Changelog ShadowVR Alpha 3.4.5

• 21 January 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hello everyone,

Today we are making a small release to deliver a first iteration of our 2D Desktop mode for Quest.
That’s it. That’s our Changelog :)
Download the app from Sidequest and give it a go.

You can now access your Shadow Desktop from within the home of ShadowVR at any time. 

Feel free to fall back to this mode whenever ShadowVR seems to be stuck for example. You might just have to interact with your Shadow desktop to fix it.

We would be happy to hear your suggestions on how to improve this mode (of course we have already several in mind ourselves). 

Next steps for the team:

• Application interface improvements
  • Fixing IPD issue where the image would be deformed at certain IPD
  • Fix terrible perf issues when starting Shadow VR from a shutdown Shadow

Happy new year everyone,

6 replies

Badge

Nice gonna try this out now! 👍

Badge

The 2d desktop is great, only issue is when switching in app from desktop to VR I get error 206

Recommendation for a full PC keyboard so we have access to keys such as WIN etc 👍

Today I’ve tried both Shadow Desktop and Shadow VR from my Quest 2.

On the VR version the only interpapillary setting available is the 2, by using the 1 (my favourite) or the 3, the stereoscopic view is completely wrong. Do you already know about this issue?

ps: great project, thank you!

Badge

I am on a Quest 2. When I start a session the VR environment is very zoomed out, if that makes sense, like I am tiny. I understand this is typically an IPD issue. I saw people post about changing their settings. How do I change IPD or fix the zoomed out / tiny person problem? Other than that it was running surprisingly well.

Bonsoir, 

Je possède le casque Acer Windows Mixed Reality. 

Est-il ou sera-t-il compatible avec Shadow ? 

Ça permetrait de soulager grandement mon ordinateur portable ci c'est le cas 🙃🙃

Bonne soirée et merci

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Bonsoir, 

Je possède le casque Acer Windows Mixed Reality. 

Est-il ou sera-t-il compatible avec Shadow ? 

Ça permetrait de soulager grandement mon ordinateur portable ci c'est le cas 🙃🙃

Bonne soirée et merci

Hello Franck,

Malheureusement non, l’application Shadow VR ne sera disponible que pour Oculus Quest & Quest 2.