Badge +4

Availability Update (04/06/2021)

Additional storage is currently sold out in the following Shadow data centers:

• Amsterdam
  • Santa Clara
  • New York
  • Texas
  • Chicago

Availability information can be found in your account page.

That’s right, Additional Storage is  available for all!

⚡️ Quick info

• Adding additional storage is done in 256 GB (HDD) increments.

• Each increment costs $2.99 per month.

• Maximum additional storage increments per account is 8 x 256GB (2 TB max).

• 2 Disks on Shadow:

• Disk C (SSD, base storage that comes with the configuration)

• Disk D (HDD additional storage)

• It can take up to 2 hours for your additional storage to appear on your Shadow after purchase.

• To access your new additional storage, fully shutdown Windows and reboot it.

And for you EU folks, additional storage is also still available in both our Pairs and Amsterdam datacenters.

Happy storage day, folks!

PS enjoy the space. 

All of you other fine folks can ORDER STORAGE NOW

14 replies

It's a shame that new games take so much space, but I'm glad to support the shadow community.

Finally storage! How do I add 1TB if I wanted too?

UPDATE I shut my shadow down and waited a few minutes and tried again and it worked fine. Keep up the great work Shadow Crew!

Awesome! But when I try to purchase I keep getting a popup that says “You need to shutdown your Shadow and restart it.”

I have shut down my shadow and tried, I have also restarted my shadow multiple times and I still get the same error message. Any tips?

Finally storage! How do I add 1TB if I wanted too?

If you go and login to your account information and scroll done to "Add Storage" you can do increments up to 8. This equates to 2 TB, which is what I did :)

Enjoy

I was so excited for this when it was announced this morning, however since purchasing my shadow instance refuses to start and I’m getting no love from support...please respond :pray:

I was so excited for this when it was announced this morning, however since purchasing my shadow instance refuses to start and I’m getting no love from support...please respond :pray:

Same here - probably a very busy day at the datacenters?

Same here. It says “Installing storage...” on my subscriptions page. I added it about 10 hours ago. The Shadow application says “Shadow is off” and I’m not able to start it. Any ideas if this is normal or how long it will take for me to be able to access my Shadow again?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

If you havent already, you use Disk Management to “Initialize your Drives”

Right Click Start Button for Disk Management
Extra Storage Available (Disk 1) - I chose MBR
Create New Simple Volume
I chose DEFAULT SETTINGS - 1 partition
Partition (Storage) set for D:\ or D Drive
Format NTFS
Check Settings before hitting Finish
Shadow Storage Initialized under This PC

There may be confusion in the wording.  On the Account Page it says that Storage is being installed, but it’s a Manually Added Feature on the User Side.

Shadow sets it up.  We knock it down.

Hope this helps!

@BattlebornDJ Your steps worked for me. Thank you!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@BattlebornDJ Your steps worked for me. Thank you!

Awesome!

👊🏾

Is sent in for the order yesterday and the website still says “installing storage” i saw something on the discord yesterday about not logging in till that message goes away, that was 24 hours ago…...and my ticket isent getting awnsered so i figured maybe someone here might know something?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Is sent in for the order yesterday and the website still says “installing storage” i saw something on the discord yesterday about not logging in till that message goes away, that was 24 hours ago…...and my ticket isent getting awnsered so i figured maybe someone here might know something?

Mine still shows Installing on the Account Side.

Initialize the Drive under Disk Management.

If the Drive is not there, it might be everyone hitting extra storage at once (e.g., your Support Ticket)

Mine still shows Installing on the Account Side.

Initialize the Drive under Disk Management.

If the Drive is not there, it might be everyone hitting extra storage at once (e.g., your Support Ticket)

Mine is also still showing “Installing storage…” on the account side after initializing the drive inside of Shadow.

Why won’t it let me order more storage?  I’m trying to get a total of 1tb.  However, I keep getting the error, Failed while updating additional storage try it later.