12/21 Weekly Post: Shadow Boost Activation Update

• 21 December 2020
  • 97 replies
12/21 Weekly Post: Shadow Boost Activation Update
Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Disclaimer: Due to holidays, this is the last activation update for this year but the team still plans on activating users during this time.  The next activation update post is scheduled for January 11th, 2021.  We will not be making any edits to this post.

Hey #TeamShadow,

Welcome to this week’s activation update!

🥖 Tu es francophone ? Consulte la partie “PARIS” pour obtenir des infos sur les activations. ⚠ Les commentaires se font uniquement en anglais.

🇩🇪 Du bist deutschsprachig? Informationen über Aktivierungen für Deutschland findest du im Abschnitt "Amsterdam". ⚠ Bitte kommentiere hier nur auf Englisch.

This week’s activations are rolling along at a steady pace across all datacenters. We do not have activations scheduled in the AMS datacenter this week due to another week of high peak usage.

Thank you for your patience as you wait for your Shadow! While you wait for activation, we hope you take a moment to browse the forum to see what else the community is buzzing about. A good place to start is always with introducing yourself to #TeamShadow :)

As a reminder:

-We activate Monday through Thursday

-Beginning at 8am local time each day for each datacenter

Below is the activation information by datacenter. You can check which datacenter you belong to here

CHICAGO:

Activations this week:

Within 24 hours*

If pre-order date is December 13th or later:

Activation by early January 2021

*Rate of activation may change depending on peak usage

TEXAS:

Activations this week:

Within 24 hours*

If pre-order date is December 13th or later:

Activation by early January 2021

*Rate of activation may change depending on peak usage

NEW YORK:

Activations this week:

November 7th - November 10th

If pre-order date is between November 10th-November 26th:

Activation by end of January 2021

If pre-order date is between November 26th-December 21st:

Activation by end of February 2021

If pre-order date is December 21st or later:

Activation by end of March 2021

SANTA CLARA:

Activations this week:

December 12th-December 14th

If pre-order date is between December 14th-December 21st:

Activation by end of December 2020

PARIS:

🥖

Activations cette semaine :

7 août - 9 août

Date de précommande comprise entre 9 août  - 20 août :

Activation prévue d’ici fin décembre 2020

Date de précommande comprise entre 20 août  - 14 septembre :

Activation prévue d’ici fin février 2021

Date de précommande comprise entre 14 septembre - 22 octobre :

Activation prévue d’ici fin mars 2021

Date de précommande comprise entre 22 octobre - 2 novembre:

Activation prévue d’ici fin avril 2021

Date de précommande comprise entre 2 novembre - 17 novembre:

Activation prévue d’ici fin mai 2021

Date de précommande comprise entre 17 novembre - 21 décembre:

Activation prévue d’ici fin juin 2021

Date de précommande à partir du 21 décembre:

Activation prévue d’ici fin juillet 2021

🇬🇧

Activations this week:

August 7th - August 9th

If pre-order date is between August 9th - August 20th:

If pre-order date is between August 20th - September 14th:

If pre-order date is between September 14th - October 22nd:

If pre-order date is between October 22nd - November 2nd:

Activation by end of April 2021

If pre-order date is between November 2nd - November 17th:

Activation by end of May 2021

If pre-order date is between November 17th - December 21st:

Activation by end of June 2021

Activation by end of July 2021

AMSTERDAM:

🇩🇪

Aktivierungen diese Woche:

Keine**

Vorbestelldatum zwischen 25. September - 05. Oktober:

Voraussichtliche Aktivierung bis Ende Dezember 2020 

Vorbestelldatum zwischen 05. Oktober - 02. November:

Voraussichtliche Aktivierung bis Ende Januar 2021 

Vorbestelldatum zwischen 02. November - 19. November:

Voraussichtliche Aktivierung bis Ende Februar 2021 

Vorbestelldatum zwischen 19. November - 10. Dezember:

Voraussichtliche Aktivierung bis Ende März 2021 

Vorbestelldatum zwischen 10. Dezember - 21. Dezember:

Voraussichtliche Aktivierung bis Ende April 2021 

Vorbestelldatum ist der 21. Dezember oder später:

Voraussichtliche Aktivierung bis Ende Mai 2021 

**In dieser Woche sind keine Aktivierungen geplant, da in der letzten Woche hohe Auslastungsspitzen aufgetreten sind.

🇬🇧

Activations this week:

None**

If pre-order date is between September 25th - October 5th:

If pre-order date is between October 5th - November 2nd:

If pre-order date is between November 2nd - November 19th:

If pre-order date is between November 19th - December 10th:

If pre-order date is between December 10th - December 21st:

Activation by end of April 2021

Activation by end of May 2021

**We do not have any activations scheduled due to high peak usage last week.

To learn what “Activation” means and what it takes to activate your Shadow, check out this post:

https://forum.shadow.tech/activation-account-billing-31/activation-58

97 replies

Userlevel 2

It's really sad that the comments in the 12/14 post about the postponed activation in Amsterdam are just ignored.So far I found the close customer contact really great, but here I would like to see more info with the current problems.

