Sticky News

FAQ Shadow Ultra & Shadow Infinite Delay

FAQ Shadow Ultra & Shadow Infinite Delay

Show first post

107 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@LucFromShadow you simply ignoring it? Great job as a CM … 

@LucFromShadow Give us EU customers some news!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey @Wellnice, as previously mentioned we have no news to announce at this time on this topic. We’ll let you know when there’s new information to share. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hey @Wellnice, as previously mentioned we have no news to announce at this time on this topic. We’ll let you know when there’s new information to share. 

Ridiculous. 2021 is in 4 weeks...I bet you’ll come up with the next lie, why we can’t get what we preordered in 2019(!!!) while magically US/Korea gets Ultra/Infinite...just ridiculous.

If you can’t tell by now, 4 weeks ahead of 2021...at least you could be honest and say “beginning of 2021 isn't realistic at all”.

When I pre-order an Shadow Infinite (more than 1 year ago) It was mostly because I was waiting for Cyberpunk 2077 and I knew that Shadow PC was pretty slow to activate new setup (I have to wait so long to order an extra drive space :joy: ) Anyway … CD Projekt were very late but Shadow are champions … More than one year. The point is, the actual “shadow boost” is the minimal specs to play Cyberpunk in HD without RTX… Ok, that’s sad. But the more powerfull spec (Infinite) is the medium spec to play Cyberpunk in HD+ with RTX… I mean, after one and an half year, the infinite specs are already outdated for advanced games. You basically have sold things you were not sure to be able to provide. That a huge management mistake. Wake up guys… Whoever is you CEO, you need to fire him and get someone more competent with this kind of project. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

That’s correct. But the thing that makes me very angry is, that they are not honest with us. They delay it over and over again and now 2021 isn’t even 4 weeks away and we don’t get any information at all.

I have never experienced such pathetic customer communication.

By now they should be able to tell whether we will get our preorders or not... but what do they choose to do? Again nothing.

We were promised more transparent communication after the absolutely miserable course in February...once again a lie.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Welcome to the beginning of 2021.

Half a year after the last official statement and we still know nothing. Will there be another delay? If you can’t provide us with more information now I will count this as a “yes, there will be another delay”. You had 430 days (more than 14 months since the announcement) - plenty of time. 

The next 4 weeks will decide whether I cancel my preorder from 2019 and upgrade my computer or stay with Shadow. This is more than ridiculous at this point.

Whoever is you CEO, you need to fire him and get someone more competent with this kind of project. 

Actually, a friend of mine told me that the CEO resigned last year because of a change of strategy. And that is because clearly the strategy is not to promote anyhthing else than Shadow boost anymore. Their strategy is to get big and be everywhere in the world with boost. Not to satisfy us with higher and good value products.

I’m ok with that strategy even if I’m not fond of it, but at least Shadow, be transparent. Informe us regularly and be honest with us. Don’t use the covid excuse. China has been working again for months now, there is no covid problems there anymore.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@LucFromShadow 
@BrittaneyFromShadow 

We still get ignored or will there FINALLY be information???
In case you missed it, we already have 2021 now...

Userlevel 1

Dear support,

Shadow Boost does not perform well. It gets only about 5,7k score in 3D Mark Time Spy, because of Xeon E5 CPU bottleneck (performance is like a i5 6600k with GTX 980).

Now I am afraid of Ultra edition also performing lower then expected, and not recommended for resolutions above Full HD with higher quality settings or raytracing, especially on Next Gen Games.

I really appreciate cloud gaming, but at the moment a local pc with 3070 GPU and fitting CPU seems to be the better choice.

Will you replace 2080 Ti with 3080 GPU? Which CPU is used with Shadow Ultra?

With all best wishes

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Dear support,

Shadow Boost does not perform well. It gets only about 5,7k score in 3D Mark Time Spy, because of Xeon E5 CPU bottleneck (performance is like a i5 6600k with GTX 980).

Now I am afraid of Ultra edition also performing lower then expected, and not recommended for resolutions above Full HD with higher quality settings or raytracing, especially on Next Gen Games.

