News

Linus Tech Tips checks out a custom Shadow server!

• 22 July 2020
  • 8 replies
Linus Tech Tips checks out a custom Shadow server!
Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hey #TeamShadow!

We’re excited to share a new video we worked with the Linus Tech Tips team to create, to answer the pressing question,

What’s actually inside a Shadow server?”

In the video, Linus opens up the Shadow server for a few tests of his own. We don’t want to spoil too much, so check out the video here:

Most importantly of all, we want to know what you think now that you’ve seen behind the curtain of what it takes to power your Shadow.

*cue Wizards of Oz reference*

Share your thoughts in the comments, especially if there was anything surprising to see! :)

8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Would love it for u guys to honor Linus and add a server in BC and Ontario 😏

Also if u guys are hiring a Canadian team, hey 👋🏻

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Great Video! I like how he broke down how one blade server can serve 3 clients on Boost and how the storage isn’t even on the server. Pretty cool! 

Badge

Awesome how Linus was looking for graphic artefacts which he was obviously familiar with that can happen using streaming from parsec / steam….but couldn't spot major issues with shadow.

Also, if I need to shread bananas I know where to go..

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Nice! I think I remember another video they did on Shadow.

You remember well! He stopped by back in 2018 for a tour of one of our data centers.

Thank you for finding it and linking it for me! I’ll be sure to watch that one again in a bit.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I ended up getting Shadow because of Linus. He did a demo video awhile back which led me to try it out. I have tried many other services that can only do a portion of what Shadow can do and they don’t even come close to running as well as Shadow performs.

It’s one of those bills you don’t feel bad about paying. :sunglasses:

LTT’s why I’m here to give the service a shot. :D

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

You remember well! He stopped by back in 2018 for a tour of one of our data centers.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1