Long Time Shadow User

Badge +1

Hey everyone! I’ve been using Shadow for almost 2 years now, so I have quite a bit of experience with it. If anyone has ANY questions at all about it, please comment them and I’ll do everything I can to answer them! Welcome to the community! :)

4 replies

What is the uptime on the server?  Is there restarts?

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hello @Trader 
Shadow servers can be accessed 24/7. Once connected it will only shut down when you are away from keyboard. When you come back you can just start it again. 

Hi there, my question is if I close out the shadow app does it still run in the background or does it log off automatically? For example, If I am doing a compliation can I let it run and close the app on my PC and let it run in the VM?

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hey @somebudy 
If you close the Shadow app completely your Shadow will run for the next 20 minutes until it shuts down automatically.

If you keep the Shadow stream running it will automatically shut down after 30 to 90 minutes, depending on the current datacenter load, if you are inactive (inactive means no input via mouse or keyboard). A warning message will be placed in the streamer 2 minutes before auto shutdown.