12/21 Weekly Post: Shadow Boost Activation Update

• 21 December 2020
  • 97 replies
12/21 Weekly Post: Shadow Boost Activation Update

Show first post

97 replies

Just got activated in the AMS data center despite them saying it‘ll take until the end of January! Ordered on October 1st 2020. Looking forward to test it out later very much.

Does Shadow have any near future plans to use the RTX 3080/3090 cards?

Probably the equivalent in Infinite? I know they are getting the Titan GTX.

Urg, I lost my Shadow in a move because I didn’t budget it in...2 years of storage lost...I remember when we had two weeks to fix account problems instead of 3 days...just reactivated and I see I have to wait till the 21st. Not thrilled, but I’ll be patient I guess.

This is a joke, i heard many of positive opinions about this site so ok i ordered for myself 4 days ago and what? Nothing so i go to my page and i see my activation will be available on July 29 XD 

What is wrong with this site can’t you order more servers or hire more ppl to gain more money? I know is way better than GeForce Now or something bcs u got your own PC but this times….. I wanna play and i have to wait 6 months? I will wait till 10th and i will cancel pre-order thats not worth….

This is a joke, i heard many of positive opinions about this site so ok i ordered for myself 4 days ago and what? Nothing so i go to my page and i see my activation will be available on July 29 XD 

What is wrong with this site can’t you order more servers or hire more ppl to gain more money? I know is way better than GeForce Now or something bcs u got your own PC but this times….. I wanna play and i have to wait 6 months? I will wait till 10th and i will cancel pre-order thats not worth….

hahah nice. how salty can a single person be

so i read about this and see thats the point for boost. so i ordered infinite on oct 29. 2019 . 

when ultra and infinite get any news on this? 

Hey im from the netherlands. Is it true i have to wait like for months to get my account ready?

Greetz Rhan

Hi there!

also curious. Cant wait ;-)

so i read about this and see thats the point for boost. so i ordered infinite on oct 29. 2019 . 

Hi there!

also curious. Cant wait ;-)

jea. but to be honest not much hope for it. cause they have removed the option to order shadow infinite and ultra.its just possible to order boost now . or maybe its a good sign , i dont know.so they finish first the preorders of infinite and ultra , hope its like this. will see

Hey im from the netherlands. Is it true i have to wait like for months to get my account ready?

Greetz Rhan

Hey, yes that’s true for people from europe and especially the netherlands. I waited 3 months for my shadow to be activated in Amsterdam. But let me tell you - it was worth every single day!

Hey Brittaney

I'm so hyped for my Shadow Infinite! Waiting since October 30th, 2019. Hopefully it gets activated in January. "Beginning of 2021" does hopefully not mean anywhere between Q1 of 2021…

<3

Hi ,

when does the next activation update come?

I ordered on the 20th of october in 2020.

I´m really hyped now - can´t wait to get my determined activation date…

KR 

Hey.

I wanna give hope to all that are still waiting for activation.

I ordered 29th of September. I received the email saying activation will be delayed until end of January. However, my Shadow was activated last week and it works and runs very nice. Also Joystick Input is not a problem, if you know how to set everything up, but basically it is very easy.

I will probably upgrade when possible as Star Citizen (my only game right now) unfortunately does not run very smooth on boost, but it’s only related to RAM. I believe other games will run very great.

From the connection side as well as stream quality is great with a 50MB/s connection. I do not feel any lag so far.

BR

Userlevel 1

Yes! Finally I have been activated, Paris data centre and ordered on 22nd August 2020. 

Now I just need my broadband to come back online, typical to go down on day of activation!

Yes! Finally I have been activated, Paris data centre and ordered on 22nd August 2020. 

Now I just need my broadband to come back online, typical to go down on day of activation!

Nice. I’m 29 Sept and Paris data centre so still a little while for me!

Userlevel 1

Hang in there, it soon comes around! Think I am going to try using it with a WiFi hotspot from my unlimited 4g mobile data !

I wish there was a way to get activated sooner. I bought this without realizing how horribly long it takes to get activated from Florida. Ugh. I'm gonna miss the cold war zombies week 😢

im so hyped… hope i get the activation soon… buy it at 29 Oct 2020

Userlevel 1

im so hyped… hope i get the activation soon… buy it at 29 Oct 2020

Boost version is ok, but not great… but not at all like promised… dont be too hyped, maybe youll get disapointed...

It's really sad that the comments in the 12/14 post about the postponed activation in Amsterdam are just ignored.So far I found the close customer contact really great, but here I would like to see more info with the current problems.

I find it hard to believe that the activation should be delayed by 6 weeks because of Cyberpunk.  I can't imagine that last week's load was as high as Cyberpunk's release week.It would be nice if the community managers could clarify this so that we can at least understand the decision. 

I totally agree to that. There has to be more information for the customers. It cant be right, that there are no activations due to high peaks. There should be an alternative solution. Waiting for better times cant be the the one and only option. Please let your customers know, how you would solve the problems and give us a valide activation date. Only transparency and an extensive communication will generate satisfied and loyalty customers.

I preordered the 22nd of December, here, in Texas, and it said it would’ve been ready within 24 hours, but in my account details it says that it will be available January 14, 2021, is that a hard date or is there a chance I receive my activation before then?

Did you get yours? says I have to wait 12 months