September 17th - October 5th:

If pre-order date is between October 5th - November 2nd:

**This week, we do not have any activations scheduled due to high peak usage last week.

To learn what “Activation” means and what it takes to activate your Shadow, check out this post:

https://forum.shadow.tech/activation-account-billing-31/activation-58

58 replies

I'm in the Santa Clara zone and I put in for Shadow on the 12/9, I hope I get that sweet sweet email tomorrow. Time is running out!

Has anyone in this zone been activated yet?

*fingers crossed*

As I wrote last week, you really need to offer off-peak accounts. My internet is unusable between 4 and 11 pm anyway, so I’d be happy to to use the idle resources between midnight and 4 am and even pay for it…

Aside from my issues, I think there’s a sizeable amount of users for the Mo-Fr 8am-5pm slot that’s completely untapped because of long activation times atm.

i ordered recently, and there was a mess there i ordered by mistake to the UK(Paris) datacenter. i cancelled and then ordered again to the amsterdam datacenter. i dont see a activation date.

do i need to reorder? i ordered recently and gotta wait till end of april so might as well do this now rather than have a bad day on activation time and turns out i have fallen out of que due some website bug.

Hey #TeamShadow,

🥖 Tu es francophone ? Consulte la partie “PARIS” pour obtenir des infos sur les activations. ⚠ Les commentaires se font uniquement en anglais.

🇩🇪 Du bist deutschsprachig? Informationen über Aktivierungen für Deutschland findest du im Abschnitt "Amsterdam". ⚠ Bitte kommentiere hier nur auf Englisch.

This week’s activations are rolling along at a steady pace across all datacenters. We do not have activations scheduled in the AMS datacenter this week due to high peak usage.

Thank you for your patience as you wait for your Shadow! While you wait for activation, we hope you take a moment to browse the forum to see what else the community is buzzing about. A good place to start is always with introducing yourself to #TeamShadow :)

As a reminder:

Below is the activation information by datacenter. You can check which datacenter you belong to here

CHICAGO:

Activations this week:

TEXAS:

Activations this week:

NEW YORK:

Activations this week:

SANTA CLARA:

Activations this week:

PARIS:

🥖

29 juillet - 7 août

🇬🇧

Activations this week:

July 29th - August 7th

AMSTERDAM:

🇩🇪

Keine**

**In dieser Woche sind keine Aktivierungen geplant, da in der letzten Woche hohe Auslastungsspitzen aufgetreten sind.

🇬🇧

Activations this week:

None**

**This week, we do not have any activations scheduled due to high peak usage last week.

To learn what “Activation” means and what it takes to activate your Shadow, check out this post:

I Thought i chose Miami. and i dont see anything about Miami. it did say February on my account though.

@The-Arch I’m sorry, I don’t have specifics for individual Shadow activations.  Please reach out to our support team if you have any questions or need assistance.

@STEWARTonPC Miami is supported by our New York data center.  You can confirm this here: Shadow - Service status

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@Henry Loenwind 

Your shadow account can be used at any time of day as long as your active. As for your internet being unusable in the afternoon is a real phenomenon called prime time. (when kids get out of school) usually. -Gelgoog

My account was activated about three months ago. I‘m very satisfied with that.

But Shadow-Team, why don‘t you add new hardware if there were so high peak usage?

New members shouldn‘t have to wait several months.

Maybe you can give an insight so that we can understand it better.

Userlevel 2

But Shadow-Team, why don‘t you add new hardware if there were so high peak usage?

Nice to know that at least the wait is worth it and everything works fine :)

I‘m more than happy and I haven‘t had any trouble yet.

I use my Shadow every day.

Userlevel 2

I‘m more than happy and I haven‘t had any trouble yet.

I use my Shadow every day.

Nice, hope I get mine next week 🙂

May I express that I am not exactly happy about the additional 6-week delay for Amsterdam that just was announced?

I’m 2 days after the cut-off date for the last activation...

Userlevel 2

May I express that I am not exactly happy about the additional 6-week delay for Amsterdam that just was announced?

I can only agree with that! 

Lol. Waiting untill Jan 2021 No Activation in Dezember or What ? ,😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

This is Email from Shadow arrived yet :

Wir hatten gehofft, deinen Shadow im Dezember 2020 für dich bereitstellen zu können. Leider haben wir mit dem Start von Cyberpunk 2077 derzeit einen stark erhöhten Datenverkehr, der sich negativ auf dein Erlebnis mit Shadow auswirken könnte.

Deshalb haben wir uns entschlossen, die Aktivierung deines Shadows auf Ende Januar 2021 zu verschieben.

Think i cancel my Order and Play in GFN        

Userlevel 2

Funny is this paragraph: 

Wir wissen, dass diese Art von Nachricht frustrierend ist. Deshalb haben wir auch einen Forenthread erstellt, indem du die neuesten Aktivierungsinformationen finden kannst.

What is the point of the forum thread if the data is then changed again anyway or activations are paused?

same for me. I ordered on Oct 1st and expected to be activated last week. I understood the delay of one week because of the Cyberpunk release. But as it is with new games - the hype rapidly decreases after the first week of release. So the usage of shadow will be somewhat normal again by next week. It is already normal again with GeForce Now.

