Shadow Unified Client 3.4 Update is here!

• 6 October 2020
  • 8 replies
Shadow Unified Client 3.4 Update is here!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Version 3.4 of the Shadow Unified Client has been released!

This new version comes with some small and bigger changes, all of which will make your experience with Shadow even better.

“How”, you ask? Well, see for yourself!

All platforms

• Your games shouldn't crash anymore when switching between different devices with different resolutions as we won't apply the change while you are in a game.

• USB forwarded peripherals are now automatically saved for your next sessions.

• Maximum bitrate and High Efficiency Video Coding (H.265) settings are now synced between the Quick Menu & the Launcher.

Launcher

• The Shadow update system will now alert you if you are about to switch between different Shadow versions (Official, Beta, Alpha).

• Display data consumption per hour to help you estimate your data needs depending on the bandwidth setting.

• All the settings are now sorted into categories and they feature much more detailed descriptions.

• Releasing the "Limited frame rate" setting in the launcher: this setting will improve low-end configurations support when the hardware decoding capacities are limited.

• Adding a "clear redirected device list" option to restore automatic USB forwarded devices on the local machine.

• Add reset setting option in the launcher to clean all Shadow settings (Launcher and Quick Menu).

Mac

• Adding support for the Steelseries Nimbus+ game controller.

• Adding a “close stream” and “shutdown” button in the Touch Bar.

• Fix a bug where the cursor was stuck on the edge of the screen in locked mode.

Check out Yannis from our Product team talk about all the new shiny changes: 

So, what do you think of this update?
Let us know in the comments 👇

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Works great, thank you!

Are there plans to support the Xbox Series X|S and PS5 controller once they come out?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

You don’t support IOS 14 fully without the mouse support that still isn’t there.  Its like saying you have a fully fireproof suit, except it doesn’t cover your legs.

I hope this isn’t your way of saying that this is as good as its going to get.

cant connect after update V-100 error

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You don’t support IOS 14 fully without the mouse support that still isn’t there.  Its like saying you have a fully fireproof suit, except it doesn’t cover your legs.

Hey Powell, full mouse support on iOS 14 is on its way soon. Don’t worry :)

With this latest update my latency increased, how can I keep the old version? I can do that?

safe mode is gone, where did it go? how cna i reach the safe mode? my shadow is 100% unusable because its stuck in 800x600 resolution.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Is this version supposed to be on Android [tv] yet? I’m stuck on 3.2.3.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hey Powell, full mouse support on iOS 14 is on its way soon. Don’t worry :)

Any news on when this is coming?