Time for a new changelog! 

Here are all the changelogs for this week 👇 

Shadow Official

Desktop - Launcher v4.28.7

Updates:

• Shadow Renderer v3.14.6

• Shadow Overlay v1.11.3

New Features:

• A new Shadow version, optimized for Apple Silicon Macs (M1) is now available on our website

• New, more secure, and efficient login system for Linux

Fixes and Improvements:

• Fixed dual screen bugs

• Fixed a lot of bugs on Linux (Mouse side click, Quick menu bugs, Better Microphone Management...)

• Fixed a bug on the Quick Menu that sometimes wouldn't open

• Fixed a bug on Windows that sometimes made the stream appear on an invisible screen

• Fixed a bug on macOS that sometimes made the menu bar still visible

Boxes - Launcher v4.28.6

Updates:

• Shadow Renderer v3.14.2 

New Features:

• Visual improvement of our new connection system

Fixes and Improvements:

• Fixed Dual screen bugs

• Fixed a bug of an invisible cursor

🚑 Having trouble with your Shadow?

Notice an error that you might not be too sure about? Don’t fret! We've got you covered with our Help Center!

This is where you’ll find our support articles along with answers to questions you may have. Can’t find an answer? Don’t worry, you can reach our Support team any day of the week by submitting a ticket which can be found in your Shadow account page.

Additionally, we also have a Known Issues Page for the Official version of Shadow.

We will continue to update this page with any major known issues that we are currently investigating along with any workaround and fixes. Please be sure to check this page out if you notice anything out of the ordinary with your Shadow.

💡 Want to hang out and chat with other Shadowers? Drop by our Discord communities:

To see the history of Shadow Weekly Updates, check out our Roadmap & release notes section of our forum.

Please enjoy your sessions on Shadow and feel free to send us your feedback on our Discord or the forum.

As always, we hope you stay safe and have a fantastic weekend!

4 replies

Fact is, no one in this community cares about this. Every user that uses Shadow is a gamer. We care about actually using your service to play high end games. With that comes 16gb of RAM minimum. I literally use Shadow for only 1 game and it cannot handle it because of the 12gb RAM bottleneck. Your other hardware is efficient enough, but the RAM memory is not up to par according to 80% of your gamer user base. I anticipated paying a higher price for more RAM. No problem. But then you yanked that possibility away. Why? Your user base is/are gamers, not VM users. 16gb is the minimum standard for that nowadays. I have problems with almost every single game I attempt to play on high solely due to a shortage of RAM memory. An additional 4gb would increase the performance of you service ten-fold. I need the possibility of higher RAM memory, and I am willing to pay for it. Just offer it again. 16 FPS is not what I am paying for… if I wanted sub-par gaming performance, I would play on my 15.6” basic laptop that does the same thing. You increased the price to the same price you told everyone you would offer higher RAM memory amounts for and then offered your lowest package as your highest limit. You falsely advertised these additional upgrades for a higher fee, which by the way no on had a problem with, and then replaced all your services with a single low-end high cost plan that no one wanted. You bait and switched your service and all of your current user base will drop off little by little unless you offer better RAM memory options to your service packages.

The software service operates great and has industry leading VM like performance. But the hardware is 4 years old and games that are played in the day and age demand a higher minimum, and that is SPECIFICALLY what your users come to you for. 

Fix the gap, and I and thousands of other users will return to use the specs you promised us.

Until then.

Thank you for these improvements. 

Also, I agree with the poster above. I realize resources are scarce at the moment, and it’s hard to balance them among countless VM machines, but extra RAM would definitely go the extra mile. 

Keep it up! 

With the discussion above, was just looking at the recommended specs for some new games and 16GB is the recommended now. RAM is super cheap now so why is 12GB the only option? You should allow us to add RAM to the package just like you can add storage and just charge us per month for the extra we use. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

You think you have it bad imagine being the United States? And being  yanked  from using beautiful RTX graphics and pushed to basic so yeah.