Recap: Our plans for 2021

• 21 January 2021
  • 9 replies
Recap: Our plans for 2021
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Happy new year! (if I can still say that)

Without losing any time in 2021, our CTO, JB and Shadow Updater, Yannis, jumped onto Twitch to break down the interesting product developments in the pipeline for the first few months and beyond. 

• Dual screen
  • Chromebook support
  • ARM processor support
  • PS5 & Xbox Series X controllers compatibility
  • and more...

Here’s a full recap of all the must-know information that was discussed. You can also check out our video that rounds-up the most notable updates from the stream.

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

“break down the interesting product developments in the pipeline for the first few months”

so ultra and infinite haven’t been mentioned with a single word.
So we can take that as a confirmation that “beginning of 2021” actually was the next lie.

Great shadow! Great work.

Userlevel 1

It's really a pity that you don't have any further info about ultra and infinite upgrade in Europe. Now I wait really a long time for it and with your described plans for 2021 you burst my dreams to get it in the next weeks. :(

So much salt,

They’re doing what they can. It’s probably harder for them to obtain the equipment than it is for you or me. And it’s already nearly impossible for us to obtain.

It’ll come as soon as it becomes feasible for them to gather, they can’t help something that is outside there control.

Agree zBeZz. C’mon, we’re early adopters of amazing new technology, and I for one am so happy to go on the ride and support anyway I can. The technology is incredible. So seamless and beautiful 60fps 4k...

Great news of the USB over IP as I’m having to Bootcamp into Windows to play with Shadow on my Mac. 

Keep it going!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

So much salt,

They’re doing what they can. It’s probably harder for them to obtain the equipment than it is for you or me. And it’s already nearly impossible for us to obtain.

It’ll come as soon as it becomes feasible for them to gather, they can’t help something that is outside there control.

“They’re doing what they can.”

They are definitely not doing what they can. We don’t get any updates at all. This is something that could be changed from one day to another.

“It’s probably harder for them to obtain the equipment than it is for you or me.”

Then they should tell and inform us about that. (if that would really be the case...)
Besides the fact that this is bullshit. It was stated they can’t go to China for new hardware but magically could establish Ultra/Infinite in the US. (No, the cards are not manufactured there...)

Nothing is outside their control.
You can travel to China for more than half a year again, there are no lockdowns, you can enter data centers and whatever else. This was a very poor excuse they pulled up end of summer 2020.

If they would really have ordered new Ultra/Infinite hardware, at least some poeple would have already been activated.

The fact that they remain dead silent and don’t even mentioned it now within their roadmap...show there is something really really messed up and they are afraid to tell us.

And last but not least, if your promise to be more transparent and if you promise to keep your customers informed and then don’t do it, you simply lied! There is nothing to sugarcoat here.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Agree zBeZz. C’mon, we’re early adopters of amazing new technology, and I for one am so happy to go on the ride and support anyway I can. The technology is incredible. So seamless and beautiful 60fps 4k...

Great news of the USB over IP as I’m having to Bootcamp into Windows to play with Shadow on my Mac. 

Keep it going!

“So seamless and beautiful 60fps 4k...”

What are you playing on your shadow, Microsoft Solitaire? Seriously, nothing that isn’t like ages old runs even close to 4k@60fps. Even most stuff @1080p doesn’t even run that smooth cause the GPU/CPU is bottlenecking.

And we are for sure not early adopters lol. Game streaming has been around for years.

Badge

I'm hoping that with ARM Linux support, there can be a native Steam Link (little box) app, I've always wanted this.

When will i get Infinite..my order is from 2019

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Give us Ultra/Infinite news!