Solved

is it working for Egypt

Badge

hi guys i buy first shadow today and its just not ready yet i was wondering if its working for egypt cuz im from egypt and have no idea if its working on my country or nah

icon

Best answer by Gaijin 2 July 2020, 02:06

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

https://help.shadow.tech/hc/en-gb/articles/360011196119-How-to-Test-Your-Connection-to-Shadow

check to which data center you have the best latency. 

i had 80ms @ 15mb/s stream to amsterdam on vodafone’s 4g network last year in the affluent cairo & alexandria neighborhoods (wouldnt recommend that option due to datacap, you’ll be consuming about 6.5gb per hour).

if the fixed internet is still the same monopoly then i’d suggest to do the speed test a couple of times spread throughout the day / night and especially on thursdays/fridays.

Badge

https://help.shadow.tech/hc/en-gb/articles/360011196119-How-to-Test-Your-Connection-to-Shadow

check to which data center you have the best latency. 

i had 80ms @ 15mb/s stream to amsterdam on vodafone’s 4g network last year in the affluent cairo & alexandria neighborhoods (wouldnt recommend that option due to datacap, you’ll be consuming about 6.5gb per hour).

if the fixed internet is still the same monopoly then i’d suggest to do the speed test a couple of times spread throughout the day / night and especially on thursdays/fridays.

i test it i had 80ms too on paris

Badge

now waiting for shadow  so i can log in i buy it yasterday but its not ready yet so i can ues it

Badge

ty for help Gaijin

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

ty for help Gaijin

you are welcome

If Paris is your best data center then youd have to pre-order on one of the following countries

France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, United Kingdom

and wait time is quite long. October with the current estimate

Badge

ty for help Gaijin

you are welcome

If Paris is your best data center then youd have to pre-order on one of the following countries

but im already buyed one on NY i didnt know anything about test speed internet should i press cancel my preorderand buy it again??

Badge

ty for help Gaijin

you are welcome

here is a pic https://mrkzgulfup.com/uploads/159367962522121.png

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

ty for help Gaijin

you are welcome

but im already buyed one on NY i didnt know anything about test speed internet should i press cancel my preorderand buy it again??

Yes, you should cancel. And preorder again. 

Badge

ty for help Gaijin

you are welcome

october omg i have to wait 3 months ? O_O

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

ty for help Gaijin

you are welcome

october omg i have to wait 3 months ? O_O

Unfortunately, correct. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hey bro welcome to the community, a couple of questions before you go for the service. 

1) as Gaijin and Lilly mentioned you'll need to check the server you're going with. NY server is waaay out of your region if am not mistaken it's the furthest point from Egypt so your ping will be so high. Nevertheless if you chose France and its 80 ms that's still high my dude that's almost an entire second…

2) can you share with us a speed test speedtest.net I wanna see what you're playing with.

3) shadow delivers a very high streaming quality with low compression for the video codex so it usee a lot of Data. Do you have unlimited internet cap/bandwidth or you're on a certain limitation?

4) back to the high ping what are you going to use Shadow for? Daily PC usage? Gaming? Competitive fps gaming? 1 second or higher ping can hinder your gaming experience.

Amazing to hear the community is expanding in Egypt but I want to make sure you receive the best experience. 

And to the shadow team maybe we should think about expanding a server in Dubai considering the middle eastern marketplace. 

آنا بحكي عربي إذا بدك أي مساعدة أو شرح :)