Sticky News

The Dual Screen is here

The Dual Screen is here
Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Today, we finally have the pleasure of announcing Shadow’s most anticipated feature of all time: Dual Screen.

Using a second screen on Shadow was first mentioned 5 years ago—almost as old as Shadow itself—and it hasn’t left our discussions ever since.

Our teams tested a wide range of angles and strategies throughout its development cycle before finding the sweet spot, the best possible user experience crossed with a low-as-heck bandwidth profile. And now, it’s here.

‘Here’ meaning we introduced Dual Screen into our official release candidate for:

• Windows

• macOS 

• Linux (Ubuntu)

• Shadow Box (not Shadow Ghost)

iOS & iPad OS require additional testing before their big release and will remain in Beta for now. Support for Android devices will follow.

To learn more about the feature, how to set it up and why you should use it, check out our latest blog article: 📜 Click Me

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

uhhhh where in the hell do i order a shadow box ? ? lol

Really???  Providing new features for 5 year old  legacy hardware and leaving out your newer hardware… very disappointing!!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Really???  Providing new features for 5 year old  legacy hardware and leaving out your newer hardware… very disappointing!!

Hey tony,

your disappointment is more than understandable.
The support for Shadow Ghost is a bit more tricky, since it only features one display connection port (HDMI), compared to the Shadow Box which has two displayports. 

For the moment I sadly cannot give you any estimation date for the Shadow Ghost support of this feature.

The linked blog article shows dual screen being used with an iPad but I'm assuming this is not yet supported, right? It is in the works? Because that's exactly what I'm looking for. 

Okay! This seems great, but im

Just wondering when activations will be back and running? 

I pre-ordered on May 14th, still been waiting. So excited!

Userlevel 4

I have now started paying you guys $30 a month for this super old hardware. I have heard no updates except these updates no one cares about. We haven't heard anything on hardware upgrades or even storage I'm still stuck on 256gbs which is just enough storage for only 2 AAA games. If this is your new team they are doing a horrible job, you guys are refusing to even interact with your community. 

They started back up about 3 days ago, not sure why they didn't post this. Here is an email I got:

They started back up about 3 days ago, not sure why they didn't post this. Here is an email I got:

I also got a similar email, like 2 months ago saying I have a free month. Since then I have only gotten an email thanking me for agreeing to the new TOS, and saying activations will start any day now. I haven’t gotten an email saying activations have restarted. :(

Good to hear that the dual screen is there. But with MSFS2020 it would be fine to have three monitors working.

The dual screen is great, but I have my Macbook Pro hooked up to 2 UHD 4K monitors and it doesn’t recognize my second monitor so is setting up dual screen between my laptop monitor and one of the UHD screens. Are you planning on adding the ability to select the monitors you want to use for dual screen?

I recently pre-ordered my spot and I’m looking forward to playing some PCVR games. What has me concerned is people mentioning “old hardware”. I mean, old hardware is better than no hardware in my case lol. But I definitely want to be getting my moneys worth. I’m hoping some more updates will be announced that will satisfy these concerns, considering the new price model is fixed based on the promise of better service/hardware.