I really appreciate cloud gaming, but at the moment a local pc with 3070 GPU and fitting CPU seems to be the better choice.

With all best wishes

You can find dozens of videos of people benchmarking and testing Ultra and Infinite on Youtube.

Userlevel 1

Dear support,

With all best wishes

You can find dozens of videos of people benchmarking and testing Ultra and Infinite on Youtube.

Thank you very much. I have found an Ultra Benchmark Score for Time Spy on YT: 7874.

Now I got the information I need.

With all best wishes

Userlevel 2

Just tuned in to see whether I could “pre”-order infinite or ultra in the near feature (cause Boost with 2,5Ghz CPU is ridiculously slow and definitley no where near the advertised 3,4Ghz). To see all this comments of people who preordered infinite and ultra back in 2019 and still not getting it makes me even quit Boost by the end of this year to invest in a new PC. If there would be any kind of information for us, maybe I would stick to it and wait. But seeing even the information already given in the past has been incorrect a few times, makes my descision on this even clearer. Sorry - at the beginning, I was really amazed by Shadow. Now it is getting quite … old. Guys - you are loosing customers here.

Userlevel 1

Just tuned in to see whether I could “pre”-order infinite or ultra in the near feature (cause Boost with 2,5Ghz CPU is ridiculously slow and definitley no where near the advertised 3,4Ghz). To see all this comments of people who preordered infinite and ultra back in 2019 and still not getting it makes me even quit Boost by the end of this year to invest in a new PC. If there would be any kind of information for us, maybe I would stick to it and wait. But seeing even the information already given in the past has been incorrect a few times, makes my descision on this even clearer. Sorry - at the beginning, I was really amazed by Shadow. Now it is getting quite … old. Guys - you are loosing customers here.

Nothing really is like advertised… cpu speed varies between 2,5 and 3,2 ghz, but not the advertised 3,4. the gpu is advertised similar to gtx 1080, its more like a 1060 oc with more vram. Ssd disk drive advertised, scsi devices are used… yeah by the end of february my subscription ends… dont think that i will continue using...

Userlevel 2

Nothing really is like advertised… cpu speed varies between 2,5 and 3,2 ghz, but not the advertised 3,4. the gpu is advertised similar to gtx 1080, its more like a 1060 oc with more vram. Ssd disk drive advertised, scsi devices are used… yeah by the end of february my subscription ends… dont think that i will continue using...

This is what bothers me the most about it. They could tell people the real specs and still, there would be enough people to rent and test it (including me). Actually, I enjoyed gaming on a different device - starting it up with just a quick click. But when it comes to CPU-hungry games (like MSFS2020), it lacks because they used cheap CPUs (like - the CPU used were published in 2k15 and now cost about 200 Euros). Thats not very expensive for a server CPU. And product specs of it clearly tell, that it never reaches 3,4 Ghz. I never saw it on 3,1 either but this could be due to virtualization. Nevertheless, it really is sad indeed.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Almost 6 months have passed… not a single word.

Userlevel 4
Badge

They won’t say a word.

I predict that they will just send an e-mail for the third delay on January 29th, just like last year.

One year since the first delay and we still have no idea when to expect our pre-orders. The fact that they don’t even want to give a clear statement smells fishy to me. I’ve been a customer since 2018, so almost 3 years without a single upgrade now. The second delay in summer 2020 was already unacceptable, but this is a next-gen failure. At this rate, Infinite will be the first and last upgrade.

It's probably a good time to cancel now to cut further losses.

Userlevel 2

If the delays are due to C-19, why is this available already in the US, which had Shadow much later than in the EU? No info in the forum post below my order, which is all Boost info. The moderator of that page suggested I make a support call... which I did and they told me nothing, directing me here for more information.

Really? Still waiting. Leaving your most loyal customers in a complete vacuum, with the promise of hardware that, fifteen months later, is obsolete already, is not great customer service. All we're asking for is updates...not "here is a deadline and as soon as we're near it we'll move that deadline on for "reasons".

