changelog

Shadow Update: Week #48 [11/27/2020]

• 27 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey #TeamShadow,

This month's update is pretty cool. The long-awaited support of the microphone on our Android mobile applications on the Beta app! We've also added a note system at the end of your mobile sessions where you can give us your feedback directly.

We are now also adapting the Windows scale factor to your local device! No need to do anything, it's completely automatic and relies on the local display settings of your Windows, macOS, or Linux device.

We hope you continue to enjoy gaming on Shadow!

Here are all the changelogs for this week:  

Shadow Official - Desktop - Launcher v4.19.6

Updates:

• Shadow Processor v2.0.17 

• Shadow Manager v2.3.17 

• Shadow ServiceWatcher v1.0.10

• Shadow SystemWatcher v1.1.5

• Shadow Streamer v3.4.27

• Shadow Activities v0.0.4

Fixes and Improvements:

• Audio streams are now more resilient to packet loss.

• Unsupported screens should not crash Windows anymore.

• Remove duplicated resolutions in the available resolution list.

• Fix TCP stream that was not working on some bad quality connections.

• Improve handling of quality/bitrate

• Add new Korean banners

• Fix display-safe-mode

• Improve display cleansing at shutdown

• Improve application of resolutions over 1080p

Shadow Beta - Android - Launcher v3.3.0

Fixes and Improvements:

• Microphone support is now available for the Android mobile app

Shadow Beta - iOS - Launcher v3.2.2

Updates:

• Shadow Streamer v3.4.27

Fixes and Improvements:

• Fix of the iPad 12 with the red square and high framerate 100/120Hz

Having trouble with your Shadow? Notice an error that you might not be too sure about? Don’t fret! We've got you covered with our Help Center!

This is where you’ll find our support articles along with answers to questions you may have. Can’t find an answer? Don’t worry, you can reach our Support team any day of the week by submitting a ticket which can be found in your
Shadow account page.

Additionally, we also have a
Known Issues Page for the Official version of Shadow.

We will continue to update this page with any major known issues that we are currently investigating along with any workaround and fixes. Please be sure to check this page out if you notice anything out of the ordinary with your Shadow.

Want to hang out and chat with other Shadowers? Drop by our Discord communities and come check out our community:

If you are using the Beta or Alpha clients, please don’t forget to share your valuable feedback with us.

To see the history of Shadow Weekly Updates, check out the archive here on Reddit or visit check out our Roadmap & release notes section of our forum.

As always, we hope you stay safe and have an amazing weekend

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Please be advised, the Android 3.3.0-BETA appears to break surround-sound when using a Shield TV and the Steam Streaming Speakers method described at

Audio is reported as PCM stereo and is heavily distorted (static). Reverting the app back to 3.2.4 official restores normalcy (LPCM 7.1 in Tomb Raider as a test).

If someone else could verify this, that’d be great!

Please be advised, the Android 3.3.0-BETA appears to break surround-sound when using a Shield TV and the Steam Streaming Speakers method described at

Audio is reported as PCM stereo and is heavily distorted (static). Reverting the app back to 3.2.4 official restores normalcy (LPCM 7.1 in Tomb Raider as a test).

If someone else could verify this, that’d be great!

I had issues with using the beta client also (in hindsight) and even lead to me resetting the whole Shadow in the process. Using 2017 Shield and it worked fine before.

My issue was that my set scaling was reset after a reboot. That made it hard to use it (Shadow Windows) in my living room on my 4k TV. 

I will safe you my hours spent to this as it got not resolved when I rolled back the client but it kinda makes sense now.
I had to purge my account profile (was using my (online) Microsoft account) by creating/switching to a local account (Windows profile). After a reboot I noticed it did again remember my scaling settings and even better, after switching back to my ‘live’ account it also got to remember the setting after a reboot.

I never read this update which mentions having tinkered with scaling and it sure seems related.

Why care? Maybe other issues can be ‘reset’/resolved by changing to a local account and back again.

As to the distortion you mentioned. I got to get surround using that topic also and fixed some occurrence of static sound by first disabling all sound devices, reboot, enable the Steam, reboot, success.

I have not tried checking if this profile workaround sticks when using the beta client yet but maybe anyone using it now can confirm.