Solved

iOS Microphone Support

• 4 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hey Team - Is microphone support coming for iOS at all? Would love to use my airpod pros….

icon

Best answer by geraldbrent1 5 February 2021, 04:57

It’s in the latest Testflight build for sure. I’m using it through a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 but it works flawlessly with my condenser mic. Needs a bit more gain than other clients though. I will say, it’s a bit testy with some Bluetooth devices, especially connecting headphones and a controller at the same time, but other than that, it’s a working mic input on iOS!

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

It’s in the latest Testflight build for sure. I’m using it through a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 but it works flawlessly with my condenser mic. Needs a bit more gain than other clients though. I will say, it’s a bit testy with some Bluetooth devices, especially connecting headphones and a controller at the same time, but other than that, it’s a working mic input on iOS!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks so much. Unfortunately the mic option in the beta stops my sound working all together. Plus apex legends won’t run on the beta when I try! Back to the official client with no mic for now. 

Any updates on this? I’d love this to be working so that I can use discord on my shadow through my ipad.