Solved

Unreal Engine 4 editor performance on Shadow

• 1 August 2020
  • 2 replies

I pre-ordered Shadow Boost this morning as I see it could be quite beneficial to me as I use Unreal Engine 4. My main thought is that if Shadow can run games, how well can it run an unpackaged game project running constantly in real-time within the engine. Has anyone used UE4 with Shadow, how well does it perform? My understanding is that as Shadow servers use workstation GPUs like Quadros and Intel Xeon CPUs, doing tasks like this shouldn’t be a problem, right?

Also, one slight bit of confusion I have is about RAM, do we know what speed and double data rate we get?

Thank you for reading, and making it this far! :smile:

icon

Best answer by Jim29er 1 August 2020, 20:21

I can’t answer your specific UE4 questions, but I’m assuming it would run fine for that.

FWIW, here’s a snippet of Device Manager from my Shadow Boost in Santa Clara:

The Shadow PCs are virtual machines, so stats on the RAM would apply to the hypervisors...not sure we have that info.

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I can’t answer your specific UE4 questions, but I’m assuming it would run fine for that.

The Shadow PCs are virtual machines, so stats on the RAM would apply to the hypervisors...not sure we have that info.

You absolute legend! thank you for showing me what CPUs these systems have