Shadow Ultra & Infinite are officially coming to the U.S.!

• 18 November 2020
  • 26 replies
Shadow Ultra & Infinite are officially coming to the U.S.!
Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hey #TeamShadow,

No, you're not dreaming! Shadow Ultra and Infinite will make its way to the U.S. in the coming months.

For the full scoop, check out our blog post with all the details. You can also peep the TL;DR below for the main nuggets of information.

You can also check out our FAQ for more information. 

TL;DR:

• The release will be phased-out by region, and in limited quantities, to ensure quality of service

• The first release will be in our Chicago-based datacenter at the end of November

• The three other regional datacenters - Texas, California and New York - will follow after

• You must have an active Shadow Boost subscription to upgrade to the new offers

And for our EU friends, although this news only concerns the US, it may naturally lead you to ask yourself some questions. This announcement for the U.S. does not impact what has been communicated about deliveries in Europe. The server and hardware deployment is in no way linked from one region to another: processes, service providers, distances, logistics are all different parameters.

We are still aiming for a deployment in early 2021 for the pre-orders of Shadow Ultra & Infinite.

26 replies

Badge +1

That is so great i hope i get picked for the upgrade. 🙂 Really need that rtx2080

We are still aiming for a deployment in early 2021 for the pre-orders of Shadow Ultra & Infinite. “

what that it means ? January ? February ? or later ? 

Badge

When is Shadow Ghost going to be back in stock

The first release will be in our Chicago-based datacenter at the end of November

I’ve signed up to be notified about it on my account. Any idea what “end of November” is? A specific date possibly? Will you guys announce when you open sign ups for Chicago, and if so, where? I’m really looking forward to upgrading from boost to infinite.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

We are still aiming for a deployment in early 2021 for the pre-orders of Shadow Ultra & Infinite. “

what that it means ? January ? February ? or later ? 

@corsair400r No exact date I can provide you at this time.  When our teams are more confident about the timeframe, we will be announcing it on our various social media channels.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

When is Shadow Ghost going to be back in stock

@Hariric Sorry, no news on the Shadow Ghost at this time.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

The first release will be in our Chicago-based datacenter at the end of November

I’ve signed up to be notified about it on my account. Any idea what “end of November” is? A specific date possibly? Will you guys announce when you open sign ups for Chicago, and if so, where? I’m really looking forward to upgrading from boost to infinite.

@BladeRunner Everyone who signed up on the waitlist will be notified when the higher tiers are available for purchase.  Sorry, I can’t tell you a specific date.  And it won’t be a signup, it’ll be live.

Badge +1

Hello how is everyone ?  Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving   Absolutely love shadow support and their service. I’ve had bad neurological issues for a very long time and Shadow has given so many people like me a chance to do VR and gaming  and can’t wait until the VR app gets done. Just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work making shadow PC such a great service for all of us.   Take care and be safe 😀😀

is this a mistake or shadow infinite CPU frequency is lower than Ultra ?  

Absolutely pumped for this as a Chicago resident that works from home and does streams in the meantime on regular basis. Unfortunately not from my shadow though as my current gaming PC is better than the boost. Just waiting to upgrade to the boost and stream from there, as I’ve done some tests with another friend that has shadow and streams but not nearly as frequently.

Save me an Ultra or ideally an Infinite!

Badge +1

Hey #TeamShadow,

No, you're not dreaming! Shadow Ultra and Infinite will make its way to the U.S. in the coming months.

For the full scoop, check out our blog post with all the details. You can also peep the TL;DR below for the main nuggets of information.

TL;DR:

• The release will be phased-out by region, and in limited quantities, to ensure quality of service

• The first release will be in our Chicago-based datacenter at the end of November

• The three other regional datacenters - Texas, California and New York - will follow after

• You must have an active Shadow Boost subscription to upgrade to the new offers

And for our EU friends, although this news only concerns the US, it may naturally lead you to ask yourself some questions. This announcement for the U.S. does not impact what has been communicated about deliveries in Europe. The server and hardware deployment is in no way linked from one region to another: processes, service providers, distances, logistics are all different parameters.

