Solved

what is the plan for hardware upgrades?

• 7 July 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I ordered a Boost in April (Paris) and I'm aware shadow had been rolling out long before this date, my concern is that the spec for Boost packages is already dated imho, 12 GB of RAM is not enough to play most 2020 releases even at a minimum requirement. Understandably there are higher spec options but I imagine these to be for playing games with best graphics quality and 4/8k displays. When will promised upgrades be considered, because currently I would argue that a Boost PC is not a high end gaming rig, more average if anything.

icon

Best answer by Wellnice 16 July 2020, 08:54

These games list RAM requirements in terms of “system” RAM (prior to OS consumption), as opposed to what’s used by the game itself. I’m skeptical that any of those games would run into problems on a system with 12GB of RAM...seems like more of a CYA on their part. This is just my opinion, though.

They actually easily use that much ram and you can continue with the list with stuff like, Final Fantasy, Minecraft ModPacks,…

People complained about the low amount of ram directly when shadow was available in the beginning.
Should’ve been 16GB on launch.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Which games are you referring to? Boost is intended for 1920x1080 streams, and I’m not aware of any games that use that much RAM. Please clarify.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi,

Well i can only list ones i’m interested in and know about, but Star Citizen requires 16GB, Cyberpunk 2077 which admittedly isn’t out yet but will be this year will need 16GB, Half life Alyx needs a minimum of 12GB so thats maxed. By the time we get to 2021 which is only 6 months away i expect most new games will be needing 16GB

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

These games list RAM requirements in terms of “system” RAM (prior to OS consumption), as opposed to what’s used by the game itself. I’m skeptical that any of those games would run into problems on a system with 12GB of RAM...seems like more of a CYA on their part. This is just my opinion, though.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

They actually easily use that much ram and you can continue with the list with stuff like, Final Fantasy, Minecraft ModPacks,…

People complained about the low amount of ram directly when shadow was available in the beginning.
Should’ve been 16GB on launch.