Shadow & Confinement in Europe

• 3 November 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

As you may know, EU governments recently implemented lockdown measures across many countries, including France, UK and Germany. 

As a result, we’re anticipating a surge in the use of Shadow, similar to the first confinement in March. 

We plan to use our learnings from this initial lockdown to mitigate risk, and continually monitor everything closely to ensure your experience on Shadow is not compromised. 

Just this past weekend, we already saw the impacts of confinement on our Gravelines (France) datacenter. In the Paris datacenter, our servers reached maximum capacity, so we were forced to delay planned activations.

We’ve also taken proactive actions to slow down activations in the Paris and Amsterdam datacenters to avoid server overload and impact to your experience. 

As a reminder, Shadow uses a pooled resource system. Please follow these best practices so that everyone can maintain a good experience:

• Limit the allocated bandwidth of your Shadow to an acceptable amount

• Only turn on your Shadow when you actually use it

• Turn off your Shadow when you are not using it anymore

For more information:

Thank you for your understanding!

6 replies

Badge

So all hope for Ultra upgrades in time for Cyberpunk is definitely gone.. sucks.

Is there any word when Paris will be up and running.

Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Is there any word when Paris will be up and running.

Thanks

Paris is up except for one server. No ETA yep. Be sure to follow https://status.shadow.tech/ for the latest updates.

Thanks that seems to be the server I am connected to i keep getting shadow is off

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So all hope for Ultra upgrades in time for Cyberpunk is definitely gone.. sucks.

Please note this confinement announcement is about activations and the increase in use of Shadow. The deployment of Shadow Ultra and Infinite is a separate topic. 

I wish you’d offer “off-peak” accounts. My internet is as good as dead from 16:00-23:00 anyway ;)