Celebrating 10k Forum Members & Introducing New Categories!

• 3 February 2021
  • 13 replies
Celebrating 10k Forum Members & Introducing New Categories!
Userlevel 6
Badge +4

We are excited to announce that, due to amazing Shadowers like you, we’ve reached 10k members on the Community Forum!  We appreciate all of your contributions throughout these 8 months and look forward to the road ahead!

Want to see some interesting stats from the forum?  Here they are!

Did you think that was it?  Far from it!

🐛🛠️Introducing our bug reporting and feature request categories!🛠️🐛

Got a bug that’s been bothering you or have a suggestion to improve Shadow?  We’d love to hear them!

Now, you can have your voice heard and have a real impact on the development of Shadow.  

• Stay in the know: real-time progress tracking of your submissions

• Get notifications: when your bugs are fixed and feature requests completed

• Join in the conversation: see what other features or bugs Shadow members are submitting

Check out our Bug Reporting and Feature Request Categories!

Thanks again for being such a lovely community!

13 replies

Userlevel 1

Thanks for adding the feature request and bug tracker! Congrats to 10k!

We need a browser version...for all the poor school chromebook users

They have a linux version. It works decent on my nephew’s HP Chromebook - he just boots (or I think it’s just a key combo actually) over to Linux. I think most of them have Ubuntu installed? I don’t know, I don’t use it. However, regardless of browser version or not, if your Chromebook doesn’t have some decent specs it won’t matter regardless. Hopefully you’ll get it going soon enough! :)

Chrome remote desktop works I think. Except shadow turns off automatically. so you have to turn it back on using the phone app.

Chrome remote desktop works I think. Except shadow turns off automatically. so you have to turn it back on using the phone app.

Well hell, there you go!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Grats on 10k

Stadia is now moving in a different direction.

GFN is good...just got Chromebook and Chrome Browser support... Publishers Hate It🤷🏾‍♂️

But I read about Shadow in Late 2020😳

Activated😁

Shadow Boost, what's on your Device?

Shadow Boost, keeping the Cloud alive.

Shadow Boost knows what Bo knew.

----- yes these are older references so no they won't make sense unless you a 80s and 90s Kid👊🏽

#TeamShadow

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@XyphoniX 

If you want to fill out a feature request please use the following template: 

• Describe the Feature (required)

• Provide a detailed description of the feature

• If possible, see if you can come up with a valid solution for implementation

• Any extra details you may want to put in specific to this feature. 

• Application/device

• Additional Context

-Gelgoog

Badge

They have a linux version. It works decent on my nephew’s HP Chromebook - he just boots (or I think it’s just a key combo actually) over to Linux. I think most of them have Ubuntu installed? I don’t know, I don’t use it. However, regardless of browser version or not, if your Chromebook doesn’t have some decent specs it won’t matter regardless. Hopefully you’ll get it going soon enough! :)

That is for x86 chromebooks. ARM doesn't. You could use the Android version then but doesn't work stable the longer you use it.

I have a kinda crappy chromebook but GeForce Now works great on it. I hope Shadow will support some proper Chromebook support, it’ll make me use the service way more then I do now!

Shadow Vr alpha has so much potential .it’s good but every time you move the screen just starts shaking

Userlevel 1

Shadow Vr alpha has so much potential .it’s good but every time you move the screen just starts shaking

I troubleshot my setup for about 3 days before I got it working. The problem: My WiFi signal was showing many bars but I was dropping a lot of packets and having high latency. This was because I am upstairs and the wireless router is downstairs. When I went downstairs into the room of the wireless router, it worked perfect! Check your latency and packet loss.

Hello, People nice to see yall and also if you would like to add me on discord and chat to me you can im just trying to learn code and i play games aswell so if any of you guys can code or what type of guys you play i will be willing to play with you lot discord is 🅼🅰🆃🆃🆈🅲🅱🆃🆆😎🎧#7478

10k members? more like 10k people waiting to get activated