Changelog

Shadow Update: Week #35 [08/28/2020]

• 28 August 2020
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hey #TeamShadow,

Welcome to the last week of August! Here is a new release to feed your hunger for improvements while getting your summer tan on

TLDR: A fix for the 2 GPU Quick Menu issue on Windows, adding support for Xbox Controller Elite V2 on macOS, Metal renderer now available on macOS and iOS to improve performance, and the Quick Menu finally live on Linux.

Here are all the nitty-gritty details for this week:  

Shadow Official 

Desktop - Launcher v4.16.5

• Shadow Renderer v3.3.15 

All Platforms

• Display management: Redesign of the custom resolution pop up

• USB peripherals (Win, macOS): USB unforwarding should now work properly when you close Shadow

• Quick Menu: Statistic time range setting is now saved between sessions

• Audio: Less impact on CPU performance

• Nvidia driver setting is now saved at an account level. It will now be consistent whatever the app you are using to access your Shadow 

• Cursor: Fix early lock mode that was blocking the cursor even before the Shadow stream starts

Windows

• Fixing Quick Menu issues for computers with 2 GPUs. (ex: iGPU + discrete GPU)

macOS

• Controllers: Update game controller compatibility list including Xbox Controller Elite V2

• New pop up to request mouse inputs access (Catalina first start issue)

• New Apple Metal renderer! Improved performance on modern mac. Fallback on a AVF rendering solution when Metal is not available on the device

• Fixing CMD sticky key when performing CMD+TAB

Linux Desktop

• Quick Menu support review before release in prod for the first time! (Please let us know if you encounter a pink screen and need to deactivate the Quick Menu.)

iOS / iPadOS / tvOS

• New Apple Metal renderer! Improved performance on A11+ chip devices 

• Adding the “PS4 controller extended compatibility” setting

Android

• Adding a new feature to send logs from the last sessions

• Nvidia Shield remote controller is now correctly forwarded to your Shadow

10 replies

Badge

Since last update. Issues with shadow closing. Every closing method tested. Same result. Pc client. Non beta version. Also since last update. 50% chance i get no keyboard. Both issues only since latest patch. Santa clara server. 

Can you please add support for chromebook.

Badge

Since last update. Issues with shadow closing. Every closing method tested. Same result. Pc client. Non beta version. Also since last update. 50% chance i get no keyboard. Both issues only since latest patch. Santa clara server. 

Wanted to come say this seems fixed today. Both issues. Thanks! That was so annoying! 

Hey, I’ve noticed the shadow logo in the top has disappeared so I can no longer open the quick menu. Any ideas as to what might be causing this? I don’t appear to be able to launch it via the keyboard shortcut either (this is on MacOS).

Is the new iOS/tvOS app version 3.1.0 which released on August 17 or has it not been pushed for public distribution yet?

Hi - thanks for the great update! Any news on mouse lock support for iPadOS?

On Linux, I seem to be getting a pinkish orangish render issue when the quick menu is enabled.

On Linux, I seem to be getting a pinkish orangish render issue when the quick menu is enabled.

on 20.04* and fixed when disabled.

Thank you for respecting your community as much as you do, Shadow. Whenever things come up that should be improved it’s fantastic that you take seriously the needs of the community and follow up on emails! 

I am looking forward to playing some Halo in tvOS! 

Thank you so very much! 

Can you please add support for chromebook.

It works on Chromebook , if ou have issues with launching the app because it says it cant start the streaming its because it has to be in h265 to work.