Changelogs

Shadow Update: Week #06 [02/12/2021]

• 12 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hey #TeamShadow!  

In this first release of the year, a lot of changes on our side but invisible to you. We are preparing the arrival of the multi-screen desktop applications which are already available on our Alpha application!

Here are all the changelogs for this week:  

Shadow Official - Desktop - Launcher v4.22.9 

Updates:

• Shadow Renderer v3.9.5

• Shadow Overlay v1.8.7

New:

• Full support for Xbox Series X|S and PS5 Dual Sense controllers in Bluetooth (except iOS) & USB (except macOS)

• Adds the possibility to change the streaming protocol and audio quality from the quick menu.

• Added support for Wacom Tablets via the USB over IP device redirection system.

• A new queuing system that is more efficient and user friendly.

Fixes and Improvements:

• Fixed a problem in "Cursor blocked" mode in some situations

• Fixed a bug that could make 2 cursors appear in the same game.

Shadow Official - Android - Launcher v3.4.6

Fixes and Improvements:

With this new Android update, your stream remains stable when your network conditions changes thanks to the Maximum Adaptive Bitrate. We also celebrate the release of the microphone support! And finally, we have fixed a few bugs including a display bug that kept the progress of your Shadow update at 0% or the loop resolution application at game launch.

Shadow Beta - Desktop - Launcher v4.22.9

Updates:

• Shadow Processator v2.0.23

• Shadow Renderer v3.9.8

• Shadow Streamer v3.5.10

Fixes and Improvements:

• Fix error L:100 on macOS

• Fix of the microphone that disconnects on Windows

Shadow Beta - Boxes

Updates:

• Shadow Renderer v3.9.8

• Shadow Streamer v3.5.10

Fixes and Improvements:

• Box v1: Fix an issue when you have only one corner of the video.

• Ghost: Fix an issue of cursor's position is mismatching with the reality.

• Fix the cursor offset

• Fix the wrong resolution configuration

• Fix of low microphone output level

Having trouble with your Shadow? Notice an error that you might not be too sure about? Don’t fret! We've got you covered with our Help Center!

This is where you’ll find our support articles along with answers to questions you may have. Can’t find an answer? Don’t worry, you can reach our Support team any day of the week by submitting a ticket which can be found in your Shadow account page.

Additionally, we also have a Known Issues Page for the Official version of Shadow.

We will continue to update this page with any major known issues that we are currently investigating along with any workaround and fixes. Please be sure to check this page out if you notice anything out of the ordinary with your Shadow.

Want to hang out and chat with other Shadowers? Drop by our Discord communities and come check out our community:

If you are using the Beta or Alpha clients, please don’t forget to share your valuable feedback with us.

To see the history of Shadow Weekly Updates, check out the archive here on Reddit or visit check out our Roadmap & release notes section of our forum.

As always, we hope you stay safe and have a fantastic weekend!

4 replies

Yeah this update completely killed Shadow app on my macOS Sierra and support can't figure what's wrong.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Any update on the App Store situation?  Did Apple

ever give you a reason for pulling the app?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I think instead of constantly trying to add new features that you guys should focus on getting the current features working first. Mics not working properly, cpu bottleneck, degraded performance in multiple data centers, ect.

Agree the aboves here.

It also killed shadow app on my device.

it was perfectly running on my chromebook, u guys fixed that great.

But now it is broken as before, even when i am still in the beta testing program.

It doesnt work anymore.. sadly… this was a short duration of pleasure with my chromebook shadow app..