Solved

Double Vision on Alpha app for quest

• 30 October 2020
  • 8 replies

So im having difficulty with vision when running the alpha app on my quest 2. Ive been able to mess around a little bit but have to close one eye to make sense of anything. Seems like the image is not lined up right (perhapse the ipd isnt being accounted for in the software).

Just wondering if anyone else is dealing with double vision or if someone was able to fix it. 

icon

Best answer by Raph from Shadow 18 November 2020, 18:38

Indeed Quest 2 not supported yet.

View original

8 replies

I found the answer on other posts. Quest 2 is not yet supported but they are working on it.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Part of this may be because the IPD on quest 2 isn’t the same as it is on quest 1. This could just be a limitation of the quest 2 and it may just be incompatible with your IPD. Try other VR programs on your quest2, not just shadow, and see how that goes.

Unfortunately this is one of the drawbacks of the quest2, from what I’ve read. If your IPD isn’t one of the ones it supports, you’re just out of luck.

Badge

the IPD slider does not work properly with the shadow vr app. on anything but 1 it looks wrong, and i know it isn’t the quest because on virtual desktop it works fine on 3

Yeah. The same goes for me with the ShadowVR on my Quest 2. I can’t get my headset to be recognizes as ‘awake’ in the virtual desktop to Shadow wireless connection so I contacted support with a ticket and their answer was to use the Alpha app, which I have set up and can connect to but now I’m getting woozy with not being able to see clearly unless I really focus my eyes. I’m beginning to wonder why I am paying for a service I can’t use. And before anyone asks, yes, I followed all instructions and can connect and all works properly except being able to see properly. All other VR apps work just fine.

I can confirm that if I change to IPD 1 on the device it looks playable when I normally use setting 3.  I assume this will be resolved when they update for the Quest 2 as I think the IPD adjustment is not just mechanical on the Quest 2 and something needs to be adjusted on the screen maybe.

So far though I am excited about the ability that this will open for the Quest and Quest 2.  It was actually the main reason I subscribed to Shadow.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Any idea when quest 2 will be supported? Like befor3 the end of the year? Or some sort of timeframe?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Any idea when quest 2 will be supported? Like befor3 the end of the year? Or some sort of timeframe?

I believe this should be possible by January.