Shadow News: Ask Your Questions | November 12, 2020

• 6 November 2020
  • 18 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Introducing the continuation of Shadow News but in a revamped style!

Shadow News will now be more focused on a specific topic per episode, so we would like to know what questions YOU want to ask on the subject beforehand.

Our main goal is to answer as many questions as we can in a clear and informational way.

Next episode

Next Thursday, 11/12/2020, we will discuss the theme of the

**New hibernation/shutdown system on Shadow** 

If you’d like to ask any additional questions, we will be gathering these from our community on our Forum from now until Monday evening (11/09/2020).

What to do next:

• Ask your question

• Like other questions you want to see answered

⚠️ Any unrelated conversations will be removed

See you soon and don’t forget to RSVP below!

18 replies

I have a Question, when will finally the hibernation/shutdown be fixed for us VR users that are using Virtual Desktop VR with Shadow?. when the 30 minutes is reached VR users getting kicked from their shadow session. There was said months ago that i will be fixed soon and they were working with the Virtual Desktop dev for a solution, any process regarding this? 

The hibernation/shutdown timer is a pain in the b*tt for us VR users with shadow. 

Badge

There is now a bug to Shadow normally shut down via the taskbar with the official version. Now I shut it down via the Launcher. Will this be solved with the new system? I will definitely listen and look at your theme ...! :wink:

We can see the South Korean data centre is online but when are you going to start accepting  the orders? 

Dev response:  Thank you for your question but at this time, we will not be answering this.  Please stay tuned for any announcements pertaining to the South Korean data center.

Userlevel 1

When will you increase the auto shutdown timer? It was supposed to be a temporary solution and it should not be the case anymore after so many months. 15 minutes is too short.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

When will you increase the auto shutdown timer? It was supposed to be a temporary solution and it should not be the case anymore after so many months. 15 minutes is too short.

Yeah, we aren’t asking for anything more than to have the timer returned to where it was previous to the temporary, shorter timer being implemented. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Where is the updated roadmap?  

Dev Response: Thank you for your question.  However, as it does not pertain to hibernation or auto-shutdown, we will not be including this question.

Question: Is native 5.1 audio support on the roadmap? 

Dev Response: Thank you for your question.  However, as it does not pertain to hibernation or auto-shutdown, we will not be including this question.

Userlevel 1

Would it be possible to have a manual hibernate option until the automatic system hibernated?

Userlevel 1

Could the automatic shutdown warning have an audio element added?

Userlevel 1

Could you use a less ambiguous date format please?  Both 11/12/2020 be interpreted as different dates 11th  of December or November 12th , even if in this instance the reader can determine which  is meant.

Do I have to move the mouse every few minutes to avoid it going into hibernation or shutting down?

Userlevel 1

Bonjour, will shadow be adding support to the new apple M1 ARM based chip ?

Userlevel 1

Hello, I believe a dynamic shutdown timer based on server capacity would be great. 

For example, 10% capacity 2 hours 

50% capacity 30 minutes 

75+ Capacity 15 minutes 

Userlevel 1

How is the development of 4:4:4 chromatic color going 😄

edit: this is not about hibernation/shutdown. Would be cool to get a response in the orignal topic.

I responded to another update post but as it got no response maybe this is the place.

@Shadow Update: Week #44 [11/06/2020]

I may have overlooked, but is the Android (tv) client included in this process?
Are there specific topics to discuss different branches?

Another thing that may be fixable is that joining one of the geo-seperated Discord chats (combine them to 1), demands you to verify your account by phone, before being allowed to type.  
I do not want to share my phone number.

Also, the means of how to get in touch, be it it chat or a forum, are not easy to find. Maybe the chat and forum links can become easier to find on the main page. The main page only links to FAQ’s after clicking on Support. When you care enough you might find a link or reference.

To finish my demands; in the community forum you find some interesting topics that even helped me to enhance the experience. I miss the involvement of Shadow developers. 

A fine example would be;

Thanks!

Will Shadow support the new Apple ARM M1 processor?

Does anyone know if Shadow will work on the new ARM Mac Books for the release? With the new macOS Big Sur, Rosetta 2 is used again to emulate Intel-based programs

Userlevel 1
Badge

Is it save to upgrade to the macOS Big Sur? Still your macOS app works under Big Sur?

Thank you!

Where are the answers?