I find it hard to believe that the activation should be delayed by 6 weeks because of Cyberpunk.  I can't imagine that last week's load was as high as Cyberpunk's release week.It would be nice if the community managers could clarify this so that we can at least understand the decision. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@consol From what I understand, the team wants to ensure that current users actively using Shadow in the AMS data center have a positive experience.  This means making sure that no one is waiting in a queue, our resources aren’t be overloaded, etc.  Once they can confirm that users are having a stable experience, then they will continue to activate new users.  They will be monitoring the activations, capacity, and will take action accordingly throughout the holidays.

Hi Brittaney,

It is the last activation update but the team still working on activations ? I have preordered the 11th of august and I should received my shadow before the end of the year.

I wish you a merry xmas.

Paris

Activations cette semaine :

7 août - 9 août

Date de précommande comprise entre 9 août  - 20 août :

Activation prévue d’ici fin décembre 2020

Userlevel 1

Wait what, a guy on the 14/12 activation post said that he preordered on the 10th of august a boost in the paris server and got activated like 6 hours ago... but this post says that this week there will be activations from the 7th to the 9th august... something is wrong.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Benoît as mentioned in the disclaimer, the team will still be activating users over the holidays.  

@tomplayer This is the information I was given for this week from our activation team.

@consol From what I understand, the team wants to ensure that current users actively using Shadow in the AMS data center have a positive experience.  This means making sure that no one is waiting in a queue, our resources aren’t be overloaded, etc.  Once they can confirm that users are having a stable experience, then they will continue to activate new users.  They will be monitoring the activations, capacity, and will take action accordingly throughout the holidays.

yeah, but 6 weeks? There has to be another reason than just a game launch.

“The next activation update is scheduled for January 11th, 2021.” Does this mean that I will be activated January 11th?

I’ve preordered August 15th in Paris Data Centre

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Happye it’s not only due to the game launch.  Part of it is due to an increased number of users actively using Shadow on the AMS data center throughout the lockdown.

@Dres No, that’s the next time I plan to write an activation update due to holidays.

Userlevel 2

@Happye it’s not only due to the game launch.  Part of it is due to an increased number of users actively using Shadow on the AMS data center throughout the lockdown.

@Dres No, that’s the next time I plan to write an activation update due to holidays.

So activations will still be made by the 11th? 

Oh, okay.

Merry Xmas Brittaney

so what are chances for the AMS activations for september to october will be activated by end of decemeber my preorder was for 2nd of october and have a long christmas holiday :-)

Userlevel 2

so what are chances for the AMS activations for september to october will be activated by end of decemeber my preorder was for 2nd of october and have a long christmas holiday :-)

I'd like to know that, too.

wait untill Jan 21       

That would sound much more plausible if the activation queue hadn’t been a mile long for at least a year.

So, what’s stopping you from getting that queue down to a reasonable size? Do you (a) don’t have enough money to buy more hardware, (b) don’t have enough money to buy more rack space, or (C) prefer to have less customers? It can’t be manpower, you could have trained plenty of people in the last year. Unless you don’t have enough money to pay them. It also cannot be custom hardware, there was more than enough time to scale up production. Standard parts then? Also sounds a bit far-fetched after this long a time, but it could be possible for GPUs.

Userlevel 1

@Benoît as mentioned in the disclaimer, the team will still be activating users over the holidays. 

Wow, if the estimates are then met, I will be very positively surprised. I won’t hold my breath, though, having preordered on August 18, at the end of the estimate window.

It is truly disgusting how you mislead and deceive people in their activation. Me and many others have waited long enough. We want your damn shadow just as promised. But that you have audacity to then delay it for some cyberpunk. I have no words. You should be ashamed, hideous. 

I placed my order yesterday and it says my activation won’t be until March 29th. Is that a hard date, or could I receive it before then?

GB order on 17th August still not received now it’s saying September 25th - October 5th?

Hi there, I’m a bit confused because of the mail regarding delays due to CB77.

I pre-ordered on the 27th of sept, so following this post I still should be activated end of december right? 

Ramon

Hi there, I’m a bit confused because of the mail regarding delays due to CB77.

I pre-ordered on the 27th of sept, so following this post I still should be activated end of december right? 

Ramon

Some people will still receive it this month. But according to your mail you're not one of them. It'll be delayed til whatever datum is in your mail. 

If I’ve preordered 15th August in Paris Datacenter, will I suffer any delay? Or will I be activated next week?

If I’ve preordered 15th August in Paris Datacenter, will I suffer any delay? Or will I be activated next week?

I’ve also ordered on the 15th in the Paris Datacenter, I think we’ll still be activated next week as the team will be activating users in the background, although there will be no weekly post updates. So I’d advise you to pay attention either to your email or keep checking your account page.

Userlevel 1

I’ve also ordered on the 15th in the Paris Datacenter, I think we’ll still be activated next week as the team will be activating users in the background, although there will be no weekly post updates. So I’d advise you to pay attention either to your email or keep checking your account page.

If you guys get activated can you please update us here? I ordered the 19th of august so I'm really hyped :D

I preordered the 22nd of December, here, in Texas, and it said it would’ve been ready within 24 hours, but in my account details it says that it will be available January 14, 2021, is that a hard date or is there a chance I receive my activation before then?

Subscription paid. Monthly. Service not provided and time running.
Am I paying for the time?
Where is my shadow?