New Release: Shadow iOS & tvOS 3.1.0

• 18 August 2020
  • 10 replies
New Release: Shadow iOS & tvOS 3.1.0
Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi #TeamShadow!

We’ve got some big news for all you iOS users.

*drumroll* 🥁🥁

We’ve just released 2 major updates: Shadow iOS 3.1.0 and Shadow tvOS 3.1.0! 🎉 Keep reading for all the info. 

Shadow iOS 3.1.0

In this latest release, mouse & keyboards are now fully supported!

Please note that the cursor locked feature is not yet available, and you must have iOS 13.4 or higher to use these features. 

Game controllers support have been improved with the support of the latest controllers such as Nimbus+. If you have any issue using PS4 controller, simply tick the PS4 extended compatibility in the settings.

We've also modified the rendering engine, so the stream will be smoother than ever!

There have also been some bug fixes:

• Physical controller is no longer disconnected after hiding the virtual controller.
  • Users who are using password managers can now log in to the app.
  • Some iPad Pro users were blocked at 12 FPS. They should now have 120 FPS.
  • Many users having problems connecting with their Shadow should be able to access it now.
  • A lot of crashes have been fixed

Shadow tvOS 3.1.0

It’s official, keyboards are now fully supported

Please note that you must have tvOS 13.4 or higher to use these features. 

Game controllers support have also been improved. If you have any issue using PS4 controller, simply tick the PS4 extended compatibility in the settings.

We've also modified the rendering engine, the stream will be smoother than ever!

There have also been some bug fixes:

• Users who are using password managers can now log in to the app.
  • Many users having problems connecting with their Shadow should be able to access it now.
  • A lot of crashes have been fixed

So #TeamShadow, what do you plan to do with these cool new functionalities on iOS and tvOS?

10 replies

Thank you so much for your hard work on this. Just an FYI this version on the latest iPasOS 14 beta does not seem to work for left or right click whether trackpad with magic keyboard or Bluetooth mouse. I think this may be fixed once cursor lock is implemented from the new API on iPadOS 14. We can’t wait. But if you can fix the left or right click sooner while we wait that would be awesome. Thank you. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

iOS 14, testflight beta. Bluetooth mouse and trackpad.

I wouldn’t say mouse support is there. I can barely left click, sometimes it registers as a right click. Most of the time it just expands the desktop selection box.

Middle mouse button does not work at all.

Needs cursor lock.

Badge

Same. If this functionality doesn’t yet work on iOS 14, it would be useful to put in the post, as it currently just says 13.4 or higher.

iPad OS 13.5.1, Apple Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse. Left and Right click working and keyboard is perfect. Touch scroll on the magic mouse doesn’t work, but I think that is probably a windows limitation not Shadow. 

Great update guys! I can now edit 4K videos in premiere pro on my iPad from a coffee shop, and then close Shadow and do mockups using iOS apps. All on one device, best of both worlds. Truly this is the future. 

I know gamers are your niche, but as the world moves online, your platform has huge potential for content creators!

Badge

iPad OS 13.5.1, Apple Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse. Left and Right click working and keyboard is perfect. Touch scroll on the magic mouse doesn’t work, but I think that is probably a windows limitation not Shadow. 

Great update guys! I can now edit 4K videos in premiere pro on my iPad from a coffee shop, and then close Shadow and do mockups using iOS apps. All on one device, best of both worlds. Truly this is the future. 

I know gamers are your niche, but as the world moves online, your platform has huge potential for content creators!

This right here. When the world goes back to normal my iPad will be almost as useful as my PC for this kind of work -- effectively turns it into a Quadro workstation with an LTE modem.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Once ios 14 is release that work will all be for nothing.

This might seem like a dumb question. I’ve been looking at getting an Apple TV bc it does a lot and I can run Shadow on it. My question is being so far tv os doesn’t support mice. How do we do things that would require a mouse such as right clicking to get a menu and or moving the cursor on screen. 

Exact the same problem here, not fully support for the mouse yet, please fix this. 

I wouldn’t say mouse support is there. I can barely left click, sometimes it registers as a right click. Most of the time it just expands the desktop selection box.

Needs cursor lock.

Exact the same problem here on my iPad Pro 2018 11 inch. 

Exact the same problem here, not fully support for the mouse yet, please fix this. 

Needs cursor lock.

Exact the same problem here on my iPad Pro 2018 11 inch. 

Same thing. iOS 14 official release iPad Pro 12.9 (I guess I got pushed early because I was in the beta?)

Just updated to iOS 14 today and clicking the mouse doesn't work anymore...wtf guys.