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

If the delays are due to C-19, why is this available already in the US, which had Shadow much later than in the EU? No info in the forum post below my order, which is all Boost info. The moderator of that page suggested I make a support call... which I did and they told me nothing, directing me here for more information.

Really? Still waiting. Leaving your most loyal customers in a complete vacuum, with the promise of hardware that, fifteen months later, is obsolete already, is not great customer service. All we're asking for is updates...not "here is a deadline and as soon as we're near it we'll move that deadline on for "reasons".

@LucFromShadow “If the delays are due to C-19, why is this available already in the US”

If you're still going to ignore us, which somehow has little to do with your job, maybe you'll at least manage to answer this question.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@Wellnice 

There is no new information for the Europe Region. The USA is a different Region and subject to different expectations. You are heard. However, there is no new information. -Gelgoog

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Wellnice 

There is no new information for the Europe Region. The USA is a different Region and subject to different expectations. You are heard. However, there is no new information. -Gelgoog

Well then, maybe the community managers should sit down with those responsible and provide information.

How you handle this is a laughing stock!

After the absolutely miserable handling with us in February 2020, better customer communication and transparency was promised.

Unless that was a lie, where are you holding up?

You continue to screw us and are now surprised about such reactions?

Until the end of summer 2020 we have not received a single status update and then, if it has surprised, came another postponement to early 2021.

January is now soon over and instead of finally sitting down and informing his paying customers, you come at us with such "There are just no news" answers.

Unless you've seriously made a tiny bit of progress in almost a full year, then maybe, just maybe..., Shadow should just discontinue the products and admit to themselves that they've failed across the board.

Userlevel 2

The floor is donner des news about Ultra & Infinite

Due to the nature of pre-ordering, which consists of subscribing to a Service or buying a product which is not yet available, or fully available, on the date of subscription, the User accepts the risk that the Service or product will only be available after the date initially indicated. Blade will endeavor to meet the deadlines indicated, and to inform the User of any revised deadline in case of a delay. Blade cannot guarantee, however, that a Service or a product offered on a pre-order basis will be available on a particular date.

Extract from terms of use : https://shadow.tech/terms-of-use

got my boost last august and cannot even PREORDER infinite since then!

now i got sick of waiting for a then outdated configuration and just quit shadow!

maybe it’s worth trying again in two or three years...

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I am reaching the end of my Shadow journey too.

I have joined early 2018 and have been with shadow ever since. First I saw a huge potential and to me it was all depending on the promised transparency. Unfortunately that is a massive fail. 

Never got any satisfying answer through any of my tickets about the delays and most of the times they took ages to even answerer those and now I don't even bother sending tickets in.

I have also been through a lot of trouble with shadow service as well as hardware (ghost) being faulty, or not being able to use shadow sometimes for very long time due to some unexplained technical difficulties in shadow HQ.

All this I could deal with as technical problems come with any technology like this and I also had a lot of good times playing all sort of games, However it is the attitude, lack of information and reassurance from shadow to all people who invested money, a lot of time and trust into using ‘supporting of the growth’ of shadow as a business and without that Shadow wouldn't be where it is today and I think they shouldn't be forgetting people who helped them to get to where they are now. People/Us are the most important Investors out there and yet we left in the dark all the time.

I have signed up for the Shadow Infinite early November 2019 and have been waiting ever since, it is now 2021 ;-O and there is still not even a glimpse of news to us about it, Shocking! I won’t go into how disappointed I am about how Shadow has dealt with this whole situation as I wouldn't be able to be very nice about it and there is just no point, because nobody will respond anyways.

I don't even know why I m still waiting because if I really think about it with all the money invested into shadow over all this time I could have upgraded my gaming computer at home which is only missing gpu and I would be good to go.

For me this is at a very critical point and unless somebody from Shadow takes charge and does something about it I think a lof of poeple will be leaving Shadow for good very soon. The only thing keeping people in atm is the queue of the orders and preorders, as people don't want to waste all the time they waited already, but my opinion is What is the point waiting in the queue for something which isn't in stock and looks like it never will be.

Userlevel 1

What I don't understand is why is it available in the US and not in Europe; your first market ...

and especially your non-existent answers