A new chapter begins | April 30th, 2021

A new chapter begins | April 30th, 2021
  • Anonymous
  • 0 replies

A new chapter has officially begun for Shadow. 

We are elated to join HubiC and combine forces in the relentless pursuit of making high-end computing accessible to all. Today, Shadow’s ambitions and potential have never been so high, and we can’t wait to get started.  

We will now come together as one to discuss the future of Shadow and get back to you soon with more details.

Have any questions? Drop them below. We’ll be featuring an FAQ with the top questions from the community.

This topic has been closed for comments

33 replies

I wonder how this will impact the monthly fee. Anyone who knows anything about virtual PC’s knows they cost a *lot* more than they are charging. Like, a lot a lot more.

Yes. Just been announced all subscription will be changed to 29.99 euro a month.

In terms of being transparent a word of advice to the shadow team. ‘Ignore customers at your own peril’.

That aside I was somewhat shocked at the new price given that my pre-order won’t be ready until September. This pushes my gaming budget to the fence. As no one seems to know yet if we will be getting the same or more for the increase I think I shall wait a while. I already have 2 months worth of sub with the pre-order payment and then the free one so I will probably try the service for those and then make a judgment if I feel the 29.99 is worth it,

For the casual gamer like myself where I have life obligations and can only log a few hours of gameplay a week *at most*, this is a no-go. I paid $12/month before this and am pretty sure my usage cost Shadow far less than that given how little I used the service. If Shadow doesn’t change course in the next week or so, I’ll drop my subscription and find another way to play my games.

I would rather Shadow price things similar to how cloud vendors do for managed services: pay for what you use. Shadow should charge storage fees and separate compute fees. If that doesn’t work, then there’s something wrong with how they’ve set up their infrastructure.

Userlevel 2
Badge

So now that you’re asking us when we want to accept the higher pricing model when are we going to hear about upgraded hardware for current Shadow customers? Because as it stands now Boost specs are several years old.

for 10 days i see activation on 29.07…..today i see activation 31.08…..i wait still since january…….i am verry dissapointed

A new chapter has officially begun for Shadow. 

We are elated to join HubiC and combine forces in the relentless pursuit of making high-end computing accessible to all. Today, Shadow’s ambitions and potential have never been so high, and we can’t wait to get started.  

We will now come together as one to discuss the future of Shadow and get back to you soon with more details.

Have any questions? Drop them below. We’ll be featuring an FAQ with the top questions from the community.

get back to you soon with more details. what a lie.

2 months later no more details…...i have the feeling, you are not interested in your community…..so what is with better hardware? the old ones, re outdated…..so for 29,99 euro, i thiink new hardware are very fair…..so give us them.

I signed up in March for the Paris datacenter and had an activation date of 29/12 paying monthly (paid £14.99) . This was just before the news of bankrupsy came through and everything got thrown up in the air.

I’ve watched a lot of people complaining (justifiably) about price increases and non fulfillment of previous 12m agreements, as well as upgraded versions not being delivered. So I have always been a bit doubtful I would actually recieve the service. I understand the reasons and don’t begrudge the team because of all that has been going on. 

A couple of weeks ago the date had changed to 29/11 and I got an email offering a free month before the price would go to £29.99 - again a free month for me is great. Yesterday I got an email out of the blue saying my account is now active, I logged in and played some games which are too powerful for my PC, and I thoughroughly enjoyed the experience. 

I’ve now basically got 2 months to decide if the service is worth £29.99/month to me - at the lower price, it definatly was and i’m sad I didn’t discover Shadow earlier (although i’d probably be cursing the price rises a bit more than I am) . 

My biggest concern though now is the lack of communication, a lot has obviously changed for them to bring my activation date forward by 5 months, but there has been no news for ages, other people still not recieved connections they ordered (on different datacenters). I really feel that a weekly blog post would benefit so many people as well as the company image, as right now the only publicity seems to be negative from frustrated customers, many of which are long term. 

I hope things start to become more transparent soon as im being asked to part with £360 a year, and for that money I want a decent level of customer service. 

I signed up in March for the Paris datacenter and had an activation date of 29/12 paying monthly (paid £14.99) . This was just before the news of bankrupsy came through and everything got thrown up in the air.

wow i am waiting since january, you since march, but you can use shadow?

i dont understand how you can use it earlier, because i have payed 2 months earlier than you, this is verry dissapointing….

i have the feeling this is because you pay 14,99 and i 12;99 dollar