Changelog

Shadow Update: Week #50 [12/11/2020]

• 11 December 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hey #TeamShadow,

TLDR: Last update for 2020, now officially on the Official App! After the dynamic quality, we serve you an even better experience with the arrival of network notifications and Windows scaling management. We'll add a few small fixes and sprinkle it all in with the addition of rudimentary support for your brand new PS5 DualSense and Xbox Series X | S controllers thanks to the mapping you, our great community, provided us.

Here are all the changelogs for this week:  

Shadow Official 

All Platforms

• Image scaling: We now adapt the Windows scaling setting to your machine settings! Nothing to do for you, everything is automatic and adapts automatically to the settings you have on your Windows, macOS, or Linux computer.

• The audio stream is now more resistant to packet loss.

• Unsupported screens should no longer cause Windows crashes.

• Removed duplicate resolutions from the list of available resolutions.

• Fixed the video stream with the TCP protocol that was not working on some poor quality connections.

• Improved the server update process. We launch potential updates before your Shadow is ready to save you time.

• Improved management of the quality/bandwidth ratio.

• Correction on the Display Safe Mode

• Improvement of the display switch-off at the end of sessions

• Improved application of 1080p and higher resolutions

Desktop - Launcher v4.20.5

Updates:

• Shadow Streamer v3.4.29 

• Shadow Manager v2.3.20 

• Shadow Operator v1.1.13 

• Shadow Watcher v1.1.7

Fixes and Improvements:

• Fix related to the shutdown popup which doesn't close up after user activity

• Add Korean translation to shutdown popup

• New management of the Nvidia drivers

• Technical fixes

Boxes - Launcher v4.20.5

• Correction of problems related to 5Ghz Wifi

• Adding basic support for PS5 controllers with Bluetooth

Windows, macOS, Linux

• Network notifications: Whuuut? These are small notifications that will appear at the top of your screen and tell you the current status of your network. When you open your Quick Menu, you will see tips on how to improve your connection to our servers.

• Basic support for PS5 and Xbox Series X | S controllers. They will be recognized as Xbox 360 controllers until the next update where we will implement native support.

macOS

• For real this time we add the alternative rendering mode "Metal" which is available in the Launcher options. Available macOS 10.15+ only. (Catalina and Big Sur)

Linux

• Added an alternative decoding mode. Thanks to it we support software video decoding which will avoid the R-300 errors that some of you may encounter. Make Linux great again!

Android & iOS - Launcher v3.3.1

• Adding a user feedback screen that will allow you to give us your feedback

Shadow Beta - Desktop - Launcher v4.20.6

Fix & Improvements

• Internal technical fix

• Fix of a launcher issue that made it unusable in macOS

Having trouble with your Shadow? Notice an error that you might not be too sure about? Don’t fret! We've got you covered with our Help Center!

This is where you’ll find our support articles along with answers to questions you may have. Can’t find an answer? Don’t worry, you can reach our Support team any day of the week by submitting a ticket which can be found in your Shadow account page.

Additionally, we also have a Known Issues Page for the Official version of Shadow.

We will continue to update this page with any major known issues that we are currently investigating along with any workaround and fixes. Please be sure to check this page out if you notice anything out of the ordinary with your Shadow.

Want to hang out and chat with other Shadowers? Drop by our Discord communities and come check out our community:

If you are using the Beta or Alpha clients, please don’t forget to share your valuable feedback with us.

To see the history of Shadow Weekly Updates, check out the archive here on Reddit or visit check out our Roadmap & release notes section of our forum.

As always, we hope you stay safe and have an amazing weekend!

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Linux

• Added an alternative decoding mode. Thanks to it we support software video decoding which will avoid the R-300 errors that some of you may encounter. Make Linux great again!

Super excited to test this out on my PopOS rig :drooling_face:

used 3.3.0 beta on android and enjoyed mic support, but i got upgrade from 3.3.0 beta to 3.3.2 and lost mic support.

what i did wrong?

I too am curious as to why mic support vanished =(

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Pavlo @Kiyoshi Thanks for letting us know.  As our Beta is untested and may contain bugs, I’d recommend using the stable launcher instead.

I just got shadow today and my app version is stuck on 3.2.2

Device: 2018 iPad Pro 12.9

Region: Texas

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Quantez if you’re having trouble with your Shadow, please either contact our support team through your account page or feel free to create a topic within the Technical Assistance category.

Talked with your support and they suggested I comment here.  In the Holiday spirit, I was looking to gift a year long subscription to a friend but there appears to be no mechanic to do that currently.  I could just give them the money and suggest they go do this but that kind of takes away a lot of the gifting portion.  While I understand not wanting to allow people to gift like a month to someone who may cancel after that month, I am kind of surprised there’s not any longer term options where I feel the cost of setting up new HW would maybe be offset.  I don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes exactly but if you offered that feature there are several people I’d be sending it to.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Buternife Thanks for the suggestion but this post is not the right place to do this as this is our weekly changelogs.  Please create a new topic in Shadow101 about this.