So we get a 6 weeks delay now? How is that justified? I really don‘t understand.

what a bullshit. getting pushed one week okay… is shit. now one week later i get pushed a month back. so i dont wait ¼ of a year but rather 1/3 of a year. Why did you take the money with the order? and than delay the shit out of it. Better give disscounts for keeping my money, without delivering your service.

I got a email today, as reason for the late access is the Cyberpunk release, but cyberpunk was Secluded! Can i get access this week?

I also believe the explanation with Cyberpunk is a bit weak. The usage will reduce significantly within the next 1 or two weeks. First, the game has not enough content and second. It’s not that good as it was hyped anyway, so ppl will not spend all day with this game. Look at Twitch. Not even the streamers spend too much time on it. You could just have said that because of the holidays you will not continue to activate. That I would have understood (except for that could have been announced sooner).

Still looking forward using this amazing approach to Game streaming. I believe it’s superior to all the other services out there.

BR

Userlevel 2

Are other data centers actually affected as well, or is cyberpunk only being played in Amsterdam?

Are other data centers actually affected as well, or is cyberpunk only being played in Amsterdam?

That’s a great question, which I’m looking forward to know the answer. Knowing shadow, they’ll probably ignore it like nothing has happened.

As people said, 1 week is fine, but now another pushback of an entire month? For a game that people aren’t even playing anymore? Like, what?? Even with the holidays, what’s stopping them from resuming it in the beginning of January?

If you want to delay an entire month, please just be honest with us, and don’t wait until there’s 3 days for the activation to tell every one that’s waiting that you’re doing this to us again.

What a shame.

Userlevel 2

THIS!

But sadly I can tell you exactly what’s going on. It’s pretty appearant that the data center in Amsterdam is just full. A business like them needs to plan ahead for peak usage. If they say that Cyberpunk has caused peak usage, it’s just them saying: “Shit, we calculated wrong. We need to build another center first”. Because if they are already at peak usage now, how would they fit anymore instances in that center? Exactly, they aren’t.  They are going for another location. Because also if there really was bandwidth left to scale up, there wouldn’t be a 6 week delay. And obviously: Cyberpunk didn’t just launch in Amsterdam.

But what’s actually bothering me is that we STILL have 3 months of activation time after a year when I first checked. Why is it so different between countries, when there should be even more preorders in the US than any other country? We live in 2020. You can buy a single chicken from Siberia and it comes with express delivery in a day. Well maybe not that, but close. So what’s holding you back in pumping the instances out like in the US? You know the exact number of instances preordered. Buy that hardware! It’s your business model after all. Because nobody can reasonably explain to me why you would STILL need 3 MONTHS to setup a VM after more than a YEAR. If my employees work like that, they’d be gone by monday.

I mean it’s obviously about money. They can't just stock up on instances, if they aren't used. That would be ridicliously expensive. But that’s no excuse to let us wait 3 MONTHS and then push it back even further. I mean we are talking about Amsterdam here! Not the god damn jungle. Get your supply chain together...

So, i registered in Deutschland on 29. September and will be activated this week or not? :)

NO!  This Week No Aktivations in AMS 😡😡😡.   Also heißt es noch warten 

WHATT?? 😮😮😞 :(

bin sehr sehr enttäuscht bei der Bestellung hieß 2 Monate warten warte dann fast 4 monate wie könnt ihr euch das heraus nehmen auf meine Anfrage wie das mit meiner Aktivation aussieht habt ihr geantwortet das ihr auf das kein Einfluss habt und jetzt könnt ihr bestimmt das ich nicht aktiviert werde Frechheit so geht mann mit den kleinen Bürgern. 

Mobile e mail

Hey #TeamShadow,

🍺 Du bist deutschsprachig? Informationen über Aktivierungen für Deutschland findest du im Abschnitt "Amsterdam". ⚠ Bitte kommentiere hier nur auf Englisch.

As a reminder:

CHICAGO:

Activations this week:

TEXAS:

Activations this week:

NEW YORK:

Activations this week:

SANTA CLARA:

Activations this week:

PARIS:

🥖

29 juillet - 7 août

🇬🇧

Activations this week:

July 29th - August 7th

AMSTERDAM:

🍺

Keine**

🇬🇧

Activations this week:

None**

Its a shame first at the order they tell u 2 MONTH u have to wait this in 2020 then they dont activation me i have to ask they tell me its no in there hand to activate  me then they tell me beacuse a game came out they cannot activatE me after all 4 month i habe to wait what do u thing ho u are !!!!!!!! 

So, i registered in Deutschland on 29. September and will be activated this week or not? :)

NO!  This Week No Aktivations in AMS 😡😡😡.   Also heißt es noch warten 

Hab ne Email von Shadow bekommen, dass ich jetzt erst im Januar aktiviert werde.

Habe am 28. September vorbestellt...

Pre-ordered the 10th of August. Maybe this week is the right one….