We are still aiming for a deployment in early 2021 for the pre-orders of Shadow Ultra & Infinite.

I was going with the rtx2080 but nope going all in i will be getting that titan o yes so ready for that.

Badge

Looking at the FAQ it appears that New York will be the last to get the upgraded tiers… Summer 2021? You guys are killin me here...

Badge

I have boost. How do I pre-order?

Badge

I don't even remember if I signed up for the watch-list for the ultra/infinite news-letter :(

I wish you guys would offer it to those who has been with you for so long. It’s almost been a year for me since I’ve been subscribed to ya’ll.

Badge

Infinite has more cores and threads, sometimes the CPU frequency isn’t all that :P

That said, Shadow Ultra is the best for me

Badge +1

Infinite has more cores and threads, sometimes the CPU frequency isn’t all that :P

So little new to pc. If I get the top dog would that run all games on night settings with no issue. I have boost but even with things turn down it has a hard time running call of duty cold war. I get a lot of slow downs if there is a lot on the screen

Badge

So little new to pc. If I get the top dog would that run all games on night settings with no issue. I have boost but even with things turn down it has a hard time running call of duty cold war. I get a lot of slow downs if there is a lot on the screen

The current problem with Boost is unfortunately its CPU. I have personally never tried the ULTRA or INFINITE. Though, I would hope I’m given the chance haha. However, both the Ultra and Infinite can definitely max everything without a doubt. As it is, the cpu for boost (default and lowest tier) is really weak. 

My advice is if given the chance, definitely upgrade to Ultra or Infinite. Personally, I will get the Ultra because I believe it will improve the frame rates for games that relies on CPU quite often.

Badge +1

The current problem with Boost is unfortunately its CPU. I have personally never tried the ULTRA or INFINITE. Though, I would hope I’m given the chance haha. However, both the Ultra and Infinite can definitely max everything without a doubt. As it is, the cpu for boost (default and lowest tier) is really weak. 

My advice is if given the chance, definitely upgrade to Ultra or Infinite. Personally, I will get the Ultra because I believe it will improve the frame rates for games that relies on CPU quite often.

Thank you for the message. Yep I will be going for the big one. Because boost cpu is just to weak for new games at this point. If you do not mind me asking what is your steam name or discord looking for shadow players to add to my friends list 

where can I sign up for the waitlist?

It is almost December 2nd and I don’t see an option to upgrade to shadow infinite. When will this be available? I am on Chicago server. Thanks in advance.

It is almost December 2nd and I don’t see an option to upgrade to shadow infinite. When will this be available? I am on Chicago server. Thanks in advance.

For the latest information on pre-orders of ultra and infinite, check out this forum thread. It provides the most up to date information on release dates for the new tiers, which at the time of writing for Chicago and Texas is December 8th.

where can I sign up for the waitlist?

You can sign up for the waiting list here.

Thanks for the people in Europe who preordered Ultra litteralely the 1st minute and don't have any news for more than 1 year ☹️

Userlevel 1
Badge

The amount of notices I have received letting me know this is “coming” is insane. I’ve been on the waiting list for nearly a year and been told its coming “soon” countless times. 

PLEASE stop sending constant emails claiming something is coming “soon” I am lost how NY would be scheduled so long from now.  Overall Shadow is awesome to get a taste of PC gaming but the tech is outdated at this point until they hurry up with the new tiers. 

Shadow is the best cloud service I have used. I plan to stick around because a good company like this deserves the attention. Please Shadow, let’s get the new tiers out.

Just curious,. im in ohio off the chicago server and ive been signed up for the preorder for ultra or infinite. i been coming across multiple people that got their invite and im patiently getting impatiently eager. can i have some clarification on a little more specific eta on that? considering its pass the end of Nov.