The #1 thing to do when your Shadow isn't booting up/working well

• 23 April 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

It’s rather simple. Shutdown, wait 15 minutes. Make sure to wait the 15 minutes, then just start it again. This has always fixed any non-global issue I’ve ever had. Other things you can try is closing then reopening the Shadow window.

To Shutdown from your launcher, simply follow this link.

4 replies

Instead of waiting, when I see Shadow not starting right away,  I go to Help, and click  on shutdown button, it forces some kind of internal magic, so once it complete, it starts in 9 out of 10 times after that.

Badge

I had some issues and support told me to do the safe mode display option. It let me get it booted and updated. Has worked flawlessly since.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Instead of waiting, when I see Shadow not starting right away,  I go to Help, and click  on shutdown button, it forces some kind of internal magic, so once it complete, it starts in 9 out of 10 times after that.

Uhm, I should have been more clear then. Yep thats exactly what I do haha, but I just wait before booting it up again) 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

I had some issues and support told me to do the safe mode display option. It let me get it booted and updated. Has worked flawlessly since.

Display safe mode is also a good idea! Thanks!