Shadow News: Ask Your Questions | February 11th, 2021

• 5 February 2021
  • 11 replies
Shadow News: Ask Your Questions | February 11th, 2021
Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hey #TeamShadow,

and welcome to February 2021 🙌🙌

While everyone is getting ready for this new month, we’ll be airing the next episode of Shadow News live and in color! Not now of course, but next week on Thursday, February 11.

📺 Shadow News Topic of the Week

• 🎙️Microphones on Shadow 

🔀 What next? 

• Ask a question in the comment section about Microphones on Shadow

• Like your favorite questions you want answered on stream

• Follow us on Twitch

We will stop collecting questions on Monday, February 8

💡 Please only ask questions concerning the mentioned “Shadow News Topic of the Week”. All questions that are not relevant will be deleted.

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Apps like Discord has software built in that would turn your mic output into a decent quality even if you own a cheap mic. Can anything like that be built into the shadow app iInstead of a raw input (i.e. noise cancellation etc)? 

Either way great product! Much love.

Is it possible to have less lag when using my mic? It registers on Shadow like 1 seconds after I speak

Can there be less mic lag.

Please fix the mic delay problem in known issues, I know y’all got a lot on your plate but please it’s been like 3 months since the problem started. The delay is really bad

Badge

Any way to have the mic on apple tv ? 😅

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

When using the microphone function (not USB Forwarding) you get some static noise in the background and the overall quality is very limited. Are there any plans to improve this?

Badge +1

While I’m sure the majority of the questions will ask about this as its a common question on Discord, Mic tends to have a significant delay after some time but would be great to see this addressed as it is one of the main reasons i avoid using shadow for multiplayer games needing mic for proper play.

Just curious why the status bar in microphone settings doesn't detect any audio, makes it a little harder to setup at times. Luckily i just use discord so its not a problem. Heck even a mic feedback in the overlay would be cool i think.

{Mod Edit: Removing questions/feedback not related to microphones. Please use a different thread for that.}

Apps like Discord has software built in that would turn your mic output into a decent quality even if you own a cheap mic. Can anything like that be built into the shadow app iInstead of a raw input (i.e. noise cancellation etc)? 

Either way great product! Much love.

You should try nVidia’s RTX Voice noise canceling app.  It’s free and even though it says RTX it works just fine on the 1080 (Quadro 5000?) on the entry Shadow tier, too.

I doubt Shadow, or anybody, really, could out-do what nVidia has done.

There’s also Krisp AI and some other companies that do stuff like that, but IDK if they’re free, or if they’re as good.

{Mod Edit: Removing questions/feedback not related to microphones. Please use a different thread for that.}

Is microphone support on Apple TV posssible? Is this a limitation of tvOS, etc.?

Also, outside of just Apple TV, are the headset jacks on controllers (like an Xbox controller) supported?

Thanks for your time and all the awesome work you guys do!!

Currently, if I'm not mistaken, we can't use a USB or bluetooth mic if we use shadow though Android.   Are we going to get any mic support for Android TV? (Shield TV/ Google TV)